Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I talked to someone that said they saw an article where Marvel was considering House of M, and possibly bringing Polaris into WandaVision and the next Doctor Strange movie. I couldn't find any articles like it though.

I think it was unlikely for the family to be brought together via WandaVision. First, Marvel doesn't want to admit the real reason for the retcon, so they'll hold off on fixing it. Second, I think they'll want to introduce the X-Men franchise itself (or at least popular characters from it) before establishing things like the Magnus family. Sort of like establishing the Batman origin story before introducing Robin and Batgirl.

I heard WandaVision was mainly going to adapt from the Vision series. Which to me, sounds like using Wanda as a supporting character for Vision's stories. But that's all dependent on if what I heard is true.
    Considering WandaVision directly ties into Doctor Strange sequel and Wanda would be a main supporting character there, her screen time and prominence will be guaranteed.
    And really, usually in X-realted stories Wanda don't even get to be an average supporting character.
    WandaVision would be about Wanda and Vision, and if they need supporting characters, it would be the likes of Agatha, Simon, etc outside of other random MCU guests.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It would be nice if at least Quicksilver was mentioned or he made an appareance alive or as a memory, after all he was her brother in the MCU and the main reason why they killed him was because they thought he would be an obstacle for the Wanda and Vision couple. Maybe tell a story about Pietro and Wanda childhood.

About Magneto I am of two minds:

a) They make him the twins biological father and reveal it in the series to mirror the original "Vision and the Scarlet Witch series".

b) Magneto doesn´t appear at all in the series and he´s slowly introduced in the MCU by other means, maybe after the Eternals movie, a Wolverine movie, X-men movie or even a flash back from WWII with Captain America.

I heard the Russo brothers were interested in doing House of M but as things are now they will need to do a lot of worldbuilding or make radical changes to accomodate the story in the MCU. So not sure this is still in their plans.
    a) The thing is that you need to do the Nights of Wundagore story or something like that first, TBH, that actually add more to Wanda's lore than the simple fact who her dad is.
    b) Black Knight is confimred for Eternals played by Kit Harrington, so there is likely modern era stuff in Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If they do HoM, have Wanda far away from it. They could use any plot device in her place. In her limited time, it should be about her own stories. Not something that kept her in a coma, then as a mute princess. Just to form years of mutant storylines and throw Wanda in the fridge for years.
    My opinion of things is that House of M still using Wanda could be done better for her in the MCU - and would pretty much have to be. Because if it wasn't, there would be a lot of backlash. Marvel seems content with screwing up royally in the comics, but not so much when it's as high profile as the MCU films.

I'd be up for Lorna taking Wanda's place in such a scenario if Wanda fans really don't want it. Could push comics Marvel into acknowledging interest in Lorna, and do more with her in terms of powers.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    a) The thing is that you need to do the Nights of Wundagore story or something like that first, TBH, that actually add more to Wanda's lore than the simple fact who her dad is.
    b) Black Knight is confimred for Eternals played by Kit Harrington, so there is likely modern era stuff in Eternals.
    Given she´s going to be in a movie with Dr Strange I am almost sure we will see a MCU version of nights of wundagore, I just hope we also see an Agatha before Wanda goes to Strange.

My comment about Magneto was an answer to Witchfan but to be honest at this point is too early to say for sure IF Magneto is going to be Wanda and Pietro father in the MCU. He would have to be introduced in the MCU first.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

My opinion of things is that House of M still using Wanda could be done better for her in the MCU - and would pretty much have to be. Because if it wasn't, there would be a lot of backlash. Marvel seems content with screwing up royally in the comics, but not so much when it's as high profile as the MCU films.

I'd be up for Lorna taking Wanda's place in such a scenario if Wanda fans really don't want it. Could push comics Marvel into acknowledging interest in Lorna, and do more with her in terms of powers.
    I would be overjoyed to see the backlash of people who make bunch of dumb fan theories based on House of M, if they want a mutant extinction story, well, how many times have there been mutant extinction stories?
    It's not about doing it better, it's simply about HoM is never gonna make what Wanda is supposed to be, even if it's done better, people's impression of Wanda would get fixed, at least a little more fixed than it already is as the mentally deranged sad daughter.
    Either way it's a nail on the coffin to her classic self.
    If someone asks me to lie in a coffin, I would simply say no regardless of how comfortable and improved that coffin is.

Thank you, everyone gets what they want and go back to their own home franchise. I hope her previous history and characterization don't get overshadowed if this happens.

Extraordinary Member

Given she´s going to be in a movie with Dr Strange I am almost sure we will see a MCU version of nights of wundagore, I just hope we also see an Agatha before Wanda goes to Strange.

My comment about Magneto was an answer to Witchfan but to be honest at this point is too early to say for sure IF Magneto is going to be Wanda and Pietro father in the MCU. He would have to be introduced in the MCU first.
    I think Wanda would have to be somewhat exposed to magic before joining Stephen.
    Agatha, Modred, or both of them would probably do the job.

