Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    BANNED

the face of John Stewart fans by putting Hawkgirl with Martianhunter WHILE John Stewart was right there with them while it happened, and WHILE Shayera was standing right there, I knew it was over for him. For John Stewart to walk away completely asexual after a situation like that, and thus lacking any interesting opportunities for character interaction and development, sealed the deal, and I knew there was no hope for him. it sounds silly, but it was true
    Speak for yourself buddy some of us John fans prefer hawkgirl with hawkman and anyway the best John love interest in my opinion is katama(may she one day return)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Speak for yourself buddy some of us John fans prefer hawkgirl with hawkman and anyway the best John love interest in my opinion is katama(may she one day return)
    Her name is "Katma."

Behold, all, the greatest of John Stewart fans stands before us!

Yea pretty much,Probably just delusional wish thinking of john stewart fans to make him the main green lantern,man they should wake up and realize Hal has been the face of the franchise for a Decade already.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...iation/page123

hope DC won't kill Kyle,wish it was John Stewart insted
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation/page12

I could find a lot more, but I don't feel like investing the time. The point is, you may be able to fool some people with your fraudulent nonsense, but don't think you can pull that on me. If you would like to converse with me, then at least be real. I won't waste time with someone totally disingenuous.

BANNED

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Her name is "Katma."

Behold, all, the greatest of John Stewart fans stands before us!
    My bad on that,phone auto correction

Yea pretty much,Probably just delusional wish thinking of john stewart fans to make him the main green lantern,man they should wake up and realize Hal has been the face of the franchise for a Decade already.
    Well sorry that facts and years of this happening insult you

If I'm going to choose between Kyle and John then John will die and you can be a fan of multiple GL's and be able to choose between them
    I could find a lot more, but I don't feel like investing the time. The point is, you may be able to fool some people with your fraudulent nonsense, but don't think you can pull that on me. If you would like to converse with me, then at least be real. I won't waste time with someone totally disingenuous.

Cute it's fun to know I'm leaving in your head rental free buddy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Cute it's fun to know I'm leaving in your head rental free buddy
    You're not. It's just you're extremely transparent and you leave quite a paper trail. But I'm not going to waste time indulging you further than this. so take care, and try being more honest in your conversations with others.

Mighty Member

I actually think John has been fairing pretty well focus-wise. Each arc has been centered around a different character or characters, and John got to go first, so they have literally everyone else to get through before. The Totality was John-centric, Drowned Earth was Aquaman-centric, the Thanagar arc focused on Kendra and J'onn, and now The Sixth Dimension centers around Superman. It's pretty well balanced, so I'm sure John will get his turn in the spotlight again soon.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I must admit that my enthusiasm for Snyder's handling of John has dimmed the longer his run has gone on, particularly after the creative misfire that was Drowned Earth and the Thanagarian arc, in which nothing of interest has been done with the character.

Granted, Snyder course-corrected admirably with Superman after fumbling with him in Metal, so maybe Snyder will do the same with John.
    Yea, if there's going to be some kind of rotation still going around after this arc, then I'm confident that Snyder will do the same with John.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I agree, John especially because unlike the Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman who have titles that can further the developments from Justice League, Justice League is John's primary book right now. It's weird that, considering all the major changes DC does trying to reintroduce and restore old continuity, they are surprisingly lax about basic individual character continuity. The Cyborg thing in particular really perplexes me and, if Year of the Villain #1 is any indication, the John physiology thing might end up that way too. However, I feel it's partially because Snyder hasn't fully fleshed it out that other creators don't think about it. I love Snyder tho and if Metal is any indicator he'll definitely give each member a chance to showout whenever he gets to where he's going, my worry is will the damage be done by then; in the sense that no one will care by then or it'll be disappointingly easy to ignore.
    Agreed. I just feel like why leave developments unfinished? If we don't get any answers for why John's power is acting internally, then that could be bad mismanagement on the character. I also wished that these interviewers will ask Scott Snyder about John Stewart. Those video interviews are 20+ minutes long. Can't see why they can't slip in that easy question to him. I wished for someone to ask him about it on twitter.

