Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1538
    Extraordinary Member

Speaking of more upcoming diversity in film.
    Into the spider verse 2 date is known by the way.
    I wonder if spiderman 2099 and silk will still have there own films coming up,animated or live action.
    I know there was talk of a silk live action film from sony and she does have her own comics like spiderman 2099 and miles morales.

BANNED

I doubt any movie director will want his or her hands tied by the continuity of a tv show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I doubt any movie director will want his or her hands tied by the continuity of a tv show.
    Like Superman, I'm pretty sure the TV show is happening precisely because the movie has stalled out again.

Ultimate Member

Star Trek says HI

You can do it. The last three Next Generation films found a way to include Worf and Voyager did reference First Contact.

IDW's Trek-has stuff happen in between the movies or did something happening before them. Like Spock's ship from 2009 Trek being designed by Laforge in the prequel to that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    My general thought at this point is ambivalence. I don't know anything about the show, except that Greg Berlanti is working on it, and I haven't enjoyed his work. Chances are I won't watch the show, because I don't plan on getting that HBO streaming service, and I don't watch any of these DC shows. Somehow, I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Or, to be a bit more fair, I just have no interest in pursuing them.

About how this may affect Diggle...I believe that had Green Lantern not had an embargo on it, the show runners would have specified the connection between John Stewart and John Diggle more explicitly, and would have taken advantage of it more. This whole time, I don't think WB knew what to do with GL, and went back and forth on whether they were or were not planning a film for it. The answer now seems to be "no." AT&T is in charge and they are interested in this streaming thing, so this show is probably just what Green Lantern fans are going to get. Like some other posters mentioned elsewhere, I would probably be more excited if the show was a 2D animation. I miss (good) action cartoons. They are very rare these days. And traditional hand drawn 2D ones are basically just not made anymore. Maybe I'm nuts, but I actually think the stuff from back in the 80s, like the Japanese OVA's, actually often look better than a lot of the digital stuff (and especially the 3D stuff) that you see today. Like Starlight Angel, for example. If I was to have a cartoon show done, if I could, I would love for it to go more in this direction. Nothing seems to do that anymore:

But now I'm talking about something different...
    Rather than worry about John Diggle, in particular, it will be interesting to see how or if John Stewart plays into this show. But, ultimately, I'm not especially interested at this point in the show.
    Since I've been a fan of Japanese animation, I would probably prefer them to go in some 2D animation. I would love to see John using some cool looking constructs there. It would be way better than 3D animation, imo. That's one of the main reasons why I had no interest in the Green Lantern animated series, because it was in 3D. If John is the star of the show, I wonder whether Katma would be in there? Other than that, I'm not really particularly excited for the announcement. It's too early for me to hold my decisions on whether the show would catch my interest or not.

It seems like there's really no plans for a live action Green Lantern Corps film. I'm assuming whatever script that Geoff Johns wrote has probably got shot down by WB or something. We would've heard something right about now if otherwise. The Green Lantern franchise to me right now is very stale and a less valuable concept.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Star Trek says HI

You can do it. The last three Next Generation films found a way to include Worf and Voyager did reference First Contact.

IDW's Trek-has stuff happen in between the movies or did something happening before them. Like Spock's ship from 2009 Trek being designed by Laforge in the prequel to that movie.
    A film serving as a sequel to a show is different than two projects being developed simultaneously. Superman Returns also says hi. Not to mention Batman Begins, which lead to the cancellation of a WB TV show based on a teen Bruce Wayne. DCEU and CW Flash also say hi.

Shows spinning off from movies are also different. See Marvel TV. Similar situation with video games.

Why waste good ideas and adaptations on a show that you can use for a movie? That's what executives think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Since I've been a fan of Japanese animation, I would probably prefer them to go in some 2D animation. I would love to see John using some cool looking constructs there. It would be way better than 3D animation, imo. That's one of the main reasons why I had no interest in the Green Lantern animated series, because it was in 3D. If John is the star of the show, I wonder whether Katma would be in there? Other than that, I'm not really particularly excited for the announcement. It's too early for me to hold my decisions on whether the show would catch my interest or not.

It seems like there's really no plans for a live action Green Lantern Corps film. I'm assuming whatever script that Geoff Johns wrote has probably got shot down by WB or something. We would've heard something right about now if otherwise. The Green Lantern franchise to me right now is very stale and a less valuable concept.
    The ideas themselves are becoming very generic. The MCU already has Hal Jordan in Carol Danvers and the GLC in the Nova Corps. The DCEU already has Namor in Aquaman. A hero fighting in a world war has already been done twice in the last 10 years. What will make these unique is having the characters you want to interact meet up or trying out elements of other genres. Nostalgia works too. Hopefully the rumor of JJ Abrams taking over Superman and Green Lantern, with those being set in the same continuity as the Batman, are true. Otherwise, WB will just be what Fox used to be.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-03-2019 at 01:08 PM.

the same way no movie director would want their hands tied by the continuity of a different movie franchise under the same film brand? If someone has a story to tell and is a competent creator they know how to get over themselves when dealing with a property that isn't theirs and skirt that line. Sure, there probably will be directors that don't want to collaborate with the TV arm but there will always be more than enough filmmakers looking to take up the challenge that another is too proud to. Also, with the rise of prestige television and TV becoming more and more cinematic, actors and writers already crossing between both mediums, plus (as mace11 pointed out) the fact that the MCU is already planning on doing this (WandaVision & Doctor Strange 2) and have been trying to do it for years, any filmmaker with that issue would be either too out-of-touch or simply short-sighted.

