Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anonymc View Post
    Absolutely no one said otherwise. Everyone has been very polite to each other even when they have differing opinions. You're complaining about something that never happened.
    Not complaining at all just expressing my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Not complaining at all just expressing my opinion
    Complaining and expressing ones opinion are not mutually exclusive concepts. For example, if your opinion is expressing a dissatisfaction with something then you are both expressing your opinion AND compaining.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Some people need to accept that that the DCA universe wasn't they're entry nor they're favourite John Stewart version and most importantly don't want John to be with Hawk Girl just saying
    This is not the case for everyone, though as what you're making it sound like. There's nothing wrong with other fans of the character expressing differing opinions on shipping John with someone. I don't see why this is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymc View Post
    Does John still have this role? You mentioned bad writing a couple days ago, but the one thing in the Escape from Hawkworld arc that stuck out to me as truly bad writing was Kilowog threatening to turn John in for insubordination. John can't be insubordinate if he's one of the leaders of the corps.
    I haven't read HJ&TGLC, but I read in the solicits somewhere that John is no longer going to be Corps leader. Since the Guardians returned, John still have to answer to the guardians, regardless of him still being the leader or not.

Yeah. I don't remember it ever coming up. Though to be fair, I probably have to reread Mosaic. I found the art way too distracting to really follow the story half the time. I wish they'd gone with a less abstract style.
    It's been a long time since I read Mosaic. I think the artwork was designed to match the writing style of the book.

Oh, I hadn't heard about that. That's cool. I look forward to seeing where they go with J'onn/Kendra. The pairing itself is utterly harmless, and while I know it's not going to last, we may get some good character development out of it. I'm just hoping they resolve it before Carter comes in. Triangles are icky.
    I'm sure in the upcoming issues, we're going to finally see the kind of feelings J'onn has for her, whether it's love or just friendship. I think there is going to be some kind of romance between the two. Last year, Scott Snyder teased that there's going to be a romance in the Justice League.

BANNED

Complaining and expressing ones opinion are not mutually exclusive concepts. For example, if your opinion is expressing a dissatisfaction with something then you are both expressing your opinion AND compaining.
    Duke's a fine character, you guys are
    This is not the case for everyone, though as what you're making it sound like. There's nothing wrong with other fans of the character expressing differing opinions on shipping John with someone. I don't see why this is an issue.
    There's no issue here just you like to express you're opinion and what you want to see so do I it seems you like to say I'm complaining just because you don't share the the same opinion but it's fine we all like John

There's no issue here, just as you like to express you're opinion and what you want to see, so do I. it seems you like to say I'm complaining just because you don't share the the same opinion but it's fine we all like John
    never said there was an issue, i was just explaining to you that one can complain and express an opinion simultaneously is all. I don't like to say your complaining, but i do like to make observations and share those observations; especially when it's a teachable moment. For example, instead of getting defensive you could easily have said "i didn't mean to come off like i was complaining, what i meant was..." and rephrased what you meant to say. A helpful suggestion, maybe don't use wording that comes off like you are attacking someone else's preference if you only mean to express your own; it's less likely to be subject to critique. Plenty people (on this very thread) don't prefer John with Hawkgirl or prefer John's older comic characterizations over the DCAU one, who have expressed that without coming off like they are sniping at other people's preferences.

[oh dope, i'm the 200th reply]
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-02-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

There's no issue here just you like to express you're opinion and what you want to see so do I it seems you like to say I'm complaining just because you don't share the the same opinion but it's fine we all like John
    You did call out some posters by saying some people on this thread (falsely) accusing others not accepting their opinions, which is just false.

There was a good discussion from different viewpoints and opinions. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    You did call out some posters by saying some people on this thread (falsely) accusing others not accepting their opinions, which is just false.

There was a good discussion from different viewpoints and opinions. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    I never called out anyone it's not the intended thing I said my opinion and that's that and about John and who we ship him with we'll have to agree to disagree but don't call someone's opinion "complaining" and "accusing" or "calling out" people here

All-New Member

I never called out anyone it's not the intended thing I said my opinion and that's that and about John and who we ship him with we'll have to agree to disagree but don't call someone's opinion "complaining" and "accusing" or "calling out" people here
    Nobody minds that you prefer Katma. Nobody. Anthony also prefers Katma. The reason he got peaceful discussion and you got three people jumping on you was because you were nasty about it and he wasn't.