Probably what bothered me the most about what Scott Snyder said in one of his interviews was about the Justice League series is being mainly about Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter. It should also mainly be about John Stewart as well, since DC refuses to give him an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I actually think John has been fairing pretty well focus-wise. Each arc has been centered around a different character or characters, and John got to go first, so they have literally everyone else to get through before. The Totality was John-centric, Drowned Earth was Aquaman-centric, the Thanagar arc focused on Kendra and J'onn, and now The Sixth Dimension centers around Superman. It's pretty well balanced, so I'm sure John will get his turn in the spotlight again soon.
    I don't think John is being treated bad focus-wise. The problem that I have is that we still didn't get any answers on why John no longer as a power ring, but a tattoo of a power ring printed on him. The Thanagar arc was complete misleading. And Scott Snyder pairing Hawkgirl with Martian Mahunter really pissed me off, despite fans on twitter advocating on Hawkgirl being with Green Lantern John Stewart. That was a popular relationship and Scott Snyder has a chance to bring something many fans (like myself) thought it was not possible back. I do not want this character to become asexual. But I do like it that Scott Snyder focuses on each character on story arcs. If John gets his turn back in the spotlight (which I'm really hoping for), then I'm more than sure we'll get some answers that left unquestioned from the Thanagar arc.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't think John is being treated bad focus-wise. The problem that I have is that we still didn't get any answers on why John no longer as a power ring, but a tattoo of a power ring printed on him. The Thanagar arc was complete misleading. And Scott Snyder pairing Hawkgirl with Martian Mahunter really pissed me off, despite fans on twitter advocating on Hawkgirl being with Green Lantern John Stewart. That was a popular relationship and Scott Snyder has a chance to bring something many fans (like myself) thought it was not possible back. I do not want this character to become asexual. But I do like it that Scott Snyder focuses on each character on story arcs. If John gets his turn back in the spotlight (which I'm really hoping for), then I'm more than sure we'll get some answers that left unquestioned from the Thanagar arc.
    Personally, the pairing doesn't bother me simply because Kendra isn't Shayera. If this Hawkgirl were Shayera, I'd be wanting her to get with John, but as it stands I don't mind them trying something new. And I think John not having a romance with one of the two women on the team doesn't translate to him being asexual. That seems like an overreaction. I'm sure answers about the ring are coming. Just a question of when.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Personally, the pairing doesn't bother me simply because Kendra isn't Shayera. If this Hawkgirl were Shayera, I'd be wanting her to get with John, but as it stands I don't mind them trying something new. And I think John not having a romance with one of the two women on the team doesn't translate to him being asexual. That seems like an overreaction. I'm sure answers about the ring are coming. Just a question of when.
    Unfortunately many black characters become asexual. So it's not hard to come up with that speculation. And whatever happened to Shayera Hol? I haven't seen her since the annual. Is she appearing in other issues? I would love for John to get paired with her. Hopefully the answers will come. Maybe us John fans are being too anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Unfortunately many black characters become asexual. So it's not hard to come up with that speculation. And whatever happened to Shayera Hol? I haven't seen her since the annual. Is she appearing in other issues? I would love for John to get paired with her. Hopefully the answers will come. Maybe us John fans are being too anxious.
    Shayera is still around, i believe she brought the Thanagar fleet to helping out with the Source Wall when Starman and Hawkgirl tried to repair it. Iunno, while I was camping for the Hawkgirl/John pairing, after the letdown of Snyder opting for J'onn and Kendra I'm not holding my breath for him to end up with Shayera. I would've preferred he be with Kendra because them being on the same team means we'd get to see that relationship bloom, plus I like her design better. Pairing John with Shayera (while I wouldn't mind if them ended together) seems unlikely because it would be antithetical to Snyder's whole philosophy of trying new stuff; which is why he paired Kendra with J'onn in the first place. As for John's focus, I think we are being a bit anxious simply because it's a pretty big cast and John is in a uniquely disadvantageous position. So when he's not doing anything or we don't have answers for him, it's especially excruciating waiting for him to rotate back into focus. However, as I said before, I do think Snyder will eventually let everyone shine once he's done setting up and starts getting to where he wants to go.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Spectacular Member

I say bring Katma back, tbh wasn't really a fan of his relation ship with Shayera on the show. P"luis they could always bring Katma back with a wave of the hand. How many other characters have died and come back to life? Let my man John have his wife back.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Snyder went out of his way to not simply merge Kendra and Shayera, which seemed like a perfect way of doing John/Shayera without screwing with the Hawkman/Hawkgirl romance, because Shayera is now an independent character with her own destiny, free of all the reincarnation stuff.

And yet he didn't even bother having John and Shayera do much of anything. Did they even have a one on one conversation? I'm kinda baffled by the thinking here.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    I say bring Katma back, tbh wasn't really a fan of his relation ship with Shayera on the show. P"luis they could always bring Katma back with a wave of the hand. How many other characters have died and come back to life? Let my man John have his wife back.
    Mosaic set up Katma's return perfectly, and then Emerald Twilight tossed it all in the garbage can, along with the rest of the GL mythos.

Spectacular Member

Someone said to me elsewhere that Brian Azzarello wanted to do an All Star Green Lantern run with John as the lead. Is there any proof of this? Because that'd be a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    Someone said to me elsewhere that Brian Azzarello wanted to do an All Star Green Lantern run with John as the lead. Is there any proof of this? Because that'd be a great read.
    It came from this book: Modern Masters Volume 29: Cliff Chiang

Halfway through Greendale, Azz and I started making plans again. First we talked about All-Star Green Lantern featuring John Stewart, but that was part of a larger project that went away.
    This happened during the Geoff Johns' era. So it's not surprising it fell through.