Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1538
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    It's sad. So sad.

I have no idea how DiDio still has a job.
    If your bosses only care about BATMAN and his select friends. Dan has done his job. Even as a lot of it comes at the EXPENSE of others.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    You are kidding right John didn't even get half of the push cyborg gets,let's not mention that he got two solo series and always being in a league book while appearing in outside media like animated TV shows,films and the justice league movie and possibly a solo movie in the future I will totally agree with Vixen and Martin manhunter is the central character in the snyder run so he's fine right now if you ask me characters like steel and bronze tiger are treated way worse.
    Yea, I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If your bosses only care about BATMAN and his select friends. Dan has done his job. Even as a lot of it comes at the EXPENSE of others.
    Yea. And the crazy thing that a few have already touched on here is that Batman is a character that sells himself. There's no need to sell out on that IP the way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    The funniest thing is DC's management picks and chooses who gets to stick around. They'll let certain characters get canceled again and again or have middling sales and there's no talk about killing them off. Hell they'll do ANYTHING to get them over and yet I have never seen them go to bat to that level for any character that was Bronze Age or later which they didn't have a direct hand in creating. I don't even get mad anymore because every time DC takes an L I just laugh and laugh and laugh.

What's even stranger is before Johns came onto GL they had human GLs with the GLC before Hal who existed in colonial times or in feudal China (two examples I can think of) but they got retconned out. I think the Far Sector GL is in the future (not sure) so at least that's one less one in the present day on Earth but then there's seven more and Teen Lantern as well. They could have at least made some of them not from the USA or from different time periods but that was never even considered.

As far as John Stewart goes I quit caring when they removed Van Jensen from GLC. Then the editorial (I'm guessing) put John, Jruk, Arisia, and them in that foolish Lost Army book and then proceeded to cancel it. Every thing I've read in this thread since just cements that it was the right decision to give up on DC doing anything worthwhile with John. There's more variety these days if you want to read Black characters and that is what I have chosen to do. Maybe someday DC will finally get rid of Dan Didio, Geoff Johns, Bob Harras, Jim Lee and the like but if harboring a sexual harasser and bungling stuff year after year after year couldn't do it I don't know what could.
    Van Jensen's run on GLC was good. That was a good book I enjoyed reading. And speaking Van Jensen, he said this recently on twitter:

Screenshot 2019-10-16 19.27.54.jpg

It's really sad that DC won't hire him again and write a John Stewart book. He would be at the top of the list for me if someone was hired to write a John Stewart solo book. You can tell that he's very fond of the John Stewart character and really invest heavily into the character, unlike most DC writers who wrote John in the past. So it's not surprising that John Stewart is his favorite DC Comics character.

As I said earlier, I'm hoping that those guys leave. I'm tired of them and they seem to be an issue when it comes to black existing characters. I have literally zero respect for Geoff Johns and Dan Didio.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Yeah, I'd say that is probably John Stewart's best run, if you don't count the first two seasons of JL toons.

After that, I'd say Mosaic, and then the Van Jensen run. Lastly, Lost Army (which is not really good). Nothing else with John is really worth reading for a good John Stewart experience. Certainly nothing Johns or Tomasi, or Bedard wrote, and a John Stewart fan can just skip Darkstars and the entire Kyle Rayner era. Unfortunately, like you mentioned, John Stewart's runs are always very short, but there are a couple really good ones in there. the 80s run and Mosaic are really good, IMO. Jensen is okay. Not bad, but not great, and Lost Army is just not that good, especially since it doesn't finish.
    Very true. I feel I lost a lot of money looking for a great John Stewart reading experience. I did not complete the Van Jensen run, due to the constant crossovers. But he was clearly the last good writer for John Stewart (and look how long ago that was).

I'm gonna skip on the Moasaic run due to the writer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Very true. I feel I lost a lot of money looking for a great John Stewart reading experience. I did not complete the Van Jensen run, due to the constant crossovers. But he was clearly the last good writer for John Stewart (and look how long ago that was).

I'm gonna skip on the Moasaic run due to the writer.
    Understandable on all accounts.

