Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Trevante Rhodes would be the best candidate for the role, imo. He's even one of the 6-7 actors, who wants to play the John Stewart character.

I loved his role in Bird Box, btw.
    Apparently, a lot of women (of various ethnicity) loved him in Bird Box. It would be gravy to have a live action John Stewart attract a significant female fan base, like Loki & Killmonger.

It would be very funny given the lengths various creators have gone to make Hal & Kyle the team heartthrobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Thank you brother Sodam! It's been waaay too long.

But throughout I kept my ear to the ground for Stewart news, and it's been largely disappointing tbh. Just feels kind of stagnate. Or like it's gone backwards from John since that Jensen/Bunn era where he was really coming into his own with strong lead stories.

It's really cool that he got the Justice League roster spot but, as you and others likely mentioned, that can't be his only outlet for stories... not when he's not the focus.

Absolutely needs a solo book, or a quasi-solo like Jensen's GLC run.
    After the Jensen/Bunn era, DC let me down tremendously on their handling on the character in Edge of Oblivion and all of Rebirth. I would say that fans on the thread did advocate that if John doesn't have a book, at least put him on the Justice League. That would be the next best thing for the character, which it still is btw. Way better than what happened with him in Rebirth. So I'm highly grateful of that. I would have never thought one of DC's top writers would say that he's been wanting to use the John Stewart character for a while now. I think he writes him very good. Good enough to write a John Stewart book, imo. Scott Snyder is one of the few writers I can trust to write a good John Stewart story.

Scott Snyder even said recently that he would be down to do a Green Lantern book.

One of the writers for DC Talent Showcase said that John Stewart deserves a solo title. So it's nice to see not just us fans wanting John to have his own book, but it's good to see other writers that has a close connection to DC advocating for the character to have an ongoing.

I think we're being heard loud and clear. It's up to DC to do something now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Apparently, a lot of women (of various ethnicity) loved him in Bird Box. It would be gravy to have a live action John Stewart attract a significant female fan base, like Loki & Killmonger.

It would be very funny given the lengths various creators have gone to make Hal & Kyle the team heartthrobs.
    I agree! I believe the actor won some kind of award last year I think. He's becoming a real big actor. He was amazing in Bird Box and his character was written off well and not horribly like you see in other films.

His big break was definitely in Moonlight, it's nice to see him come up. He could work as a younger John Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    His big break was definitely in Moonlight, it's nice to see him come up. He could work as a younger John Stewart
    Agreed! I wouldn't be surprised if WB is eyeing at him for the role as John Stewart.

It looks like the John Stewart and Hawkgirl relationship is not going to happen. Scott Snyder and James Tynion made it official that Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl are going to be in a relationship together:

Well I think a lot of it was James and I talking about how all the seminal Justice League runs started with kind of a core cast and then wound up building on that cast in a way that swapped people out. But more importantly, developed really deep and surprising emotional relationships between characters you might not expect. So for us, even though we wanted to get people in the door with that kind of animated series lineup, that sense that we’re doing something different that offers that kind of promise of comfort food. Even with Metal I tried to do that — it’s going to be fun, it’s a big evil Batman event! And then you get in the door and we always want you to feel excited that we love the same things you do, and then once you start to read it you realize we’re gonna push past anything you expected. That’s kind of our M.O.. So here, once we we planned everything out at the beginning we knew we had certain relationships we really wanted to develop. And in the series the biggest one for us really was Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter. They are two characters that are going through really similar things but have different takes on it. Martian Manhunter and Kendra both are discovering that their history, their mythology, and their roles in this kind of giant meta-narrative about the history and the future of the multiverse are very different and much bigger and more challenging than they thought they were. And they react to it differently. Kendra’s very much about the truth no matter what. And Martian Manhunter I think is more guarded and more cautious because he has the responsibilities of the team leader. And so it brings them together very firmly.
    As a die-hard John Stewart fan, I'm EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED about this. Not only that, but I'm actually hurt about this bad revelation. It feels like an arrow just went through my heart suddenly. I understand that Scott and James wanted things differently from what you see in the animated lineup and not make it so predictable to the fans. But I don't feel like this was a wise decision here. John Stewart's most iconic relationship was with Hawkgirl. No debate. Vixen is second. Kat is third (she's been gone decades ago). Merayn Dethals and Rose Hardin comes after that. His most recent relationship with Fatality ended in a tragic. Why can't the character just be happy? I almost had tears reading about this interview.

I don't know whether I'm going to pick up this week's Justice League Annual.

