Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1538
    Extraordinary Member

Speaking of power rings....give John a "Unity" ring.

Evil won't know what hit them!

BANNED

Earth-1985 appeared in Doomsday Clock #12:

Perhaps a hint at a classic-style book to come down-the-line.

By separating out their eras into different Earths, DC can cater to fans of different incarnations simultaneously.

That's the approach of their movie division anyway.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-18-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Earth 1985 seems really interesting.

With that mask, John's timeline is up in the air. Did he just become the GL of 2814? Was his identity not exposed? Is this before he & Katma started getting close?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Earth 1985 seems really interesting.

With that mask, John's timeline is up in the air. Did he just become the GL of 2814? Was his identity not exposed? Is this before he & Katma started getting close?
    This is 1985 if CoIE hadn't happened, so I imagine John's status is whatever it was pre-crisis. Green Lantern #182 was released in 1984, so this is set when John takes over the Green Lantern title as 2814's central GL. I imagine Katma's alive and Guy's in a coma.

Extraordinary Member

I posted this in another thread about Earth-1985.

While John Stewart is serving as GL, Hal eventually separates Carol from Star Sapphire (at least for a spell). Guy is still brought in as a full time GL.

After Hal becomes GL again, he rejoins the League. John leaves Earth and assists Katma with patrolling sector 1417, eventually paving the way for a GLC series set in space.

Guy sticks around as a thorn in Hal's side on Earth. Guy goes on missions with the JL when Hal is unavailable (causing all sorts of fun drama).

I posted this in the Hal thread.

I really do think John should have left Earth to join Katma, and return as occasional guest stars. Plus, have arcs where Hal visits & assists them. During the Englehart run, John was a totally different Lantern than Hal, and after the crisis, should have went his own way. I think putting so many Lanterns on Earth was not feasible, long term(which modern stories have shown). IMO, John just filled in while Hal was gone. During that run, John talked about leaving Earth after Hal's return.

The only Lantern who should be tied to Hal, IMO, is Guy. I think Guy's origin (and angst) is more intertwined with Hal. Plus, Guy established ties to other heroes. All of John's ties are with the GLC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    This is 1985 if CoIE hadn't happened, so I imagine John's status is whatever it was pre-crisis. Green Lantern #182 was released in 1984, so this is set when John takes over the Green Lantern title as 2814's central GL. I imagine Katma's alive and Guy's in a coma.
    I definitely prefer Earth 1985 John Stewart over the current version. Just give Earth 1985 John the current version's hair cut, & costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I definitely prefer Earth 1985 John Stewart over the current version. Just give Earth 1985 John the current version's hair cut, & costume.
    I wouldn't do either. I would have all of the stories set in a never ending 1985 and take advantage of the 80s kitsch, like WW84. It'll be nice to see John as the only active GL.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Man, I wish I could get more 1985 John. His best personality along with adventures in space with Katma would be the best.

Ah, so Earth 1 is being replaced by Earth 1985? It's interesting that Geoff Johns actually ACKNOWLEDGED that John Stewart is the League's lantern from that era. So I'm more than sure he only put John there, because he had to rather than wanted him there.

So since Earth 1 now being replaced by Earth 1985 does that mean that there will be no more Earth One books?

Doug Mahnke (who's going to be the new artist with the new creative in the JL) recently posted this on twitter:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    So since Earth 1 now being replaced by Earth 1985 does that mean that there will be no more Earth One books?
    I think Earth 1 is whatever the current continuity is. Earth 1985 was Earth 1, but it became it's own universe when CoIE happened. It's a world without a Crisis event.

I don't think Earth 1 = Earth One. Earth One stories aren't even connected, like how the All Star stories aren't connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Doug Mahnke (who's going to be the new artist with the new creative in the JL) recently posted this on twitter:

Artists seem to really love drawing John. Hopefully he's got a prominent role on this run. It probably helps that they're going for a smaller roster.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-23-2019 at 07:56 AM.

BANNED

Earth 1985 is retro Earth 1. Earth 1 graphic novels are Earths loosely connected to a still forming universe.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think Earth 1 is whatever the current continuity is. Earth 1985 was Earth 1, but it became it's own universe when CoIE happened. It's a world without a Crisis event.

I don't think Earth 1 = Earth One. Earth One stories aren't even connected, like how the All Star stories aren't connected.
    Yea, I got mixed up between Earth 1 and Earth One

Artists seem to really love drawing John. Hopefully he's got a prominent role on this run. It probably helps that they're going for a smaller roster.
    Jorge Jimenez and now Doug Mahnke. It's great to see artists love drawing John.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Earth 1985 is retro Earth 1. Earth 1 graphic novels are Earths loosely connected to a still forming universe.
    That makes sense