"Some people need to accept" is a call out. Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but there's really no other way to read that. If it wasn't your intent, apologize and move on. Next time, explain why you prefer Katma instead of complaining about people preferring Hawkgirl.
    Last edited by anonymc; 02-03-2019 at 09:05 AM.

BANNED

Nobody minds that you prefer Katma. Nobody. Anthony also prefers Katma. The reason he got peaceful discussion and you got three people jumping on you was because you were nasty about it and he wasn't.

"Some people need to accept" is a call out. Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but there's really no other way to read that. If it wasn't your intent, apologize and move on. Next time, explain why you prefer Katma instead of complaining about people preferring Hawkgirl.
    Not apologising because there's nothing to apologise about especially since I expressed myself peacefully and respectfully if you chosen to get offended that's your problem my friend

Ultimate Member

Some people need to accept that that the DCA universe wasn't they're entry nor they're favourite John Stewart version and most importantly don't want John to be with Hawk Girl just saying
    The reality is for many is that cartoon version and relationships with Hawkgirl & Vixen is the main version of John Stewart many have seen.

Where are all these trades with stories of John Stewart & his wife at? Excluding maybe two volume of the 80s Green Lantern series that showed John in a relationship. Beyond a quick mention of the bedroom by Fatality in the New 52 series.

His wife's death is not in trade.
    His Mosaic series is not in trade.
    His Mosaic arc nor his running after Star Sapphire is in trade.
    His run in Darkstars is not in trade.

All we have had is the cartoon version that was not crapped on by the comic book side.

So like Cyborg, Vixen, Static, Black Lightning and Jaime Reyes-folks are going with the version that they see and that is not a joke. In all their cases it's the tv side and that's a commentary on how bad DC comic book side has done these guys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The reality is for many is that cartoon version and relationships with Hawkgirl & Vixen is the main version of John Stewart many have seen.

Where are all these trades with stories of John Stewart & his wife at? Excluding maybe two volume of the 80s Green Lantern series that showed John in a relationship. Beyond a quick mention of the bedroom by Fatality in the New 52 series.

His wife's death is not in trade.
    His Mosaic series is not in trade.
    His Mosaic arc nor his running after Star Sapphire is in trade.
    His run in Darkstars is not in trade.

All we have had is the cartoon version that was not crapped on by the comic book side.

So like Cyborg, Vixen, Static, Black Lightning and Jaime Reyes-folks are going with the version that they see and that is not a joke. In all their cases it's the tv side and that's a commentary on how bad DC comic book side has done these guys.
    That's great other people and other opinions

BANNED

I am not surprised that Snyder is not doing anything with John and Shayera only because this is John Stewart, and, weirdly, nothing good or interesting ever seems to happen with him. If Scott Snyder is playing some long and twisty game with the two, my advice to him:

Don't.
    Not with this character. I've found many John Stewart fans to be noisy and complain'y (not that I am criticizing them for that, they have good reason), but in a way, they are very long suffering. I, however, am not. I have more or less given up all hope of ever seeing anything great done with this character, because I simply don't have the patience for being dicked around with false promises, getting passed over all the time, and no one at the publishing house seeming to give a crap about him.

Last time I saw something truly great with John was the Justice League cartoon and that was a long time ago by now. I suppose an argument could be made for Jensen and Chang's GLC run, but in hindsight, I think it was only okay because Jensen never got a chance to tell his story amidst all those crossovers, and it really says something that the only reason that even happened was because DC wanted to get rid of John Stewart.

