Page 98 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Until proven otherwise, I'm choosing to believe Geoff Johns has some mental and perhaps even physical block when it comes to writing John Stewart in a worthwhile capacity that portrays him in a positive light, and that does not involve the character blowing up planets and being depressed. I just don't know if he is capable of that at all, especially after that Darkseid War nonsense.

I don't think he would ever portray him in a positive light. He may promote some material making it seem like he's doing so (like he done in the past), but he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I haven't been a fan of Finn's character in the SW sequels. He seems… useless. Although Rise of Skywalker is supposed to be exploring his side more, the damage from TLJ has been done on me and I won't be seeing Rise of Skywalker in theaters unless something compelling changes my mind. I'll wait until it releases on streaming, which is what I did for TLJ.

Anyway, I have some concerns that John Stewart won't get the spotlight he deserves in a Johns script and seeing how Finn has been in the Star Wars movies just has me tepid if Abrams is running things.
    I'm tired of the extreme focus on Hal when the fandom has been proving there is plenty of demand for the rest of the GLC and particularly for John and even Guy.
    Same here, I have no interest in watching TLJ. I've seen the first two films in theater and I have no plans to watch the final film

I agree.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I don't really get that green sash around Mera.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really get that green sash around Mera.
    they'd been using that when she got pregnant, I think it's supposed to hide the pregnancy from the Atlantian public in the wake of Arthur's disappearance and her being pressured to marry.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    they'd been using that when she got pregnant, I think it's supposed to hide the pregnancy from the Atlantian public in the wake of Arthur's disappearance and her being pressured to marry.
    Ah, that makes sense. Basically the equivalent of women wearing baggy clothing on set to hide their pregnancies.

BANNED

John's irises should be green. Otherwise, cool image.

That covers looks really good. I agree that John's eye's should be green there

What's everyone thoughts about John appearing in Green Lantern Earth One vol. 2? It sounds like no one is hyped here.

Hal Jordan and John Stewart must team up to save the last Green Lantern Guardian from an evil force!

Manhunters, alien races, rings of power–it’s a lot for the people of Earth to absorb. Especially when an interplanetary incident forces their protector, Hal Jordan, to leave on a rescue mission that results in the discovery that there’s a new player in the galaxy: Yellow Lanterns!

While they seem a benign force for peace, Jordan can’t get comfortable with how much power they wield, or their bizarre, lockstep behavior. When fellow Earthling John Stewart ends up with a yellow ring, he and Hal must work together to confront the being who destroyed the original Green Lantern Corps–the last surviving Guardian.

Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman feature two of the most famous DC characters, Hal Jordan and John Stewart, like you’ve never seen them before!
    From Bleeding Cool.

Does anyone think John would get equal or nearly equal treatment? Or is what's being said here is as misleading as Tom King's one-shot run?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    What's everyone thoughts about John appearing in Green Lantern Earth One vol. 2? It sounds like no one is hyped here.

From Bleeding Cool.

Does anyone think John would get equal or nearly equal treatment? Or is what's being said here is as misleading as Tom King's one-shot run?
    I'm actually very excited for this. I really enjoyed Green Lantern Earth One and the idea of having John be in a different Corps is a smart way to give him creative distance from Hal. I hope they portray him well, which they should considering the quality of the last volume.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

maaaan, what I wouldn't give for a Jorge Jimenez drawn John story! I'll more than probably will never see that but the guy does an exceedingly dope John.

currently following:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

From Bleeding Cool.

PASS. John has the yellow ring. Let me guess the ring takes over and Hal saves him. Been there and done that. Until proven wrong-PASS.

We got enough black males being deconstructed around here-especially the ones with a billion dollar movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    PASS. John has the yellow ring. Let me guess the ring takes over and Hal saves him. Been there and done that. Until proven wrong-PASS.

We got enough black males being deconstructed around here-especially the ones with a billion dollar movie.
    Exactly-- Yellow ring and second fiddle are auto-fails.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

maaaan, what I wouldn't give for a Jorge Jimenez drawn John story! I'll more than probably will never see that but the guy does an exceedingly dope John.
    That is a very inspiring image.

so is John on a deep(er) space mission? what's his role with Jessica and Simon primarily on Earth's galaxy?