Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah...I think that's a tough question.

I think it would probably depend on (1) what role John has in the movie, (2) what kind of story they're telling, and (3) the actor.
    Hmm ok let's say these are your parameters

(Just a photo I saw floating around, I don't think (or know if) this is real tho)

Casting, let's narrow it down between the two main names I've been hearing; Trevante Rhodes and Michael B. Jordan.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    It's unfortunate but I guess it's the best we can hope for, for now; which I hate to say. I may have to manage my expectations, I don't think there is going to be enough space for John to get more than this pace of development in Snyder's overall epic. Which is why we need some kind of John solo material. Everyone has their own book to freely develop in except the space trinity (John, MM, and Hawkgirl) and considering Snyder himself says that Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl are the central players for his run, that leaves John the only one left in the fringes. That's not to say that when Snyder does get to him he doesn't do a good job with John, but there just isn't enough room to give him the same kind of spotlight as everyone else in the greater sense. I don't want John (despite Snyder's intentions) to end up become the doormat/wallpaper that Cyborg was when he was on the team.
    I would say that John Stewart was the character, who got the development at the start of the series, along with Barry Allen. Then it was Aquaman and Wonder Woman, and now Martian Manhuner and Hawkgirl. It's not really surprising that John didn't get as much focus as we wanted this time. Scott Snyder did say that he wants every 2 characters to get some focus on each arcs. I highly doubt John is going to end up like Cyborg in this series. He also said that John, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter are the trinity of the series, so maybe we'll see more things happen with them in the future. And you're absolutely right that there isn't enough space for John at the moment. What we can hope for is once every character gets focus on the story arcs, John gets the focus again. But it would be better for there to be a John Stewart book that explains what's going on with his new found powers. Hawkgirl and John Stewart are the only characters on the team, who don't have their books. They more than deserve one, since they have a fanbase that seems to be growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    We will have to wait and see where Snyder and Tynion are going with Shayera. She appears villainous now, but there is obviously strangeness afoot. Maybe that old Martian they keep captive on Thanagar is the real evil. We will see.
    She's not a villain, she just wanted to use the Martian Keep to restore Thanagar. And it's been revealed that Karter wasn't a real person. So she's currently not married.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 01-25-2019 at 03:48 AM.

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 2.33.55 AM.jpg

DC Comics really needs to update their character profiles. There's no excuses whatsoever on why John Stewart doesn't have his own avatar here. He's on the main Justice League for crying out loud. It's beyond annoying. DC makes it look like John hardly has any fans or something. Hal Jordan is the only character, who has an avatar. It's beyond ridiculous on how DC is holding back other GL characters and only allowing for one GL character to have an avatar. This is also one of the reasons why there's not as much of a big support for the GL franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Hmm ok let's say these are your parameters

(Just a photo I saw floating around, I don't think (or know if) this is real tho)

Casting, let's narrow it down between the two main names I've been hearing; Trevante Rhodes and Michael B. Jordan.
    It's real, but it's an old casting sheet from a few years ago before Johns was hired to write a new script from scratch by himself. Berg and Goyer are both out of the picture now, so who knows how much weight this still holds.

As for me, it's Rhodes. I like MBJ, but Trevante needs a role like that more than him. MBJ is already an established actor starring in billion dollar films, Trevante should get a chance to shine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    As for me, it's Rhodes. I like MBJ, but Trevante needs a role like that more than him. MBJ is already an established actor starring in billion dollar films, Trevante should get a chance to shine.
    I'd rather see Rhodes play John Stewart, too. I really think MBJ would shine as Bronze Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'd rather see Rhodes play John Stewart, too. I really think MBJ would shine as Bronze Tiger.
    Trevante Rhodes would be the best candidate for the role, imo. He's even one of the 6-7 actors, who wants to play the John Stewart character.

I loved his role in Bird Box, btw.

