Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1538

Are you serious!!!? Robert Venditti is taking over the Justice League!? I would never would have thought. I would love to hear Vampire Savior’s thoughts on this. One positive thing I would say is that Venditti never came off as an anti-John Stewart type of writer.

To be fair, neither did Snyder but the general consensus in this thread seemed to be that he didn't do that well with the character overall. Venditti is a hit or miss, but I'm curious to see what he would do. And having Doug Mahnke on art is great.

I'd be more concerned with how Venditti writers Wonder Woman then how he writes John.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Oh lord. Venditti is such a meh writer. His John wasn't the worse we seen but he wrote John so bland and by a basic blueprint. He seems to be doing well with Hawkman and Freedom Fighters but ugh. At least John is still on the team I guess.

Yeah the team roster seems to be the exact same. I'm guessing no changes would be made until "5G" starts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be more concerned with how Venditti writers Wonder Woman then how he writes John.
    He writes female characters poorly, or he's written WW poorly?

BANNED

Batman and Green Lantern plan a counter assault, but it can’t work without the Flash
    '

I like this part of the solicit. Hopefully the book is good!

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    He writes female characters poorly, or he's written WW poorly?
    The former, or he just doesn't write them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair, neither did Snyder but the general consensus in this thread seemed to be that he didn't do that well with the character overall. Venditti is a hit or miss, but I'm curious to see what he would do. And having Doug Mahnke on art is great.
    Yea, the biggest offense with Snyder for me was the lack of relationship with John and Shayera, despite stating on record that that was one of the best moments in JL history. I do think that Robert Venditti likes the John Stewart character. He even said that he's a fan of the JL cartoons and how he loved John there. So I'm also curious on how he'll handle John Stewart and the roster that resembles the JL/JLU cartoon that he's fond of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Are you serious!!!? Robert Venditti is taking over the Justice League!? I would never would have thought. I would love to hear Vampire Savior’s thoughts on this. One positive thing I would say is that Venditti never came off as an anti-John Stewart type of writer.
    Me? Uh...why?

Robert Venditti is a very poor writer. His pacing is slow as molasses. His stories are anti-climactic. His characterization is dull. His plots and concepts are bad (let me remind folks of the Emotional Reservoir). He's just bad. The best I can say about him is that he usually never does anything outrageously terrible...but, when I think about it...he does. Green Lanterns are destroying the universe every time they used their rings. WHAT!?!?!?!?

I know I say a lot of bad stuff. I wish I could say more positive things, but DC just doesn't really give me a lot of reason to a lot of the time. And if little ol' me can literally do a better job than them, there's no way I'm going to, you know, let their stuff slide.

I'm cautiously optimistic about his new team, the fact the covers have John's new ring gives me a small glimmer of hope they're gonna be able to be more mindful of his character. While Snyder played with the character a little, he was doing way too much with the DC universe that John got left with way too little.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I'm cautiously optimistic about his new team, the fact the covers have John's new ring gives me a small glimmer of hope they're gonna be able to be more mindful of his character. While Snyder played with the character a little, he was doing way too much with the DC universe that John got left with way too little.
    I wouldn’t count out this new creative team just yet. Freedom Fighters proves that Venditti does very well with teams. He wrote a good John Stewart as well. I just wish the roster didn’t pander to the cartoon crowd. The roster feels so....safe. Shake it up a bit.
    Last edited by Raijin; 11-16-2019 at 01:56 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

I never enjoyed Venditti's writing of John Stewart. I felt it was just...boring. Venditti never seemed to have anything to say with the character. Granted, he wrote him better than Geoff Johns did.

Also, John Stewart looks like he's got the head of a 60 to 70 year old man in that cover.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 11-16-2019 at 02:04 AM.

BANNED

Looks the same age as Supes. I love Art Adams.

BANNED

Would've been cool if Hitch and Millar did an Ultimates-style Justice League book back in the early 2000s.

A real summer blockbuster.