Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1538
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Fans don't hate it. It's WHO Is going to do that WORK? Dick became Nightwing and had not only Teen Titans, Batman, his own book, Outsiders and outside media sell him as Nightwing more than Robin. Same with Carol Danvers. Same with Miles & Khan. Heck same with Spider-Gwen.
    Who is going to invest that time? Knowing you got folks who want him GONE.
    Well, at least SecretWarrior seems to hate it.

Personally, I'd be totally open to John Stewart doing something else other than Green Lantern if it is...you know...actually good. To tell you the truth, I'd welcome it. John Stewart isn't getting anywhere as Green Lantern. For the last 30 years or something like that, the only time he wasn't damn boring was in cartoons. It'd be interesting to see a mythology tailored more to him instead of him just being a throw away character in Hal Jordan's world. Then John Stewart would have his own niche and hopefully something worthwhile to offer the DC Universe. As it is now, he doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 12-14-2019 at 10:45 PM.

BANNED

Because Kyle fans accepted less, they sent a signal that his secondary role was sufficient. His popularity has continued to diminish since
    We didn't send any signals DC mistreated Kyle ever since the 2000s out of all the lanterns he gets treated the worst and he's the most neglected despite having huge fan base while he never appeared in any outside media to boost his popularity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    In an elseworld story, a yellow lantern is making his debut, of course I expect him to be Sinestro, just like you expect to see a Green Lantern John. He is the first harnesser of the yellow light of fear and the greatest yellow lantern.
    I'm very disappointed and I think using his power to prop up John is the neglect of alien race and disrespect of irrefutably the most notable Green Lantern villain.

BTW, I think you haven't realized, if Hardman really wants to move John out of the way, he could just keep him out of his book. Maybe you won't be so angry about it.
    Yes, Sinestro should have a yellow ring, and John shouldn't be in the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

Personally, I'd be totally open to John Stewart doing something else other than Green Lantern if it is...you know...actually good. To tell you the truth, I'd welcome it. John Stewart isn't getting anywhere as Green Lantern. For the last 30 years or something like that, the only time he wasn't damn boring was in cartoons. It'd be interesting to see a mythology tailored more to him instead of him just being a throw away character in Hal Jordan's world. Then John Stewart would have his own niche and hopefully something worthwhile to offer the DC Universe. As it is now, he doesn't matter.
    Anyone reading this thread can see you trying to undermine this character any chance you get. Your thoughts on DC's black characters in general and your thoughts on their romantic and sexual relationships are plastered throughout these boards. You'd like to see John demoted into a secondary place-- and maybe even into irrelevancy. Probably because you've become jaded or maybe to peddle your book. Just because you're trying to present another view as equal, doesn't mean it is. People are Green Lantern John Stewart fans. Not John Stewart fans. Go try to convince Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman fans that Clark, Bruce, and Diana should adopt other identities like Captain Steel, Bat Knight, and Eagle Woman. Let's see how well Barry Allen or Wally West sell with an identity like Speed Sentinel. We've already seen GL John outsell WL Kyle and RL Guy.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-15-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Being on JL is pretty good if you ask me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Anyone reading this thread can see you trying to undermine this character any chance you get. Your thoughts on DC's black characters in general and your thoughts on their romantic and sexual relationships are plastered throughout these boards. You'd like to see John demoted into a secondary place-- and maybe even into irrelevancy. Probably because you've become jaded or maybe to peddle your book. Just because you're trying to present another view as equal, doesn't mean it is. People are Green Lantern John Stewart fans. Not John Stewart fans. Go try to convince Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman fans that Clark, Bruce, and Diana should adopt other identities like Captain Steel, Bat Knight, and Eagle Woman. Let's see how well Barry Allen or Wally West sell with an identity like Speed Sentinel. We've already seen GL John outsell WL Kyle and RL Guy.
    This is the second time you've said this and I still don't know what you're talking about. What is my book and how am I peddling it? I've not said anything about any book in any post I've made here. Or is this some kind of phrase that I'm unaware of?

