Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1538

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I also like the idea of keeping the constructs simple and elemental instead of being so detailed. Why create a machine gun when you can just fire lasers, force blasts, or emerald flame? If a GL creates a hand construct, does it really need finger nails or grooves on it? Does a GL really need to make a motorcycle or jet plane when they can fly on their own power? Just sketch the constructs like hammers, gauntlets, razors, etc. as simply as possible--keeps the property from being too cheesey. Probably a better reflection of how the mind reacts on the fly anyway.
    That's one of the things that kinda bothered me about John in the DCAU. I totally get that when you're thinking on the fly you don't have time to imagine the most intricate and detailed construct, you go for whatever pops into your head first and its going to be basic but effective. That was John's usual approach in the show as he mostly just did generic energy blasts and bubble shields, but I feel there were times where they should've let him get more creative in the same vain as when he got turned into a kid and created a giant mech suit. I never really got "The Most Powerful Weapon in the Universe" vibe from the GL ring in the DCAU because of that.

In regards to the whole creating intricate things when generic constructs could do the job, I think it's a mental thing. Yeah they could just hurl giant detailess exploding blocks at people for big damage, but when say Hal throws a jet at someone, or John creates a tank, they have a better idea of the amount of damage they could/should do. Meaning that because of their familiarity with said objects, they have more faith in them and the damage they could/should do. The more they believe in it, the more gung ho they'll be about it and the more their willpower thrives. Just my hypothesis.

I do agree though, taking the time to put finger nails and knuckle hair on a fist construct and making jets/motorcycles to travel when they can just fly is stupid.
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 07-15-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    That's one of the things that kinda bothered me about John in the DCAU. I totally get that when you're thinking on the fly you don't have time to imagine the most intricate and detailed construct, you go for whatever pops into your head first and its going to be basic but effective. That was John's usual approach in the show as he mostly just did generic energy blasts and bubble shields, but I feel there were times where they should've let him get more creative in the same vain as when he got turned into a kid and created a giant mech suit. I never really got "The Most Powerful Weapon in the Universe" vibe from the GL ring in the DCAU because of that.

In regards to the whole creating intricate things when generic constructs could do the job, I think it's a mental thing. Yeah they could just hurl giant detailess exploding blocks at people for big damage, but when say Hal throws a jet at someone, or John creates a tank, they have a better idea of the amount of damage they could/should do. Meaning that because of their familiarity with said objects, they have more faith in them and the damage they could/should do. The more they believe in it, the more gung ho they'll be about it and the more their willpower thrives. Just my hypothesis.

I do agree though, taking the time to put finger nails and knuckle hair on a fist construct and making jets/motorcycles to travel when they can just fly is stupid.
    There was an episode of JLU that I think was trying to offer an explanation for John using less elaborate but more practical constructs. When he and the League are turned into children, John is shown to be very indecisive, constantly procrastinating over what construct to use. I imagine, that as an adult John decided to go for simplistic and practical because he had an issue of getting lost in his own head as a child.

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post

It makes sense to me that John, and Kyle would create more elaborate constructs than Hal & Guy.

I imagine as an architect, John already has a design in mind. The ring just makes his concepts manifest really fast in battle.

I do think of Kyle in regards to finger nails & knuckle hair (since he is an artist), but I could be wrong with that.

I thought this was a cool analysis of John.

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 07-16-2019 at 08:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It makes sense to me that John, and Kyle would create more elaborate constructs than Hal & Guy.

I imagine as an architect, John already has a design in mind. The ring just makes his concepts manifest really fast in battle.

I do think of Kyle in regards to finger nails & knuckle hair (since he is an artist), but I could be wrong with that.

I thought this was a cool analysis of John.

That level of detail takes me back to the terrible constructs in the 2011 film.

BANNED

Compare to:

BANNED

Or:

BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 07-16-2019 at 09:41 AM.

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

That level of detail takes me back to the terrible constructs in the 2011 film.

Extraordinary Member

Or:

John looking absolutely brolic. This issue of Justice League was the first time in a while that we got mention of John's UV light, with Justice/Doom War starting to kick off, hopefully we'll see more from that.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    John looking absolutely brolic. This issue of Justice League was the first time in a while that we got mention of John's UV light, with Justice/Doom War starting to kick off, hopefully we'll see more from that.
    It's nice to see John Stewart have a good role in this event. I'm sure there's going to be more treats for us soon. Scott Snyder done a good job laying out John's character. You can see how much of a skilled leadership he can be as a character here.

BANNED

Are there any Marvel writers you'd want to write a John Stewart Green Lantern book or to write Justice League?

I think Nick Spencer, Saladin Ahmed, J. Michael Straczynski, or Matt Fraction would be cool.

Are there any Marvel writers you'd want to write a John Stewart Green Lantern book or to write Justice League?

I think Nick Spencer, Saladin Ahmed, J. Michael Straczynski, or Matt Fraction would be cool.
    I think J. Michael Straczynski would be a good writer. I loved his work on Superman Earth One.

I also think Brian Bendis would also be someone who's ideal if you want John Stewart to form a new team that's top secret, which is similar to the Illuminati. I thought he done a good job with that concept on the New Avengers run.