BANNED

Considering WandaVision directly ties into Doctor Strange sequel and Wanda would be a main supporting character there, her screen time and prominence will be guaranteed.
    And really, usually in X-realted stories Wanda don't even get to be an average supporting character.
    WandaVision would be about Wanda and Vision, and if they need supporting characters, it would be the likes of Agatha, Simon, etc outside of other random MCU guests.
    Yeah..Vision is definitely the side character in the show...Wanda has all the buzz from the movie and is where the money is.

BANNED

I would be overjoyed to see the backlash of people who make bunch of dumb fan theories based on House of M, if they want a mutant extinction story, well, how many times have there been mutant extinction stories?
    It's not about doing it better, it's simply about HoM is never gonna make what Wanda is supposed to be, even if it's done better, people's impression of Wanda would get fixed, at least a little more fixed than it already is as the mentally deranged sad daughter.
    If someone asks me to lie in a coffin, I would simply say no regardless of how comfortable and improved that coffin is.

Thank you, everyone gets what they want and go back to their own home franchise. I hope her previous history and characterization don't get overshadowed if this happens.
    House of M cant be dont like the comics..there is not gonna be psycho breakdown over false children. They'll think of something else but its TOO HUGE to ignore..its a story with ramifications that spanned 8 years for A plus characters. Wanda confronting Magneto in the MCU will be a huge moment and nothing can change that from happening.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hope they take their time. Not rush things, so everything ends up well. It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time, lol!
    Agreed I know they have to take their time to do it well but at the same time I really would like to know more about how they are going to do it

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash
    I think Wanda would have to be somewhat exposed to magic before joining Stephen.
    Agatha, Modred, or both of them would probably do the job.

Yes I think the series is mostly for her to develop the magical side of her powers which I hope means Agatha I like her better than Modred and she´s the kind of mentor you can´t tell if their intentions are fully good or if there´s something else for them in helping which would add good drama to the series, I like what I heard of it that it has sitcom and drama elements.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

When I say done better, I don't mean simply doing the same thing with a few touch-ups. I mean complete reinvention wherever necessary. A coffin stops being a coffin if it no longer has a lid and sides. As people know, I have little to no faith in Marvel these days. But I do have faith in the company behaving like all companies of its type, which means not wanting a massive scandal that kills revenue and future prospects. For that reason, I trust something as high-profile as a House of M film would go through a massive overhaul and lots of workshopping to cut out as much of the bad as they can see.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Agreed I know they have to take their time to do it well but at the same time I really would like to know more about how they are going to do it

Yes I think the series is mostly for her to develop the magical side of her powers which I hope means Agatha I like her better than Modred and she´s the kind of mentor you can´t tell if their intentions are fully good or if there´s something else for them in helping which would add good drama to the series, I like what I heard of it that it has sitcom and drama elements.
    Well, Agatha is kinda "clearly the good guy" to comic readers. It's Modred who has rather ambiguous allegiance since he can be a good guy if he was not under heavy Chthonic influence but he can also be doing Chthon's bidding.
    I would say keep both of them ambiguous but keep the general direction for their characters.
    When I say exposed to magic, I don't necessarily mean a mentor figure, Modred would simply be that lore explainer/truth reveal guy about Chthon for Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    House of M cant be dont like the comics..there is not gonna be psycho breakdown over false children. They'll think of something else but its TOO HUGE to ignore..its a story with ramifications that spanned 8 years for A plus characters. Wanda confronting Magneto in the MCU will be a huge moment and nothing can change that from happening.
    I want Chthon to ruin the concept of "father figure" for Wanda so she can ditch the pointless sentiment and just have an all-business relationship with Magneto.
    That is if that happens at all.

Extraordinary Member

When I say done better, I don't mean simply doing the same thing with a few touch-ups. I mean complete reinvention wherever necessary. A coffin stops being a coffin if it no longer has a lid and sides. As people know, I have little to no faith in Marvel these days. But I do have faith in the company behaving like all companies of its type, which means not wanting a massive scandal that kills revenue and future prospects. For that reason, I trust something as high-profile as a House of M film would go through a massive overhaul and lots of workshopping to cut out as much of the bad as they can see.
    As long as you keep that title, people are gonna get drawn to that awful OG story.
    And really House of M to me is one very unpleasant story with other less unpleasant elements, there are just very few to like for me personally.
    It would just be the simple basic dysfunctional family if I get to cut out all the unpleasant stuff.

What makes HoM HoM anyway?
    Outside of Wanda(and probably also Lorna for that matter) just being background furniture, I really dislike the concept of them as a royal family. (I am fine with Magneto be a monarch or whatever, it shouldn't extend to others though.)
    It gives off a forced legacy vibe.
    If they feel like to shed a new light on this family dynamic, it's important for me that they keep Wanda's ground, let her be what she earns for herself, whether it's an Avenger, or a sorceress.
    And their interactions will first be based off that fact, so no princess Wanda in any form.