So, now we've gone from forming conspiracy theories about how DC and various creators want to undermine John Stewart to how other posters want to clandestinely undermine him. That's interesting.

Actually, skyvolt2000 was right. In my discussions, YOU seem to be the only one who is so adamantly against John Stewart doing something else. I can tell it's literally an emotional trigger for you to see people talking about that possibility. Well, I'm not going to accommodate you, because you're the one being irrational. Just because that idea sends you into a fit doesn't mean other people shouldn't discuss it. You can just not join the discussion or politely say your peace and leave it at that. Not jump down people's throats.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 12-15-2019 at 11:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Being on JL is pretty good if you ask me.
    Pretty good on paper, but the character actually hasn't benefited much at all from being in that title.

Well since you hate it, I do hope they can return the yellow ring to Sinestro anyway and one day maybe John won't need to borrow things from other characters to build up.
    Wow, I didn't expect to actually agree with you for once.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Seriously at least John gets used in outside canon and media I don't know why but DC keeps ignoring Kyle and constantly keep him out of Lanterns crossovers,shows, video games and outside media it's sad that only Hal John and Jessica seems to get any treatment while Kyle Guy and even Baz are getting neglected.
    I do think that Kyle doesn't shine as much when it comes to outside media, when compared to John Stewart. But that reasoning has to do with John Stewart being a successful character from the JL cartoons. With that said, Kyle and Guy should get treated better, but that's what happens when you keep creating a bunch of new Green Lantern characters constantly on a franchise that isn't all that valuable, compared to big names out there. The writers are to blame for that.

Guy at least has the Batman: Brave and the Bold cartoon. He was the most frequently seen GL on that show. From what I understand the latest season of YJ has also done well with Guy. I wouldn't mind if the rumors about Kyle being the main character in the GL HBO show turn out to be true. The guy should finally get a chance to shine.

BANNED

This is the second time you've said this and I still don't know what you're talking about. What is my book and how am I peddling it? I've not said anything about any book in any post I've made here. Or is this some kind of phrase that I'm unaware of?

So, now we've gone from forming conspiracy theories about how DC and various creators want to undermine John Stewart to how other posters want to clandestinely undermine him. That's interesting.

Actually, skyvolt2000 was right. In my discussions, YOU seem to be the only one who is so adamantly against John Stewart doing something else. I can tell it's literally an emotional trigger for you to see people talking about that possibility. Well, I'm not going to accommodate you, because you're the one being irrational. Just because that idea sends you into a fit doesn't mean other people shouldn't discuss it. You can just not join the discussion or politely say your peace and leave it at that. Not jump down people's throats.
    Hilarious-- Keep trying to destroy the John Stewart character so you can try to sell your alternative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I do think that Kyle doesn't shine as much when it comes to outside media, when compared to John Stewart. But that reasoning has to do with John Stewart being a successful character from the JL cartoons. With that said, Kyle and Guy should get treated better, but that's what happens when you keep creating a bunch of new Green Lantern characters constantly on a franchise that isn't all that valuable, compared to big names out there. The writers are to blame for that.
    True and I feel the Green Lantern franchise is big enough to give all the earth Lanterns a book especially now that DC is releasing fewer titles in the market.

Extraordinary Member

Well since you hate it, I do hope they can return the yellow ring to Sinestro anyway and one day maybe John won't need to borrow things from other characters to build up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I blame the creative forces at DC for the sad state of the GL franchise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Guy at least has the Batman: Brave and the Bold cartoon. He was the most frequently seen GL on that show. From what I understand the latest season of YJ has also done well with Guy. I wouldn't mind if the rumors about Kyle being the main character in the GL HBO show turn out to be true. The guy should finally get a chance to shine.
    That is kinda the beauty of the franchise: a creative team can pick any character for a story.

GL should always be fresh.