Valentines Day is going to be a real bad day for John

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 2.50.48 PM.jpg

Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl....

I saw it coming but I still let the train hit me. Smh
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-29-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

To be fair, I'm not too broken up about it. I think relationships between superheroes are practically always doomed to fail, especially if one of the two is destined to be with someone else. I also thought it was ridiculous what they did to Hawkman in the DCAU for the sake of pushing that relationship. I'd say either give John a new love interest who's a civilian or just bring in Katma back. There's no reason why Katma Tui should be John Stewart's Gwen Stacy. Perhaps that's another thing the GLC movie cold help with if it does get made.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-29-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair, I'm not too broken up about it. I think relationships between superheroes are practically always doomed to fail, especially if one of the two is destined to be with someone else. I also thought it was ridiculous what they did to Hawkman in the DCAU for the sake of pushing that relationship. I'd say either give John a new love interest who's a civilian or just bring in Katma back. There's no reason why Katma Tui should be John Stewart's Gwen Stacy. Perhaps that's another thing the GLC movie cold help with if it does get made.
    But John Stewart's relationship with her was iconic. Even Hawkgirl fans wanted to see her relationship with John to happen again. There's no excuses whatsoever for DC to pull some **** like this at all. This was practically the ONLY chance for John's relationship with Hawkgirl to finally happen in the comics. I, as a fan waited for decades to see something I always wanted to come true in the comics. It took the character decades to finally be on a roster that finally resembles the animated JL cartoons. And when it feels like my dreams are about to come true, instead, she gets with Martian Manhunter. I don't really understand Scott Snyder. He said in his own words that John and Hawkgirl are one of his favorite parts on the animated series. Sometimes I wonder did he really meant that or not. This really hurts, man. And sorry for the rant.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I might be the odd ball out but I really just want him back with Katma. I know their relationship isn't and they most likely won't bring her back but they were just perfect for each other. Also the Hawks give me a headache so the less of them is a plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I might be the odd ball out but I really just want him back with Katma. I know their relationship isn't and they most likely won't bring her back but they were just perfect for each other. Also the Hawks give me a headache so the less of them is a plus for me.
    I just feel that his possible relationship with Kat today is far-fetched, and I don't think it'll make as much of a big impact to the character in this day and age. She's been dead decades ago, and it's time for John to move on.

As with the Hawks, in what way do they give you a headache? Is it the supposed inevitable relationship with the Hawks or the possibility that Hawkman will intervene with Hawkgirl's relationship with someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    But John Stewart's relationship with her was iconic. Even Hawkgirl fans wanted to see her relationship with John to happen again. There's no excuses whatsoever for DC to pull some **** like this at all. This was practically the ONLY chance for John's relationship with Hawkgirl to finally happen in the comics. I, as a fan waited for decades to see something I always wanted to come true in the comics. It took the character decades to finally be on a roster that finally resembles the animated JL cartoons. And when it feels like my dreams are about to come true, instead, she gets with Martian Manhunter. I don't really understand Scott Snyder. He said in his own words that John and Hawkgirl are one of his favorite parts on the animated series. Sometimes I wonder did he really meant that or not. This really hurts, man. And sorry for the rant.
    It's fine man, I get what you mean. I'm just not invested in that relationship so I take it for what it is. But I get why other people want to see it. It's no different than fans who want WonderBat in the comics because of the cartoons as well.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-29-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's fine man, I get what you mean. I'm just not invested in that relationship so I take it like it is. But I get why other people want to see it. It's no different than fans who want WonderBat in the comics because of the cartoons as well.
    Just don't ask for that in a Wonder Woman thread .

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl....

I saw it coming but I still let train hit me. Smh
    I honestly didn't see it coming, because Martian Manhunter seemed to not really being into her as we've seen in the Thanagar arc. Martian Manhunter never came to me as the romantic type of character, but rather a character that others like to be around.

I'm team Vixen as the older posters may recall but, even still, I found it very wack that John was in the same space/panels with Shayera and Kendra for several issues, and nothing remotely flattering or homage-paying was done for the fanbase that inspired this JL lineup. Even a short John/Shayera back n forth with an offhand comment or subtle nod to a mutual attraction (or whatever), would've been a nice gesture. But John was largely wallpaper. It was disappointing and lowkey foul; that compounded with this recent news of mm/hg.. i just feel bad for the john/hg shippers, despite my own personal shippin preference, bc i know how passionate they are for that pairing. And for how great and popular that pairing was.
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13