Page 24 of 103 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Look who's making a cameo in doomsday clock
    It's not surprising. John always made cameos in Geoff Johns' books.

I would only be surprised if John has some kind of role in the book.

Gary Frank's art is really good.

Since Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter has been brought up, it looks like when both characters meet their future selves, they're going to have a child name shane (or something like that). You'll see that in the upcoming issue.

Of all of the decisions I've been seeing in DC Comics, this is one of the most silly and illogical things I've ever seen. It's beyond me on why Scott Snyder went with this route, especially since he's been a huge fan of John/Hawkgirl romance. Not a bad way to piss off John fans and Hawkgirl fans.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Look who's making a cameo in doomsday clock
    Love the cameos but I really don't like how John is drawn here.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Love the cameos but I really don't like how John is drawn here.
    He looks older than he usually looks there. That's what I got when looking at the panel.

BANNED

I was going to say the same thing about the art. Gary Frank isn't a bad artist by any means, but I think he's overrated. He's slow as hell, and sometimes his faces look strange. John looks like an old man or a troll face meme, like the one at 10 seconds:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Um have you guys NOT read (or probably forgot) what was said in the comments on this thread?

Surprisingly (yes, surprisingly), there seems to be some writers such as Mark Russell, who is interested in writing a John Stewart solo, with Kat as a supporting cast. So there are writers out there, who is interested in writing a John Stewart solo. He even solicited a pitch to DC Comics about a John Stewart solo title.
    That doesn't mean anything unless there are editors willing to put up the money to produce, print, and market the book. You're just holding out hope for something that you probably know won't even happen.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 03-05-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    That doesn't mean anything unless there are editors willing to put up the money to produce, print, and market the book. You're just holding out hope for something that you probably know won't even happen.
    One of the main issues I've been having with DC is that a lot of writers always chooses other characters like Hal, Guy, Kyle over John Stewart whenever he shares a book with them. I'm just glad that we have a writer that has interests in him, even knowing that you have artists and writers believing only Hal should have his own book, because he's Silver Age as this has been said by EVS and Gabriel Hardman (who I also don't have any respect for). For years, I've been seeing too many writers been given the freedom from TPTB to choose which lantern they want to write and they always pick the white guys like Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, and Kyle Rayner over John Stewart. So yea, there is some hope. It may be small for what we see right now, but it's still there.

But yea, it's up to the editors who's willing to green lit a John Stewart pitch. Not just writers, but they are part of the problem as well and always have been, because they see that there's a track record that these writers choose other lanterns over John and they don't demand to request a pitch that stars John in a book.

BANNED

Yes, the ultimate decision is editorial. A writer can want to do anything. Heck, I'd like to write and draw a John Stewart book, but that doesn't mean anything. Dan DiDio specifically met over dinner with Grant Morrison to propose the idea of Grant Morrison (a star writer) writing a Hal Jordan book. You don't get that type of thing for John Stewart. The publisher does not meet with star writers to propose John Stewart books to them. That shows you how editorial feels about the issue and where their priorities are. They are not with John Stewart. Geoff Johns, who until recently was editorial, pushes for Jessica Cruz and was the one primarily behind that Green Lanterns book from DC Rebirth (which was his idea). He does not do anything for John Stewart beyond small cameos.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 03-05-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Since Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter has been brought up, it looks like when both characters meet their future selves, they're going to have a child name shane (or something like that). You'll see that in the upcoming issue.

Of all of the decisions I've been seeing in DC Comics, this is one of the most silly and illogical things I've ever seen. It's beyond me on why Scott Snyder went with this route, especially since he's been a huge fan of John/Hawkgirl romance. Not a bad way to piss off John fans and Hawkgirl fans.
    Long term, that works out well for John. Some writer/editor will have Hawkman eventually sweep Hawkgirl off her feet, leaving MM all by his lonesome.

I would be pissed if that happened to John.

Extraordinary Member

"But what about the Green Lantern Corps movie?" some may ask. Well, there is no guarantee it will even happen. It was supposed to come out in 2020, remember? I haven't heard anything about it. And if it does happen, there is a really good chance Geoff Johns will be the one writing the script and doing who knows what else. He is probably the worst person to handle John Stewart for such a crucial project.

Furthermore, the industry is in such a dire state, it's hard for me to imagine DC putting out a John Stewart solo title in this climate, especially when DC will be cutting back its number of published titles.
    Yeah, no solid news yet for a film that was supposed to come out in 2020.

I'm paranoid as hell about Geoff Johns being responsible for a live action John Stewart.

BANNED

I'm sure Geoff Johns would love to remove John Stewart from the film entirely, and fill the rookie spot with Jessica Cruz instead. I actually wouldn't be very surprised if that happened, especially after Snyder snubbed John Stewart by having Hawkgirl have a romance with Martian Manhunter WHILE John Stewart was present. Dude absolutely had to know exactly what he was doing.

BANNED

Some of us John Stewart fans don't want him with Hawk Girl at all(but hey different strokes for different folks)

I'm still waiting for katama to come back to me she's John one's true love

Yes, the ultimate decision is editorial. A writer can want to do anything. Heck, I'd like to write and draw a John Stewart book, but that doesn't mean anything. Dan DiDio specifically met over dinner with Grant Morrison to propose the idea of Grant Morrison (a star writer) writing a Hal Jordan book. You don't get that type of thing for John Stewart. The publisher does not meet with star writers to propose John Stewart books to them. That shows you how editorial feels about the issue and where their priorities are. They are not with John Stewart. Geoff Johns, who until recently was editorial, pushes for Jessica Cruz and was the one primarily behind that Green Lanterns book from DC Rebirth (which was his idea). He does not do anything for John Stewart beyond small cameos.
    That's unfortunate. I just think it comes down to people over at the DC offices are fans of the Hal Jordan character. So they would most likely have a book with him in it. Let's say if DC ever sees the potential of a John book selling 100k units per month. I still don't think they would push the character as much as they're pushing Hal. That's how biased a lot of those guys are.

This is hilarious

Jorge Jimenez draws John Stewart really well here.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Some of us John Stewart fans don't want him with Hawk Girl at all(but hey different strokes for different folks)
    True

I'm still waiting for katama to come back to me she's John one's true love
    I just don't see her coming back. I would say that writer Mark Russell said in a recent interview that he pitched DC a John Stewart solo title that features Kat. But I'm guessing this would take place in John's earlier adventures. I would be down to read that.

Extraordinary Member

John stewart had more appearances,more panel time and more do by the way in hal jordan and the green lantern corps book then the current justice league book.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-07-2019 at 12:18 AM.