Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

I enjoyed Magneto's return with the X-Men in today's UNCANNY X-MEN #22; I was happy to see him posing with the team. I'm sort-of, maybe, okay with him being back in his classic colors. Maybe we can explain his attacks on the Hell Fire Club chapter houses at the end of Cullen Bunn's BLUE run as manipulation by Emma Frost via Briar? (At least, that's how I want to explain it.) Emma seems to have benefited greatly by the removal of the interim HFC Inner Circle; those people stood in her way.

I don't think Rosenberg's brief run was that bad, but the unnecessary deaths (including, especially, of Rahne) really make me angry. And Lorna was for the most part ignored.

By the way, what's with Lorna's first question upon her return: "Where is Alex?" Please, no, Marvel.

And this is why i love Magneto
    aox 29.jpg
    aox 30.jpg
    31.jpg
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    And this is why i love Magneto
    aox 29.jpg
    aox 30.jpg
    31.jpg
    Me too Zac Thompson really did a good job in writting him I love everything about this, Magneto and Nate may not be neccesary right but itīs understable that Nate coming from AoA and Magneto growing up in Nazi Germany, would dream of a world free of the evil they saw growing up, Magneto doesnīt agree or justifies Nate cutting out relationships, The secret police or the mental manipulations but gets why Nate did it in a way most X-men could not because heīs been there, he also has been the villain of the story, he knows he has to get back because itīs the responsible thing to do but finds time to thank Nate for his good intentions and canīt help but ask for a little back in return by having a part of himself living in a world in peace, he knows he will never get it in the real world. This also shows that when used right Magneto nuance can bring unexpected solutions even if he sacrifices something of him in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka
    I enjoyed Magneto's return with the X-Men in today's UNCANNY X-MEN #22; I was happy to see him posing with the team. I'm sort-of, maybe, okay with him being back in his classic colors. Maybe we can explain his attacks on the Hell Fire Club chapter houses at the end of Cullen Bunn's BLUE run as manipulation by Emma Frost via Briar? (At least, that's how I want to explain it.) Emma seems to have benefited greatly by the removal of the interim HFC Inner Circle; those people stood in her way.
    Well, knowing Emma, most people probably are thinking "attacks? What atacks?" I hope we see Briar at least a little during Hickmanīs run. She brings magneto some very needed fun and ocassionally good advice when sheīs not trying to manipulate him.

I don't think Rosenberg's brief run was that bad, but the unnecessary deaths (including, especially, of Rahne) really make me angry. And Lorna was for the most part ignored. By the way, what's with Lorna's first question upon her return: "Where is Alex?" Please, no, Marvel.
    Me too, I disliked Loa, Rahne, Joseph and Blindfold deaths the most, they felt made for shock value and completely unnecesary but Hickman is a really big fan of the New Mutants so I am sure we will see Rahne back in his run.

Agree with Lorna, seriously maverl, it should be a rule that Lorna should stop saying the word Alex in the next 10 years, Lorna is an individual character that has other things to think about besides Havok who by the way has not been the best of romantic partners for het tbqh, instead some character development personal and familiar and maybe a new romantic relationship would be nice, please and thank you.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-17-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Elizabeth Bloopers Avenges Endgame Trailer

WandaVision is coming in Spring 2021, and then Scarlet Witch will appear in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on May 7, 2021.

Polaris by Vinz ElTabanaz

spoilers:
    Mutants are united once again, but for how long? Powers of X I have come to be bet will deal with the results in a future world with a human/mutant war and mutants merging powers. I got a bit of a faction oriented political feel with the set up in the first issue with powerful families/Houses being set up among mutants to represent the tent poles of the new mutant order.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-27-2019 at 09:16 PM.

BANNED

I'm curious to what that House of M sector is about.

Lorna probably lives with Magneto along with some acolytes and maybe the children Magneto was rescuing before he was kiddnapped by Nate. Whatīs kind of interesting to me is that Exodus and Amelia Vogh have yet to join the Krakoa, which is strange given itīs similarities with Asteroid M, Avalon and Genosha. If they joined itīs probable they would live on the House of M sector.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

That was something I was wondering if they would load up the House of M with former alumni of previous attempts to build an ambitious mutant homeland?

Which characters would posters here like to show up in the HoM sector?

Astonishing Member

I really hope before the end of Hickman's run he restores Wanda and Pietro's mutant status.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I really hope before the end of Hickman's run he restores Wanda and Pietro's mutant status.
    That would probably take its own book to unscrew. A lot of plot threads were opened up that needs answering. Well next year is the fifteen anniversary of HoM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13
    Me too, I would really like to read Hickmanīs take on them.

Which characters would posters here like to show up in the HoM sector?
    - Lorna
    - Danger
    - Scanner
    - Briar: But I am not sure Magneto would make an exception for her
    - Frenzy
    - Exodus
    - Amelia
    - The New mutants: But I am sure they are in the House of X sector
    - Hope
    - Wanda and Pietro: If they ever get retconned again into being Magnetoīs children
    - Moira: Next HoX issue is about her, I would love to see her interact with Magneto again
    - visits from Scott, Jean, Ororo and maybe Rogue would be nice, I liked their recent interactions with Magneto so it would make sense to see them around sometimes imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-27-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Me too, I would really like to read Hickmanīs take on them.

- Lorna
    - Danger
    - Scanner
    - Briar: But I am not sure Magneto would make an exception for her
    - Frenzy
    - Exodus
    - Amelia
    - The New mutants: But I am sure they are in the House of X sector
    - Hope
    - Wanda and Pietro: If they ever get retconned again into being Magnetoīs children
    - Moira: Next HoX issue is about her, I would love to see her interact with Magneto again
    - visits from Scott, Jean, Ororo and maybe Rogue would be nice, I liked their recent interactions with Magneto so it would make sense to see them around sometimes imo.
    Interesting? Why Hope?

In terms of Wanda and Pietro they will be retconned to Magneto’s kids again. There is money to be made in it and the rational for keeping them apart is gone.

Now that I think about it in terms of the list Unuscione was recently saved in Blue by Lorna.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-27-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247
    In terms of Wanda and Pietro they will be retconned to Magneto’s kids again. There is money to be made in it and the rational for keeping them apart is gone.
    I agree, I just wish marvel would do it already instead they keep teasing us

Here were the members of Magneto’s 90s Mutant nationalism teams. Unuscione was recently saved in Blue by Lorna.
    Yes, I hope to see most of them on the HoM sector

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Interesting? Why Hope?
    I suppose that the House of M sector would have people associated with Magneto and visitors from other sectors and Hope is just nostalgia for the Utopia days from me mostly they used to have interesting conversations.