It's real, but it's an old casting sheet from a few years ago before Johns was hired to write a new script from scratch by himself. Berg and Goyer are both out of the picture now, so who knows how much weight this still holds.
    Wait a minute, so the lead characters in the film were perceived by WB and not Geoff Johns? Or was it Geoff Johns' idea on which characters are going to be in the film?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Wait a minute, so the lead characters in the film were perceived by WB and not Geoff Johns? Or was it Geoff Johns' idea on which characters are going to be in the film?
    Well, Johns was still involved at the time, I just think it was in a smaller capacity. He had basically the same role as the one he had in Aquaman, as an executive producer and co-plotter of the story. Now he's writing the whole thing all by himself and also producing. So I think it was probably both. WB perhaps requested the lead characters, while Johns and the other producers imagined how they were going to be used in the movie. I'm not sure if it's still like that now, though the movie is still expected to have Hal and John as the main characters.

Well, Johns was still involved at the time, I just think it was in a smaller capacity. He had basically the same role as the one he had in Aquaman, as an executive producer and co-plotter of the story. Now he's writing the whole thing all by himself and also producing. So I think it was probably both. WB perhaps requested the lead characters, while Johns and the other producers imagined how they were going to be used in the movie. I'm not sure if it's still like that now, though the movie is still expected to have Hal and John as the main characters.
    Okay cool! Thanks, Johnny

Hey @lemonpeace, my apologies, now I see what you're talking about. I just read the latest Scott Snyder interview at DC Comics. I had no idea Scott Snyder said that Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl are the central players on the series.

I could understand this if John had a solo maxi series or something, but this isn't real good news for the character here. Hopefully DC doesn't hold back and do something and not just play around with John fans

From Justice League Annual

Hahahah

It was weird seeing Shayera and John in the same space in a comic book; makes you almost go.. hey that's nostal- er, oops, wrong continuity!

But um, this Justice League run is "aight". I didn't like how buddy seemingly ignored John's character development from his GOAT solo run (aka jensen's corps book) from 2013 (and cotdamn time flies...) but it hasn't been bad appearances either. Just a shitload of end-of-the-world mumbo jumbo with a shitton of action and characters thrown in there for good measure, with jonnz seemingly the central figure. Just kinda threadin water i suppose..

That Trevante guy is definitely fit to play some black superhero in a DC or Marvel film. One of 'em better scoop him up, unless he's already been scooped up and just can't say nuthin yet.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Hahahah

It was weird seeing Shayera and John in the same space in a comic book; makes you almost go.. hey that's nostal- er, oops, wrong continuity!

But um, this Justice League run is "aight". I didn't like how buddy seemingly ignored John's character development from his GOAT solo run (aka jensen's corps book) from 2013 (and cotdamn time flies...) but it hasn't been bad appearances either. Just a shitload of end-of-the-world mumbo jumbo with a shitton of action and characters thrown in there for good measure, with jonnz seemingly the central figure. Just kinda threadin water i suppose..

That Trevante guy is definitely fit to play some black superhero in a DC or Marvel film. One of 'em better scoop him up, unless he's already been scooped up and just can't say nuthin yet.
    I believe J'onn Jonz and Kendra are going to be the central figures of the Justice League as what Scott Snyder said in a recent interview. That's one of the reasons why we're all advocating that John needs to have a solo, even a mini or maxi series would be fine. We need answers on John's powers already! lol. Although he seemingly ignored Van Jensen's run (he probably hasn't read Jensen's run), but the character was written really good under Scott Snyder. The stories that was focused with John Stewart is more character driven, than plot driven. Something that he was really lacking previously.

Anyways, it's good to see you FINALLY back on the John Stewart appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I believe J'onn Jonz and Kendra are going to be the central figures of the Justice League as what Scott Snyder said in a recent interview. That's one of the reasons why we're all advocating that John needs to have a solo, even a mini or maxi series would be fine. We need answers on John's powers already! lol. Although he seemingly ignored Van Jensen's run (he probably hasn't read Jensen's run), but the character was written really good under Scott Snyder. The stories that was focused with John Stewart is more character driven, than plot driven. Something that he was really lacking previously.

Anyways, it's good to see you FINALLY back on the John Stewart appreciation thread!
    Thank you brother Sodam! It's been waaay too long.

But throughout I kept my ear to the ground for Stewart news, and it's been largely disappointing tbh. Just feels kind of stagnate. Or like it's gone backwards from John since that Jensen/Bunn era where he was really coming into his own with strong lead stories.

It's really cool that he got the Justice League roster spot but, as you and others likely mentioned, that can't be his only outlet for stories... not when he's not the focus.

Absolutely needs a solo book, or a quasi-solo like Jensen's GLC run.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13