Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Dumont's posted a variety of things today, but this one seems the most relevant to me. It further illustrates interest in and support for the sisters.

And it pairs with...

After a bad week last week (mostly offline reasons), seeing things like this is very uplifting for me. It cues into the promise of their potential together, and seeing that in the fandom despite Marvel not seeing it means a lot.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Thanks Salarta continued recopilation Comicon

Repost clasic moment

Last edited by juan678; 08-26-2019 at 03:12 AM.

WandaVison poster
    EC3D0t8UYAAhyLs.jpg
    A sitcom House of M?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    WandaVison poster
    EC3D0t8UYAAhyLs.jpg
    A sitcom House of M?
    Since it's said to be based on The Vision, and Vision and the Scarlet Witch, unlikely. It might do some of the icky Byrne stuff (I hope not), but definitely not the Bendis stuff. Seems more Englehart with a mixture of King.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Since it's said to be based on The Vision, and Vision and the Scarlet Witch, unlikely. It might do some of the icky Byrne stuff (I hope not), but definitely not the Bendis stuff. Seems more Englehart with a mixture of King.
    I heard that the series will involve a mix of classic comic stories and even Olsen said the series would have a more lighthearted Wanda but also more similar to her comic self.

This poster looks really interesting, it gives the feel of the classic Vision and The Scarlet Witch series but with an element of horror behind the suny picture, maybe Chton will make an appareance or we will know a little about Wanda´s relationship to him as well as her childhood, hence the shadows behind Wanda and Vision. Wanda powers seem to be the main thing supporting their perfect life which is more or less what was happening at the begining of House of M but I don´t see them doing HoM proper they will probably use the series to develop Wanda´s powers from being telequinetic into her chaos magic.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-25-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

The magic stuff will matter and get pushed..shes not gonna be stealing the show in Strange for no reason.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I still see no reason there is an either or situation of Wanda being a mutant or Wanda being a witch. There are mutants who practice magic (like Magik!). Why can’t Wanda be a mutant with probability manipulation from her father and witchcraft from her mother Magda/Natalya? Isn’t the reason behind Chthon choosing her as his vessel is that she is a child of science and magic? There’s no reason she can’t have Chthon and Agatha Harkness as part of her lore, as well as Magneto and her connection to mutantkind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I still see no reason there is an either or situation of Wanda being a mutant or Wanda being a witch. There are mutants who practice magic (like Magik!). Why can’t Wanda be a mutant with probability manipulation from her father and witchcraft from her mother Magda/Natalya? Isn’t the reason behind Chthon choosing her as his vessel is that she is a child of science and magic? There’s no reason she can’t have Chthon and Agatha Harkness as part of her lore, as well as Magneto and her connection to mutantkind.
    Because it makes things complicated and shift the focus to a part that is less important than it looks. (Mutant/Magneto part)
    Magik is an active part of X-Men, the mutant part actually means soemthing to her while the mutant part for Wanda is just, like a pointless tag sometimes.
    Her first two priorities are Avengers and mystical stuff.
    Sure they can do mutant stuff as well, but only after those two are established.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-25-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think this is the plan in the long term for her but I can see why they want to introduce the magical aspect in the series, it is very complicated and involves the need to address Wanda´s personal story, Chton, Agatha and given Vision is there maybe even their children will be introduced here, who knows probably even her mother and magneto will get mentions there but this can´t be made in just 1 movie a 6 hrs series can do this more easily. Her mutant/probability manipulation has already been hinted in civil war and infinity war imo they just need to introduce mutants to make it official.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Chthon chose her simply due to her scientific potential so he can make her a child of both magic and scienece.(Natalya came way later than Chthon, Chthon didn't choose her because she got a witch for mom.)
    But it's never really important, so is her “scientific” part.
    The core of Chthon/Wanda is that creator/creation conflict than why she was chosen at all.
    And again it goes down to “it doesn't add much.”

It depends on your reference. It was later stated that it's because she's a nexus being. But Wanda wasn't very involved in mutant stuff, so she may be just supernatural. There are so many mutants. And they will be coming a couple years after this phase is done. There will be plenty to fill their slate and then some, for probably the next couple of decades.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.