Page 39 of 103 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What's this for?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    What's this for?
    I just like the image. Ironically, one of the most somber moments of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I just like the image. Ironically, one of the most somber moments of the show.
    I always dug GL's coat and WW's armor

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Well, when you get a JL/U reunion and they give you Jessica Cruz instead of John Stewart, someone is bound to have some opinion on that. Especially when you get hardly ANY John Stewart these days. If they had kept that thing some separate continuity, I doubt anyone would have said anything. I wouldn't have.
    Justice League vs Fatal Five isn't a JLU reunion movie. It just uses designs from the DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It happens all the time. ALL THE TIME.

Let me repeat what Christopher Priest told ME as he signed my copy of the final issue of Powerman & Ironfist. He did NOT want to kill off Ironfist but the editor made it clear-do it or you won't have a pay check.
    Mind you this was NOT the only Marvel book he was doing at the time (Editor for Spider-Man & main writer for for 2 stints on Conan.) 2 years before he killed off John's wife in Action Comics.

McDuffie's Justice League roster was NOT his choice.

Vampire Savior gripe is USE WHO YOU HAVE instead of creating new folks that crowd up everything. Is that NOT the gripe some Bat fans have with Duke Thomas?
    Why create a new person you will have LIMITED of NO ownership of when you stop writing them.
    Yes it's nice to see Miles Morales on the screen and you are Bendis.
    But how does George Perez & Jurdens feel seeing Hotspot dead in Heroes in Crisis?
    Or the Malibu folks who can never see their creations in print.

With that said-the more the merrier is FINE. As there are stories that can not be told with John or the others. However that is NO EXCUSE to not use those who came before the others. Jessica can be in whatever DC wants her to be in. Just don't forget you got 5 other lanterns with one that seems to have issues with usage and quality stories.

Heck I would add in-
    when John fans vent-guess who gets lectured?
    When John fans withhold their money and don't by books-guess who gets lectured about not being a "real" fan. Hal & TGLC was a HAL book as confirmed by the artist. It got the sales it got due to that. Yet only John fans got attacked for a lack of support.
    Only lead from Justice League Cartoon to NOT get a solo series either during or after that series run. Hawkgirl in name only did.
    We have seen others guest star and get ongoings or minis or consistent usage.
    Since New 52 everything has been STRIPPED from this character.
    The only good solo story we have gotten in 26 YEARS with John was a story with Huckleberry Hound.
    Funny the only stories with John looking decent are NOT in DC Proper.
    Not to mention folks begging to play him-even cosplaying.

Sooner or later you have to start asking questions. ESPECIALLY when it's one of the faces of your black heroes. ANd I would ask that question if this was being done to Jessica as well.

Jessica & John bring in MORE money than either one by themselves.
    Your frustration is understandable but I feel it's a bit misplaced here. Jemisin is not an editor and if the deal was that she could make her own GL character that is not her fault. And after what McDuffie and Priest went through, do you really want another writer of color to get crapped on by fans for decisions she had no control over?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Looks interesting, but shouldn't John Stewart fans deserve more than just a supporting role, though? Is that the only type of exposure the character can get these days, AS a supporting character? It's pretty interesting when you have popular shows on TV talk and tease about John Stewart, multi million dollar A-list actors request to play him, news media, articles and so on mentioning about him. And all he can get is a supporting role!? The media doesn't seem to view this character as some sidekick secondary character. They view him as a real quality superhero. So why can't Geoff Johns, EVS, Tom King, Tom Taylor, Judd Winick, Tony Bedard, Peter Tomasi, Dan Jergens, Dan Didio, and other DC editors do the same? It's a shame that those guys treat an African American character like that.

I would rather John not be in the book than to see him playing second fiddle to other characters. If that's the case, I won't buy it at all.

I will not support any book where John is playing background character.
    You gotta treat these comic book companies like GEICO.

Spectacular Member

This mention of John and Jessica has me thinking. Have those two even met before in any of the books?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Justice League vs Fatal Five isn't a JLU reunion movie. It just uses designs from the DCAU.
    Thats not what Timm said. I thought it was just them using the designs but not set in the same canon but apparently this one is DCAU continuity.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/and-the-a...he-fatal-five/

"As producer/director Sam Liu explained, the project was not originally intended to be drawn with Timm’s distinct angular art style but it lent itself thematically. “The story is about legacy,” said Liu. “The Legion being in the future, the Trinity currently, and the influx of new characters that will be the bridge between the two.” As for whether or not this is actually in DCAU continuity, the filmmakers leave it up to the viewers to decide for themselves, however in the opinion of Bruce Timm, he considers it canon."

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    This mention of John and Jessica has me thinking. Have those two even met before in any of the books?
    Yes, I think they first met when Jessica and Simon were sent to Oa since they still didn't have formal training. John was the Corps leader at the time and he ordered Guy and Kyle to train them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    You gotta treat these comic book companies like GEICO.
    I know right? haha

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Thats not what Timm said. I thought it was just them using the designs but not set in the same canon but apparently this one is DCAU continuity.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/and-the-a...he-fatal-five/

"As producer/director Sam Liu explained, the project was not originally intended to be drawn with Timm’s distinct angular art style but it lent itself thematically. “The story is about legacy,” said Liu. “The Legion being in the future, the Trinity currently, and the influx of new characters that will be the bridge between the two.” As for whether or not this is actually in DCAU continuity, the filmmakers leave it up to the viewers to decide for themselves, however in the opinion of Bruce Timm, he considers it canon."
    I was actually hoping Agent Z's comments were true

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I haven't finished watching JLvsFF yet. Is it good? I know John gets a shout out at the beginning, but the subtitles say "J'Onn"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I haven't finished watching JLvsFF yet. Is it good? I know John gets a shout out at the beginning, but the subtitles say "J'Onn"
    I liked it. Felt it had a good mix of action, humor, and drama. MY one thing is that I kept thinking Mano was a red lantern by his outfit he was wearing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It was pretty good, but they clearly were unsure how to resolve a specific plot point so one character decided it was time to be a one-person Justice League and make the rest look like chumps. They wrap it up well afterwards. If you're a Superman fan and like his ties to the Legion, it may bug you because they never really care about him.

Overall, it's mostly a Legion/GL crossover where the Trinity preside to boost sales and have a few cool moments.

Mr. Terrific ruled.

It does, however, highlight the GL Corps' importance in the DCU nicely.

From Justice Leauge #25

BANNED