A John fan can skip all the Kyle era and Geoff Johns era and not miss anything, and it's probably better that they do, because the portrayal of the character is really bad. Back to back that's like 20 years worth of comics o__O
    Goes to show how unimportant John Stewart really is in the grand scheme of Green Lantern.

I like Jensen's stuff and had a lot of fun with it as it was coming out, but I find I have little interest in revisiting it lately, because of all the crossovers and knowing now that it really doesn't go anywhere special. I actually try to read Lost Army sometimes, but I give up because, again, I know it literally won't finish and the story is kind of boring. Too much aimless wandering around without any well defined antagonist.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-24-2019 at 04:49 PM.

BANNED

Current rumor is that JJ Abrams will be rebooting both Superman and Green Lantern, and that these films, along with Suicide Squad, will be set in the same universe as Matt Reeves's The Batman. Earliest we would hear about any of this actually being true would be SDCC. If he had to pick between the two, I imagine he'd go with Superman, as it's a bigger brand and different from his previous film work. Still, imagining a GL hanging out with Pattinson Batman had me thinking of who'd be a good fit for the role. Someone whose name could help get the film financed and enhance its probability of success. The most obvious answer seems to be Michael B. Jordan-- International name recognition, an interest in geek properties, and about the same age and height as Pattinson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Current rumor is that JJ Abrams will be rebooting both Superman and Green Lantern, and that these films, along with Suicide Squad, will be set in the same universe as Matt Reeves's The Batman.
    There a link?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Current rumor is that JJ Abrams will be rebooting both Superman and Green Lantern, and that these films, along with Suicide Squad, will be set in the same universe as Matt Reeves's The Batman. Earliest we would hear about any of this actually being true would be SDCC. If he had to pick between the two, I imagine he'd go with Superman, as it's a bigger brand and different from his previous film work. Still, imagining a GL hanging out with Pattinson Batman had me thinking of who'd be a good fit for the role. Someone whose name could help get the film financed and enhance its probability of success. The most obvious answer seems to be Michael B. Jordan-- International name recognition, an interest in geek properties, and about the same age and height as Pattinson.

Helps that Killmonger is dead (unless he shows up in the ancestral plane in BP2). My top choice would still be Trevante Rhodes but I’d be ok with MBJ. Plus they can still keep Gadot’s WW since Patty Jenkins said that WW84 is gonna be sort of a stand alone adventure. It’s should be really easy to have her alongside the new Superman and Batman.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    There a link?
    Not sure if it originated from there, but WeGotThisCovered mentioned that too, with Bradley Cooper and MBJ allegedly being eyed for Jordan and Stewart.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-28-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not sure if it originated from there, but WeGotThisCovered mentioned that too, with Bradley Cooper and MBJ allegedly being eyed for Jordan and Stewart.
    WGTC posts nothing but bullshit. The fact that Guillermo Del Toro once called them out on Twitter for lying about him directing a live action Disney remake should tell you everything you need to know about how credible they are as a source.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    WGTC posts nothing but bullshit. The fact that Guillermo Del Toro once called them out on Twitter for lying about him directing a live action Disney remake should tell you everything you need to know about how credible they are as a source.
    To be fair some of the earliest reports about The Mandarin being the main villain in the upcoming Shang-Chi movie originally came from them. So maybe they're not a completely untrustworthy source, just one that should always be taken with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-28-2019 at 04:01 PM.

BANNED

I'm past all the rumors at this point. They're not even worth considering and speculating on for me. I'm basically looking at Green Lantern as nothing is being done with it until I see actual official casting. Even announcements from WB don't mean anything is actually being done with it. Movie was supposed to come out in 2020. Yeah, right. And I remember when people thought 2020 was way too long a wait. Now, it's nearly here.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not sure if it originated from there, but WeGotThisCovered mentioned that too
    Ah, so we can safely dismiss it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I'm past all the rumors at this point. They're not even worth considering and speculating on for me. I'm basically looking at Green Lantern as nothing is being done with it until I see actual official casting. Even announcements from WB don't mean anything is actually being done with it. Movie was supposed to come out in 2020. Yeah, right. And I remember when people thought 2020 was way too long a wait. Now, it's nearly here.
    Yea I agree. I’m no longer interested in GL rumors. That’s been going on like what, 5 years already?