Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,012 of 1012
    Fantastic Member

Last edited by SecretWarrior; Yesterday at 03:31 PM.

Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

He may not get a lot of focus in JL but at least some good artist are drawing him.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    He may not get a lot of focus in JL but at least some good artist are drawing him.
    On the positive side, he's also on the core JL team participating in DC's biggest event.

On the negative side, I do think John should get the same higher focused treatment as Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter. But I would even go further and say he should get more focused than The Martian Manhunter. At least he has a book, so why is his role bigger than John's!? If John had his own book, it wouldn't be a problem to me. The Green Lantern is one of the most popular figures on the team, you should expect him to have a solo book. If I just got into comics and picked up Justice League, and thought Green Lantern is interesting from reading Justice League, I would be asking "where the hell is John Stewart's book!?" And then tell me there is a Green Lantern book and it's not the character I'm looking for, then I would pass. Who cares if there's more than one Green Lantern book. Who cares!!? DC needs to stop holding the character back for the sake of the other Green Lantern and use him to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    On the positive side, he's also on the core JL team participating in DC's biggest event.

On the negative side, I do think John should get the same higher focused treatment as Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter. But I would even go further and say he should get more focused than The Martian Manhunter. At least he has a book, so why is his role bigger than John's!? If John had his own book, it wouldn't be a problem to me. The Green Lantern is one of the most popular figures on the team, you should expect him to have a solo book. If I just got into comics and picked up Justice League, and thought Green Lantern is interesting from reading Justice League, I would be asking "where the hell is John Stewart's book!?" And then tell me there is a Green Lantern book and it's not the character I'm looking for, then I would pass. Who cares if there's more than one Green Lantern book. Who cares!!? DC needs to stop holding the character back for the sake of the other Green Lantern and use him to the fullest.
    the lack of a book is 100% a detriment to the character. While I am glad he's on the team, with a writer like Snyder who at least cares about the character, having Hal Jordan be the one leading the only Green Lantern book when John is the "main" Lantern on the JL was a silly move. I just do not understand DC's continued hesitance to give John a solo book. the mismanagement of John Stewart continues to be one if the most perplexing phenomenon at DC comics for me.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)

John Stewart is my Lantern.

Naomi was great, pass it on...

DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock

Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, Cosmic Ghost Rider etc., Venom, Moon Girl, Avengers

Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

You already know who is going to complain. You will hear every excuse given while there are others where those excuses are not being tossed out.

Just like I said about Storm-it's NICE she's getting usage in Panther books but at the END of the day-what franchise does she belong to? What franchise is she suppose to be making MONEY for?
    Like John you can't do that when your franchise ignores you and others. It makes a HARDER sell of said franchise to others.

Because like you said if someone takes an interest in John-they have nothing to read beyond JL. That is money lost and that is UNFAIR to Hal fans to have to make up for all those loss revenue. Because you can't give him help when you have 5 other lanterns who held solo books. 4 boasting 40+ issue runs.

Fantastic Member Vampire Savior's Avatar

So, now it seems people are starting to realize what I've said for...what, months now? John Stewart's role in Justice League is inconsequential. It's meant to bait people (like you), who get excited simply to see the character drawn, and who get a sense of pride simply by having him around in the Justice League, so that you'll hopefully shut up about him not being anywhere in the DCU. I admit, I used to kind of be that way, so I understand it. Eventually, I got WOKE and realized that type of stuff is just superficial fluff. In reality, in Justice League, John hasn't done much of anything, and his being there hasn't done much of anything for his character. What issue number is it at now? Going on 30 or somewhere close by? You can hold out hope, but pretty soon that will start looking silly. I guess he'll do something with the JSA, but chances are the focus will be primarily on the JSA and John will...be there.