Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I think it'd be cool if John had his own power battery design like how Kyle had his own in the 90s. But then again, he wouldn't need it.....man it's agonizing waiting for new developments for GL.
    Yea, tell me about it. But who knows what's going to happen in the next year. It's possible that John may get some kind of ongoing by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yea, tell me about it. But who knows what's going to happen in the next year. It's possible that John may get some kind of ongoing by then.
    I truly hope it's a seasonal ongoing (a la Naomi) that has focused storytelling that can easily be collected in trade. It would 100% need free narrative reign and a powerful creative team, that would be the only way I would be willing to fully invest in a John ongoing. Otherwise, I'd be looking at it with cautious optimism. I would be happy to see any form of John solo but, wishful thinking, I would like it to at least appear like DC is trying to put their best foot forward John this time.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I truly hope it's a seasonal ongoing (a la Naomi) that has focused storytelling that can easily be collected in trade. It would 100% need free narrative reign and a powerful creative team, that would be the only way I would be willing to fully invest in a John ongoing. Otherwise, I'd be looking at it with cautious optimism. I would be happy to see any form of John solo but, wishful thinking, I would like it to at least appear like DC is trying to put their best foot forward John this time.
    They know that John fans want to see an ongoing, especially for the fact that he's on the core Justice League team. I think it's possible since Mark Russel is working with Scott Snyder on Year of the Villain. He's doing the Sinestro One Shot. He's same the guy who pitched a John Stewart solo to DC. Not only this, but John is being teased in Arrow, and being shockingly mentioned multiple times in the other show, Legacy. John Stewart is a popular character. So it's time right now for DC to start capitalizing on the character and give him a solo. I'm pretty sure there's going to be another big event next year, where each JL character is going to get minis that ties into the event.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer Of Justice # 2 Variant Cover by Matteo Scalera

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer Of Justice # 2 Variant Cover by Matteo Scalera
    I love this artwork! It's nice to see John Stewart with this team.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

"This black man lets it all hang out!" I'm surprised they got that past the censors. Hey, it was 1971!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I'm not sure who here collects action figures, but for anyone who saw the DC Multiverse John action figure at SDCC last year, the wave he's in is supposed to be released sometime this month tentatively. Entertainment Earth, for example, is open for pre-orders.

Attachment 83046

The distribution for these figures have been pretty bad it seems (Mattel is apparently loosing the license at the end of the year). Took me forever to get the Kyle one. Might be best to wait for it to pop up on Amazon, if that's your preferred place to order online.
    (Copying my post from the Wally West thread, since they're in the same wave)
    DC Multiverse has been a crap shoot when it comes to regular stores.
    It's either you see a bunch of them or you are LUCKY to see any.

I have YET to see Vixen's figure in any store. Jessica Cruz and Batwoman vary when you see them.
    While Spoiler shockingly has been seen at Wal-Mart in bulk with Harley where I live. Now I am seeing Ray in larger numbers.
    I did not know Wallace had one until I saw him for $25 at Movie Trading Post. Aside from there I have yet to see that line anywhere else.
    I will be shocked if I see John in any stores before the year ends unless it's at Movie Trading Post.

Hal never even interacts with his fellow heroes anymore and hasn't regularly done so in years, he's this isolated lone wolf character that you may forget he even had a life on Earth.
    Hal has a BOOK so that makes up for that. Because it is not the job of any team book or other book to showcase Hal's private life. That is the job of his solo book.

And this in no way means to bash Hal, I've just grown tired of DC making this a war for who should be "the main" when the OBVIOUS choice is to focus on making the franchise a more even ensemble by diversifying and compartmentalizing their characters. Hal Jordan can be cool, but so can Simon or Jessica or John or Kyle or Guy; the GL universe does not need to end with Hal. If they want to make Hal the be all end all then kill and/or retire ALL the other Lanterns. Oh they won't? Because these characters have fans whose money DC still wants? Huh, sure doesn't seem like it. Maybe they should get their heads outta their special crevices.
    PREACH

John Stewart has NEVER played any crucial DC event, ever!
    You forgot Cosmic Odyssey.

