Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    If i learned anything from cape comics, it's that minorities on teams don't get any character development unless it's their own series. The only way i can see this being picked up is if either John or/and BL gets a series.
    Yea, if John does get a solo, this can be picked up. It just takes a writer that's really interested in developing the character and taking him to new heights. John needs a strong supporting cast and his own fictional city.

Justice Leauge #14 is out tomorrow. Hopefully we'll see some more developments on John's new power.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yea, if John does get a solo, this can be picked up. It just takes a writer that's really interested in developing the character and taking him to new heights. John needs a strong supporting cast and his own fictional city.
    I actually would like for John to stay in a real city, too many DC heroes are from fictional cities and countries. His biggest moments will usually be in space anyway considering he's a cosmic superhero, so I think it would be interesting for his domain on earth to be real to make it feel more grounded and tangible; like John himself.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-09-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I just read Justice League #15 and I really like the issue. I think I would have loved it if the art was better. It wasn't bad but it doesn't have the same gravity of Cheung and I do not know why they would lower the quality for the segments that are the main plot. That aside, I dig the direction of the story and we got some really cool John moments.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Loved John as the leader of the Darkstars!

It was a short-lived period for him, but we got some good stories that have unfortunately been completely swept under the rug. I would've loved to see Venditti spin John off into a new Darkstars series after HJ & The GLC ended.
    I'd love to see John reunited with Merayn Dethalis. Clearly, writers have forgotten all about her.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I actually would like for John to stay in a real city, too many DC heroes are from fictional cities and countries. His biggest moments will usually be in space anyway considering he's a cosmic superhero, so I think it would be interesting for his domain on earth to be real to make it feel more grounded and tangible; like John himself.
    I see what you mean. Yea, I prefer him to be in space.

I see what you mean. Yea, I prefer him to be in space.
    While I love cosmic stories and I'm John will be in many space faring adventures, I want to see him on earth for a while. John needs some serious character exploration.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    While I love cosmic stories and I'm John will be in many space faring adventures, I want to see him on earth for a while. John needs some serious character exploration.
    Don't get me wrong. I love him on Earth and I think that's where most of his development should be. But at the same time, it's rare to see a black cosmic superhero.

Don't get me wrong. I love him on Earth and I think that's where most of his development should be. But at the same time, it's rare to see a black cosmic superhero.
    Agree with this. I would like a little of both or if nothing else have him create, form, and maintain his own cast and/or life in Space. He could still be the primary GL on the Justice League but I think that space could be a niche that the other GL's could not match him with. (Which is incredibly ironic when you think about it.)

With John just recently being the Leader of the corps, his history as a Darkstar, and his former Marriage to an alien, the character is somewhat built for the stars.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-11-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

There is nothing saying John Stewart can't have character exploration while he is in outer space. The only thing of interest for John Stewart on Earth is the Justice League, and him being in space should not revoke his membership, in my opinion. The stories would just not need to be totally clear when they take place in relation to each other.

I don't have too much desire to see John on Earth but that doesn't mean you can't tell a good story with that paradigm.

I would be somewhat concerned about writers pushing identity politics into Earthbound John Stewart adventures however. Some of them would probably be like, "Oh I'm writing a black guy! Time to bring out the guns, bring out the gangs, bring out the police shootings, bring out Black Lives Matter, plan the trip to Africa 「this even happened in Christopher priest story」, and all of that. Heck, black lives matter even made an appearance last time John had his own story in that talent showcase thing. I'm just personally not interested in reading that, and there are writers out there who just wouldn't be able to help themselves. Having John in space minimizes all of that.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 01-10-2019 at 08:48 PM.

So I read the latest Justice League issue. This issue was much better than the first. You'll see more John Stewart action here. Scott Snyder has done a wonderful job on John Stewart's characterization. You can certainly see a big difference on how his characterization is handled, when compared to many other writers during the Johns' era. He has a sense of humor and comes off as a fun character. He doesn't come off as the over serious stoic type of character.

Mighty Member

I’d like to see John have some adventures on Earth. I mean he’s in space around alien beings for most of his time. It would be nice to go to Earth every once in a while and connect with humans for a bit.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I’d like to see John have some adventures on Earth. I mean he’s in space around alien beings for most of his time. It would be nice to go to Earth every once in a while and connect with humans for a bit.
    Yea, it's been a cool minute since John has been back on Earth. That's why I think the Justice League is probably one of the best things for the character at the moment.

Yea, it's been a cool minute since John has been back on Earth. That's why I think the Justice League is probably one of the best things for the character at the moment.
    Right! I think John being on and interacting with members of the Justice League is awesome. To me that is where most(not all) of his earth stuff should take place.

One of the best parts of being a Green Lantern is that he can be on the Justice League half the time and on the other side of Galaxy the other half. Their rings allow them to open warp gates/move at light speed/teleport making GL's one of the few characters that can get away with something like that. Only thing limiting him from that would be the writers.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Only thing limiting him from that would be the writers.
    That's been the case most of the time.