My point being is I wouldn't dick John Stewart fans around with some long drawn out story where they have to wonder if anything with Green Lantern or Hawkgirl is even happening. At the risk of sounding entitled, I find it insulting, in a way. They put all the pieces in place like they have never been before in comics (which is a shame in itself), with John, Shayera, and the Justice League, just like the uber loved and popular toons, and they must KNOW they did that, and they MUST have done it on purpose....
    and then they don't do anything with it at all. To me it seems like another smack to John Stewart and JL/U fans, and I really don't have the patience to see if, "Oh... well maybe some day waaaaay off in the future, they might do something with this." I'm okay with a "will they/won't they" like what the cartoon showed. I'm not okay with, "Is this even happening? It doesn't look like it." I'm just going to take it at face value and assume it's not and move on. Just typical stuff for John Stewart. And I don't really like this Justice League title much anyway.

I guess my point is that the GL/Hawkgirl thing might happen, but by the looks of things, I don't suspect it will, and I don't really have the patience to see if it will. I'm disappointed that DC put all the pieces in place and then intentionally didn't do anything with them. It almost seems like trolling in a way, similar to how Geoff Johns kept hyping up John Stewart in Darkseid War only to give the character maybe 2 lines and 3 panels in the whole thing. There's only so much of that thing I can take, and with John Stewart, it seems like that's all you get.

In short, as I'm sure I've said before, I suspect John Stewart to more or less be an asexual in this title.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I am not surprised that Snyder is not doing anything with John and Shayera only because this is John Stewart, and, weirdly, nothing good or interesting ever seems to happen with him. If Scott Snyder is playing some long and twisty game with the two, my advice to him:

Don't.
    Not with this character. I've found many John Stewart fans to be noisy and complain'y (not that I am criticizing them for that, they have good reason), but in a way, they are very long suffering. I, however, am not. I have more or less given up all hope of ever seeing anything great done with this character, because I simply don't have the patience for being dicked around with false promises, getting passed over all the time, and no one at the publishing house seeming to give a crap about him.

Last time I saw something truly great with John was the Justice League cartoon and that was a long time ago by now. I suppose an argument could be made for Jensen and Chang's GLC run, but in hindsight, I think it was only okay because Jensen never got a chance to tell his story amidst all those crossovers, and it really says something that the only reason that even happened was because DC wanted to get rid of John Stewart.

My point being is I wouldn't dick John Stewart fans around with some long drawn out story where they have to wonder if anything with Green Lantern or Hawkgirl is even happening. At the risk of sounding entitled, I find it insulting, in a way. They put all the pieces in place like they have never been before in comics (which is a shame in itself), with John, Shayera, and the Justice League, just like the uber loved and popular toons, and they must KNOW they did that, and they MUST have done it on purpose....
    and then they don't do anything with it at all. To me it seems like another smack to John Stewart and JL/U fans, and I really don't have the patience to see if, "Oh... well maybe some day waaaaay off in the future, they might do something with this." I'm okay with a "will they/won't they" like what the cartoon showed. I'm not okay with, "Is this even happening? It doesn't look like it." I'm just going to take it at face value and assume it's not and move on. Just typical stuff for John Stewart. And I don't really like this Justice League title much anyway.

I guess my point is that the GL/Hawkgirl thing might happen, but by the looks of things, I don't suspect it will, and I don't really have the patience to see if it will. I'm disappointed that DC put all the pieces in place and then intentionally didn't do anything with them. It almost seems like trolling in a way, similar to how Geoff Johns kept hyping up John Stewart in Darkseid War only to give the character maybe 2 lines and 3 panels in the whole thing. There's only so much of that thing I can take, and with John Stewart, it seems like that's all you get.

In short, as I'm sure I've said before, I suspect John Stewart to more or less be an asexual in this title.
    Good points there.

From my perspective, I would be surprised if Snyder is NOT doing anything with John/Shayera. He said in an interview that one of the best parts of the Justice League animated series was the John/Shayera relationship. Now, if he doesn't do anything with those characters, I would consider his comment trolling and just hyping up John fans (only one's that prefer that relationship of course). But take consideration that Shayera is no longer connected to the reincarnation lifecycle, while Kendra is not. Which means she could have a potential love interest with someone that is NOT a hawk.

But some of the things you said here, I've had the same sentiments.

His book is going to be about 3 years. So plenty of time. But it's better to temper the expectations, even know I have hard time doing that

Welcome back to the new John Stewart appreciation thread.