But why is artists like Liam Sharp are happy about the sales?
    Because no matter the floppy sales-that is a book ENSURED of shelf space everywhere as a trade.
    And those floppies are ensured a spot in BINS.
    So no matter what SOMEONE will see the art and buy the book be it trade or dollar bins.
    So he is assured exposure and that leads to demand.
    Look at Ethan-ignoring his behavior-he is STILL the artist for one of the best periods of Green Lantern. He can charge WHATEVER he wants for a Hal sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Hal has a BOOK so that makes up for that. Because it is not the job of any team book or other book to showcase Hal's private life. That is the job of his solo book.
    I didn't say anything about showcasing Hal's private life, I said he is utterly ABSENT from anything involving the core DC events. It's not for you to decide whether his solo book "makes up for it" or not, a lot of fans actually do want to see him back on Earth and more regularly interact with his fellow heroes or supporting cast and participate in the central DC events, which doesn't happen in his solo book either, that's why I brought up the question if people could choose between having John in the same position or the one he currently finds himself in, which one they would find to be the more desirable scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I didn't say anything about showcasing Hal's private life, I said he is utterly ABSENT from anything involving the core DC events. It's not for you to decide whether his solo book "makes up for it" or not, a lot of fans actually do want to see him back on Earth and more regularly interact with his fellow heroes or supporting cast and participate in the central DC events, which doesn't happen in his solo book either, that's why I brought up the question if people could choose between having John in the same position or the one he currently finds himself in, which one they would find to be the more desirable scenario.
    Which is why I say that I prefer John to be on Earth and on the Justice League interacting with other superheroes and participating in big DCU wide events. Having John interact with other A-list heroes, battling an A-list villain counterpart is something I prefer him to do than to be on a solo. I feel if it was the other way around, I'm sure John fans will complain about John being isolated from the DCU

With that said, I still want John to have his own solo, despite being on the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You forgot Cosmic Odyssey.
    I don't think it was a big DCU event, though. Wasn't the story more self-contained?

Which is why I say that I prefer John to be on Earth and on the Justice League interacting with other superheroes and participating in big DCU wide events. Having John interact with other A-list heroes, battling an A-list villain counterpart is something I prefer him to do than to be on a solo. I feel if it was the other way around, I'm sure John fans will complain about John being isolated from the DCU

With that said, I still want John to have his own solo, despite being on the Justice League.
    I'm not saying either scenario is a good one, but Hal can afford to be out in space in his solo for a bit. He's already got tons of material with him in big DC events, interacting with the A-listers, and so on. I don't fault his fans at all for wanting him back on Earth with the other heroes though, because that's what John fans have wanted for John for a while now, instead of being strictly a space lantern.

Speaking of John's (hopeful) book, you guys got any original rouges gallery pitches for Stewart?

I don't think it was a big DCU event, though. Wasn't the story more self-contained?
    Eh, kinda? Ironically, despite how much it's grown to be despised by a lot of John fans, the only thing with any kind of long lasting impact (that I know of) that came out of that story was the destruction of Xanshi.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

BANNED

I'm not saying either scenario is a good one, but Hal can afford to be out in space in his solo for a bit. He's already got tons of material with him in big DC events, interacting with the A-listers, and so on. I don't fault his fans at all for wanting him back on Earth with the other heroes though, because that's what John fans have wanted for John for a while now, instead of being strictly a space lantern.

Speaking of John's (hopeful) book, you guys got any original rouges gallery pitches for Stewart?
    I don't really care about dick measuring DCU feats all that much. I'd rather read good stories with good characters that explore those characters, so I would rather have John have his own book than be a part of the Justice League, if I had to choose one. Especially since John doesn't seem to be playing a crucial role in Justice League, and his being a member of the League doesn't look to be leading to any multimedia benefits, like cartoons, movies, toys, video games, and so on.

As for villains, I don't have any original characters in mind for John to face, but I would have him go up against Krona, the Qwardians, Grayven, Anti-Monitor, and the Manhunters. No Emotional Spectrum or Invisible Spectrum anything would be in the title if I had my way. I would probably change his costume back to the standard Green Lantern uniform with the white gloves and even the underwear because I feel what he's been wearing now--the Bruce Timm design--though streamlined and modern, lacks flair. While the Gil Kane design may be seen as hokey and dated, I think it has flair in spades. I would also change his hair style more in line to what he originally had.

Like a new rouge's gallery from scratch? Like completely original characters? Hmmm, that's a tough one, I'll have to get back to you on that. My pitch, as it stand, to add to John's rouges gallery would be start by having him build a more personally adversarial relationship with Umbrax (not Sinestro using the UV, the actual living star), I would imagine he wouldn't take to kindly to him breaking his influence and helping the League repel him from Earth. Also, I would bring back and update Grayven, son of Darkseid, for the post-Flashpoint landscape.

I have a wild one that I don't want to be a regular adversary, more of a fun meta-commentary on DC's nepotism, character supremacy and insistence (intentionally or not) on fandom war. I'd have him face of against Parallax, the real Parallax; Hal Jordan. It wouldn't be in the main timeline, that would limit what I want to do, but I would make it so John has to face off with a Hal from a universe where, after he slaughtered the Green Lantern Corps, Hal never redeemed himself and Johns never retconned his sins away. Whether it's our John or if it's a complete elseworld scenario is flexible. Ultimately, I wouldn't want John to kill Hal (that would feel too mean-spirited even if Hal is still a murderous psycho) but there needs to be an all out fight issue where there is just no holds barred.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-09-2019 at 08:22 AM.

currently following: