Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    where is John now? Is he mentoring "Teen Lantern" I'd like to see that.
    John is current in the 40s with the Justice Society, I think John would be a good mentor for the Teen Lantern but personally I'm bored of the mother hen role for John, I'd like to see him out doing his own thing. he doesn't have too many contemporary stories of his own of any real significance, I'd like to see more development for the character.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-13-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think the problem is crap like this can really hurt characters and the perception towards them in the long run. 40+ years ago someone had the bright idea to have Hank Pym strike Janet van Dyne and to this day Pym is primarily known for two things: being a wifebeater and creating a genocidal robot. This character is a founding Avenger and yet bad writing has made him a toxic character.
    Unfortunately you're right. But that's because we - fans and writers - hold on to this antiquated notion that the old stuff has to "count".

DC and Marvel's continuity used to be sacrosanct up until the 90s, maybe early 2000s. But not anymore. Now if something is not a useful element, or is downright bad, it'll be ignored.

Going back to my point - I think it's the authorial choices we should examine, in these cases. At least for the adults in the audience, we have to recognize that fictional characters don't make choices.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    John is current in the 40s with the Justice Society, I think John would be a good mentor for the Teen Lantern but personally I'm bored of the mother hen role for John, I'd like to see him out doing his own thing. he doesn't have too many contemporary stories of his own stories of significance, I'd like to see more development for the character.

I agree totally. I guess it's nice to see John mentoring someone, but that's not really what I'm looking for as a fan. And I personally have no interest in reading that just because he's mentoring someone. I'm looking for a book starring the character and give him some developments. I have not bought anything from DC at all, other than the Justice League. Their comics has not really interest me so far.

BANNED

JJ Abrams may direct a Justice League reboot or Green Lantern Corps. WB really wants him to do Justice League, probably so they can sell more toys.

He's done a good job with handling black characters so far, even producing a black-led spy show a while back called Undercovers. This could be good for John. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-14-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Phil LaMarr is reprising his role as John Stewart in Superman: Red Son.
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/09/19/...st-look-image/

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    JJ Abrams may direct a Justice League reboot or Green Lantern Corps. WB really wants him to do Justice League, probably so they can sell more toys.
    wevegotthiscovered is not a reliable source.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

He's done a good job with handling black characters so far, even producing a black-led spy show a while back called Undercovers. This could be good for John. Fingers crossed.

Lol have seen Star Wars The Force Awakens, he’s responsible for promoting Finn with a lightsaber in order to hide who the real Jedi was, Rey. Finn turned out to be a bumbling stumbling clown janitor who can’t do anything except get beat up and saved by everyone. JJ was behind all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Lol have seen Star Wars The Force Awakens, he’s responsible for promoting Finn with a lightsaber in order to hide who the real Jedi was, Rey. Finn turned out to be a bumbling stumbling clown janitor who can’t do anything except get beat up and saved by everyone. JJ was behind all that.
    Dangit man, I had just calmed down about that after fuming about it for a couple days.

BANNED

Yeah, Finn is a terrible character. I initially thought he was okay because he was on a character arc. I figured he would start out as something (a bumbler and a stumbler and general coward), and hopefully end up as something else (preferably a cool Jedi). I was dead wrong. The character's only arc is to go from running away from the First Order to standing up to them with The Resistance. I was a lot more naive when I first saw The Force Awakens. I would probably see through that now, just like I realized relatively early on John Stewart would be essentially worthless in Snyder's Justice League run. I've been led along on a string too many times and had my time and investment wasted too many times. Eventually you start seeing it coming in the early stages. I tried to warn people, but they wouldn't listen to me

All that said, I think John Boyega is a brilliant and extremely charismatic actor and is the only saving grace of the Finn character.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 09-19-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Phil LaMarr is reprising his role as John Stewart in Superman: Red Son.
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/09/19/...st-look-image/
    Is this the first time he's reprised John in something animated since JLU?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    Finn was used to take the hate from certain fandoms instead of it hitting Rey.

And he mirrored John Stewart.

There has been 2 one shot comics starring Finn with the same storyline. Rey has stuff all about her. Poe had a 3 year comic book run. Rose and even PAIGE got stories about them.

Like Vampire said-John Boyega is the saving grace for Finn.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this the first time he's reprised John in something animated since JLU?
    No. He was the voice actor in Injustice 2.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Yeah, Finn is a terrible character. I initially thought he was okay because he was on a character arc. I figured he would start out as something (a bumbler and a stumbler and general coward), and hopefully end up as something else (preferably a cool Jedi). I was dead wrong. The character's only arc is to go from running away from the First Order to standing up to them with The Resistance. I was a lot more naive when I first saw The Force Awakens. I would probably see through that now, just like I realized relatively early on John Stewart would be essentially worthless in Snyder's Justice League run. I've been led along on a string too many times and had my time and investment wasted too many times. Eventually you start seeing it coming in the early stages. I tried to warn people, but they wouldn't listen to me

All that said, I think John Boyega is a brilliant and extremely charismatic actor and is the only saving grace of the Finn character.
    I was willing to give them the benefit of doubt especially since the Force Awakens was one in a whole trilogy. But after watching the Last Jedi and Rise Of Skywalker trailer as well as other mediums involving the character I think he’s just a token. Nothing special or unique about him, he doesn’t bring anything to Star Wars except being a black lead.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Finn was used to take the hate from certain fandoms instead of it hitting Rey.

And he mirrored John Stewart.

There has been 2 one shot comics starring Finn with the same storyline. Rey has stuff all about her. Poe had a 3 year comic book run. Rose and even PAIGE got stories about them.

Like Vampire said-John Boyega is the saving grace for Finn.
    How did he mirror John Stewart??