Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Katma likely isn't returning. Romance-wise, if DC was anal about me using Hawkgirl, I'd probably pair John Stewart with Harbinger from Crisis on Infinite Earths, borrowing the idea of his Arrow counterpart (or whatever he's supposed to be) being paired with Harbinger's Arrow counterpart.

But more importantly, I think that's a character that could not only keep pace with John Stewart in cosmic adventures, but could even open up a lot more possibilities. Also, I actually really do think she's an interesting concept and she's quite underutilized. Furthermore using another GL would be boring, predictable, and wouldn't really open up as many storytelling possibilities...at least not at face value.

Well...that's at least the whim I'm feeling right now. My mind might be someplace else entirely in the future. However, I do think that nugget of suggestion that Arrow weirdly placed is pretty fascinating and worth playing around with in comics.
    John Diggle is not and never was intended to be John Stewart's counterpart.

Eh the Arrowverse retcons characters or introduces alternate counterparts all the time. Like Barry's father being Jay Garrick on Earth-3 or Brandon Routh playing Ray Palmer on Earth-1, yet his counterpart being the Kingdom Come Superman just because Routh played Superman in the past. John Diggle of Earth-1 isn't meant to be John Stewart but some of the other Diggles out there probably are. I'm no fan of this type of storytelling where they develop original characters for many seasons and then in the last few episodes suddenly reveal some forced connection between said character and another character from the comics, but for this universe it's nothing new. They've been doing it for years.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-17-2019 at 11:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Once Black Panther got cast John was the other big black superhero role left lol.
    Michael Jai White voiced Doomsday in the DCAU and John Stewart in Justice League Heroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    John Diggle is not and never was intended to be John Stewart's counterpart.
    What you're saying is false, otherwise Flash wouldn't have have asked Diggle where his ring is. There's obviously some connection between John Diggle and John Stewart. Just the courting and Easter eggs suggesting or toying with the idea is enough to make a connection between the two.

Interestingly, Harbinger is actually the perfect character to explore the idea of alternate counterparts.

BANNED

So it looks like Scott Snyder is having his final issue in January of next year. I guess that will be my last DC read, because I'm pretty much through afterwards.

I certainly don't have any interest in this 5G lineup, John Stewart being either in limbo or playing some background inferior character to another Green Lantern. It's not worth it, so it's time for me to move on and stick to other comics I'm reading.

DC has an answer right there in front of them, but they rather create new characters than to capitalize on the existing ones. Pathetic

What you're saying is false, otherwise Flash wouldn't have have asked Diggle where his ring is. There's obviously some connection between John Diggle and John Stewart. Just the courting and Easter eggs suggesting or toying with the idea is enough to make a connection between the two.

Interestingly, Harbinger is actually the perfect character to explore the idea of alternate counterparts.
    Not only this, but the guys who played Jay Garrick, John Diggle, and Arrow were posting John Stewart justice league gifs on twitter. So it's pretty obvious.

The January solicitations are really weird. I thought Snyder previously said he was doing 50 issues on JL, now suddenly he's gone. Bat/Cat was supposed to start in January, yet it's not there. They were supposed to drop the bi-monthly schedule in January, yet they still have bi-monthly titles. I don't know what's going on with DC's management but it doesn't seem particularly exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The January solicitations are really weird. I thought Snyder previously said he was doing 50 issues on JL, now suddenly he's gone. Bat/Cat was supposed to start in January, yet it's not there. They were supposed to drop the bi-monthly schedule in January, yet they still have bi-monthly titles. I don't know what's going on with DC's management but it doesn't seem particularly exciting.
    Their management is ridiculous. I think the worst is yet to come. And they deserve it.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Their management is ridiculous. I think the worst is yet to come. And they deserve it.
    It's sad. So sad.

I have no idea how DiDio still has a job.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    It's sad. So sad.

DC is in dire need of new creative leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    It's sad. So sad.

It's beyond me on why he's still there. He really needs to just go away and let DC be in a better place.

I feel guys like him could've done way better to the popular existing black DC characters. What him, Geoff Johns, and those editors did are a disgrace. A real embarrassment. Him and others at DC could've done way better, but didn't.

If DC's next big push ever flops, then hopefully he'll be gone by then.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 10-18-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    DC is in dire need of new creative leadership.
    I completely agree.
    I've always been a fan of Jim Lee and I see him as the lesser issue and I honestly believe DiDio is the majority of the issue with DC right now. Although at this point, I think a fresh, clean slate across the board would go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It's beyond me on why he's still there. He really needs to just go away and let DC be in a better place.

I feel guys like him could've done way better to the popular existing black DC characters. What him, Geoff Johns, and those editors did are a disgrace. A real embarrassment. Him and others at DC could've done way better, but didn't.

If DC's next big push ever flops, then hopefully he'll be gone by then.
    Couldn't have put it better.

It's astounded me why Vixen, John, Cyborg, even Martian Manhunter to a degree in this conversation (and I know there's plenty others) haven't received pushes and been included in more. I don't think there's anything nefarious behind it, I simply think they're focused on everything else to prioritize these other characters.

There is an alternate universe where Bruce Wayne is a Green Lantern but no one thinks Bruce is Hal's alternate self. Diggle being Stewart was a wild fan theory that got the creators' attention and they gave a nod to it in the episode. That's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Diggle being Stewart was a wild fan theory that got the creators' attention and they gave a nod to it in the episode. That's it.
    There you go. Connection made.