Again, this idea/thought experiment is just what i believe would be the most likely way we'll see John having a role of any real prominence in this Green Lantern show if the rumors are true that they want to focus on Kyle, realistically it's too early to tell what's gonna happen with this thing. This could be the Flarrowverse 2: Streaming Boogaloo, it could end up being an extension of the Titans/Doom Patrol universe, it could be connected to the long-rumors Green Lantern Corps film, or it could just be it's own insular standalone project that focuses on the entire Green Lantern mythos including John and the others; hell, it could be set in the Kryton (SYFY) universe. only time will tell.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    The way the business often works is that studios will buy scripts, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will actually make the movie. They just have a script ready in case they want to use it. They can also buy a script and choose not to use it even if they DO make the movie. They just get another script or have re-writes. Johns has written scripts for different thngs, like Metal Men, but there is no Metal Men movie, and there will likely never be in. There is probably a script floating around out there, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the same way no movie director would want their hands tied by the continuity of a different movie franchise under the same film brand? If someone has a story to tell and is a competent creator they know how to get over themselves when dealing with a property that isn't theirs and skirt that line. Sure, there probably will be directors that don't want to collaborate with the TV arm but there will always be more than enough filmmakers looking to take up the challenge that another is too proud to. Also, with the rise of prestige television and TV becoming more and more cinematic, actors and writers already crossing between both mediums, plus (as mace11 pointed out) the fact that the MCU is already planning on doing this (WandaVision & Doctor Strange 2) and have been trying to do it for years, any filmmaker with that issue would be either too out-of-touch or simply short-sighted.

Again, this idea/thought experiment is just what i believe would be the most likely way we'll see John having a role of any real prominence in this Green Lantern show if the rumors are true that they want to focus on Kyle, realistically it's too early to tell what's gonna happen with this thing. This could be the Flarrowverse 2: Streaming Boogaloo, it could end up being an extension of the Titans/Doom Patrol universe, it could be connected to the long-rumors Green Lantern Corps film, or it could just be it's own insular standalone project that focuses on the entire Green Lantern mythos including John and the others; hell, it could be set in the Kryton (SYFY) universe. only time will tell.
    There's a difference between coordinating within a move studio alone and having a movie studio coordinate regularly with a TV studio actively creating content while your films are in development. Agents of Shield wasn't about Captain America's adventures between movies. Even if Feige let Captain America appear on the show and Chris Evans took a pay cut for non-film appearances, that level of coordination would be annoying for a creator. It would also make it more difficult for film makers to pitch fresh ideas. Marvel has even said that its future film phases won't be as interconnected. Sure characters are in the same universe, but that doesn't mean lead characters will continue to jump between mediums or that films will continue to have the same cast sizes as Endgame, for example. I doubt Sam and Bucky will lead films down the line since they will have their own show. Willing to bet if they appear in future Avengers films, they probably won't be the central focus--even if Sam were to lead the team. The bigger things get, the harder they are to manage. I doubt a Green Lantern TV show would be connected in any way to a future Green Lantern film. And we're not even getting into scaring off audiences from watching a movie because they're afraid of not being caught up with the show. The Star Trek TNG films, Serenity/Firefly, El Camino, and Sex and the City aren't the billion dollar movies studios are looking for.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-03-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    The way the business often works is that studios will buy scripts, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will actually make the movie. They just have a script ready in case they want to use it. They can also buy a script and choose not to use it even if they DO make the movie. They just get another script or have re-writes. Johns has written scripts for different thngs, like Metal Men, but there is no Metal Men movie, and there will likely never be in. There is probably a script floating around out there, though.
    That's something I didn't know. Didn't know how that works. I'm very ignorant in that area.

Ultimate Member

I doubt Sam and Bucky will lead films down the line since they will have their own show. Willing to bet if they appear in future Avengers films, they probably won't be the central focus--even if Sam were to lead the team. The bigger things get, the harder they are to manage. I doubt a Green Lantern TV show would be connected in any way to a future Green Lantern film. And we're not even getting into scaring off audiences from watching a movie because they're afraid of not being caught up with the show. The Star Trek TNG films, Serenity/Firefly, El Camino, and Sex and the City aren't the billion dollar movies studios are looking for.
    Yet some of them have done better than others like John Carter & Green Lantern. Who were suppose to be billion dollar franchises.

I am sure Paramount is not willing to give up 7 tv shows, 13 movies, 1000+ comics books, 2000+ novels, merchandise & contributions to society to be where Green Lantern is now. NOT.

That's something I didn't know. Didn't know how that works. I'm very ignorant in that area.
    Listen to some of the commentary on some of theses films. You will be amazed at what started as what.

Best example-Masters of the Universe 2 that followed the 1986 film. You might know it as Cyborg (1989).
    1980s Flash Gordon had a sequel. It's called Defenders of the Earth cartoon show. It just took 6 years to do it.

On a tv level-best example- What's Happening tv show. That was suppose to be in the same era as Happy Days with a black cast. ABC greenlighted a pilot called Cooley High. Both got rejected and then merged together. With a credit to Cooley High's creator.

BANNED

No one said they would cancel their shows, but time will tell if a film version of a character (as in no change in actors) will appear on his own show between his own films. Simultaneous depictions by different actors has already happened.

BANNED