Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1538

I like the modifications on his suit, and while I'm certain DC has zero intention of changing John's suit any time soon, I would love for them to give it a upgrade one of these days; something to mark some kind of character growth, ideally. And if they did update his suit, I don't think gloves should be a part of his ensemble any more than a mask should be. these are character choices, considering how big an issue DC has with allowing John to feel like an actual character, I don't feel comfortable eliminating the few character driven design choices he has. What makes things like Johns' take on Green Lantern great is when you consolidate the existing elements of the mythology to push it forward. When approaching John's character, from his personality to his character design, you should take a holistic approach to him so he can feel more real and fleshed out. I think the moment we throw gloves back on him, might as well slap a mask on him too and start from scratch while we're at it.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-03-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    John will be appearing in the new Green Lantern: Legacy OGN.

Cool. I wasn't sure if they would acknowledge the other Earth GL's at all in this .
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

And his pairing with Barry in the JL/Doom war is kinda strange as well. You have Diana, Bats and Supes on one team, very, very powerful. And then there's John and Barry. Are they considering those two just as powerful?
    On-paper Flash and GL are godlike powerful if they actually apply themselves that way.

But they're probably just paired because they're Flash and GL.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I like the slight modifications to his costume here. Would be complete with the black gloves
    Isn't basically the New 52 look? It seems like it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    This reminds me that they had DCAU John be a big fan of the JSA stand-in they had on Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me that they had DCAU John be a big fan of the JSA stand-in they had on Justice League.
    this arc is definitely Snyder's take on the Legends episode, I think John and Wally had major roles in that episode too; I know John had a very memorable moment with "the Streak" regarding microaggressions. I wonder if Snyder would go there in this arc, but I'm doubtful. my hope is that he can deliver some good John content and some kind of answers or acknowledgement of whatever is going on with his ring/physiology situation.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I know I'm in the minority wanting John to go back to the mask and white gloves.

JohnStewart15.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority wanting John to go back to the mask and white gloves.

JohnStewart15.jpg
    I preferred it when he wore the mask, too. Though I would change it black to better highlight the green eyes. Everyone knowing who John Stewart is has not been used enough as a plot point to make it vital to the character, IMO, and him not wearing gloves certainly hasn't. Those are just interesting bits of trivia, so I wouldn't mind if he wore gloves or a mask.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I preferred it when he wore the mask, too. Though I would change it black to better highlight the green eyes. Everyone knowing who John Stewart is has not been used enough as a plot point to make it vital to the character, IMO, and him not wearing gloves certainly hasn't. Those are just interesting bits of trivia, so I wouldn't mind if he wore gloves or a mask.
    The maskless version is probably his most iconic and popular apperance though, largely thanks to the DCAU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The maskless version is probably his most iconic and popular apperance though, largely thanks to the DCAU.

Ugh x____x
    When John Stewart took on Generic Black Man Look #3 (bald head with goatee), is when I stopped liking that show. Not entirely because of that factor, but it was certainly a contributor.

I totally understand that. I don't blame anyone for preferring that look.

Like I said before, I feel the maskless look holds the character back because artists don't always draw him with the glowing green pupils like the pic above, thus rendering his appearance dull since he has regular eyes. The mask would be a constant, so they can draw his eyes however they want because there would always be a splash of green on his face. Hal, Kyle, and Alan all have masks which give them the classic "superhero white eyes" look, which I feel fits with the total leading GL design and adds a sense of intrigue and fun to the suit.

For any Power Rangers/Super Sentai fans on here, I find this situation similar to the Gekiranger/Jungle Fury suits. Yeah, I get that they were going for Bruce Lee-esque body suits like the yellow one he wore because it was a Kung-Fu themed season, they are unique and stand out from the rest of the suits, but they just feel like they're missing design aspects that are staples to the ranger look (belts/boots instead of shoes).

All just my own preferences though.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    this arc is definitely Snyder's take on the Legends episode, I think John and Wally had major roles in that episode too; I know John had a very memorable moment with "the Streak" regarding microaggressions. I wonder if Snyder would go there in this arc, but I'm doubtful. my hope is that he can deliver some good John content and some kind of answers or acknowledgement of whatever is going on with his ring/physiology situation.
    That bit was pretty funny, I didn't understand it till I got older though lol. I sure do hope we get a similar story here, anything to help readers relate to John more.

I'm glad they did this, mask and gloves looks horrendous to me
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    John will be appearing in the new Green Lantern: Legacy OGN.

I guess i'll be tuning in for this
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Ugh x____x
    When John Stewart took on Generic Black Man Look #3 (bald head with goatee), is when I stopped liking that show. Not entirely because of that factor, but it was certainly a contributor.
    I liked the change in JL:TAS because it really, really specifically reminded me of Ben Sisko on DS9. There's a lot of correlation of character archetypes there that I think a good Green Lantern writer could absorb and work with. Mosaic being akin to a space station, building things, activism, and the ... contrast? ... the interrelation of a military lifestyle for a soulful guy, even evolving into a storyline where military, political and governmental policies are directly at odds with hands on, real life magical religious cosmic important stuff.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com