Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1328
  1. #1231
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    No. He was the voice actor in Injustice 2.
    I think Frontier was referring to animation in particular, rather than video games or other outside media formats. If so, that's indeed the first time he's reprised the role in animation since the DCAU ended. And perhaps the first time we'll see John and Hal actually interact in animation. I don't count Young Justice since Hal never has any lines there.

  2. #1232
    Astonishing Member Sodam Yat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Daxam
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think Frontier was referring to animation in particular, rather than video games or other outside media formats. If so, that's indeed the first time he's reprised the role in animation since the DCAU ended. And perhaps the first time we'll see John and Hal actually interact in animation. I don't count Young Justice since Hal never has any lines there.
    Oh! Ok for sure. Yea, I think this is the first time Phil Lamar reprising his role as John Stewart since the Justice League cartoon. I'm looking forward to this animation. Hopefully there would be at least decent roles for the characters in this animation.

  3. #1233
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think Frontier was referring to animation in particular, rather than video games or other outside media formats. If so, that's indeed the first time he's reprised the role in animation since the DCAU ended. And perhaps the first time we'll see John and Hal actually interact in animation. I don't count Young Justice since Hal never has any lines there.
    I just feel like I have to mention the plan for John to show up in G:TAS season 3, voiced by LaMarr .

  4. #1234
    Astonishing Member Sodam Yat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Daxam
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Would be nice to see Phil Lamarr saying the oath in Red Son. No one says the oath as good as him

  5. #1235
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just feel like I have to mention the plan for John to show up in G:TAS season 3, voiced by LaMarr .
    I'm feeling bittersweet with that information.

  6. #1236
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,803

    Default

    Ja?

    Nein?

    Maybe?


  7. #1237
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Ja?

    Nein?

    Maybe?

    dope poster, although Lance Gross wouldn't be my first choice. personally my first choice, for a well rounded John, would be Trevante Rhodes from Moonlight, Predator, and Bird Box


    my second choice would be Marque Richardson from Dear White People for a more cerebral "woke" thinker kind of John


    Y'lan Noel from the First Purge is up there too as my third. Lance would probably be like my 4th or 5th pick. oh and the obligatory Michael B. Jordan for everything ever always.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-20-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, X-Men (2019), Venom, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

  8. #1238
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Would be nice to see Phil Lamarr saying the oath in Red Son. No one says the oath as good as him
    I'd put Diane Guerrero and Josh Keaton up there as well .

  9. #1239
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    dope poster, although Lance Gross wouldn't be my first choice. personally my first choice, for a well rounded John, would be Trevante Rhodes from Moonlight, Predator, and Bird Box


    my second choice would be Marque Richardson from Dear White People for a more cerebral "woke" thinker kind of John


    Y'lan Noel from the First Purge is up there too as my third. Lance would probably be like my 4th or 5th pick. oh and the obligatory Michael B. Jordan for everything ever always.
    I liked the poster, but I'm not sure if Lance is the right actor to play John.

    I do feel Trevante Rhodes would be the best choice.

    Outside the MCU, I don't really follow modern films. It is good to see that a lot of young, black actors are still available.

  10. #1240
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    What the heck is a Svengoolie? John is the GL in the upcoming JLA/Svengoolie mash:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47015-sven...s-dc-line.html

  11. #1241
    Astonishing Member Sodam Yat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Daxam
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What the heck is a Svengoolie? John is the GL in the upcoming JLA/Svengoolie mash:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47015-sven...s-dc-line.html
    It's nice to see John being used as the Green Lantern in the Justice League in other comics. I would say Scott Snyder putting John in the Justice League benefit the character.

  12. #1242
    Mighty Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What the heck is a Svengoolie? John is the GL in the upcoming JLA/Svengoolie mash:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47015-sven...s-dc-line.html
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svengoolie

    If I'm not mistaken, Svengoolie's been around since the 1980's, in one form or another.

    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-21-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    Blue Marvel - Man of Marvels
    Storm - Goddess of the Elements
    Black Panther - King of Wakanda/King of the Dead
    Vixen - Queen of the Red

  13. #1243
    Spectacular Member Cosmic Emerald 23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    239

    Default


    I thought this was pretty funny

  14. #1244
    Spectacular Member Cosmic Emerald 23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    239

    Default

    What do you guys think of this suit as a possible redesign inspiration? I actually think it'd be cool, just make the gloves white and make the eyes glow bright neon green.

    NewGL.JPG

    Can't find the original artist at the moment but they did a pretty good job here.

  15. #1245
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    1,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    What do you guys think of this suit as a possible redesign inspiration? I actually think it'd be cool, just make the gloves white and make the eyes glow bright neon green.

    NewGL.JPG

    Can't find the original artist at the moment but they did a pretty good job here.
    This is a cool design, if he was kept barehanded (maybe just swap the gloves for his usual cuffs) I could live with this design, but i prefer his current costume over this one; due mainly to the simplicity.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham (respect thread)
    John Stewart is my Lantern.
    Naomi was great, pass it on...
    DC: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Doomsday Clock
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, Ironheart, X-Men (2019), Venom, Avengers
    Anticipated titles: Far Sector, Love Army*, The Other History of DC*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •