Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I heard that the series will involve a mix of classic comic stories and even Olsen said the series would have a more lighthearted Wanda but also more similar to her comic self.

This poster looks really interesting, it gives the feel of the classic Vision and The Scarlet Witch series but with an element of horror behind the suny picture, maybe Chton will make an appareance or we will know a little about Wanda´s relationship to him as well as her childhood, hence the shadows behind Wanda and Vision. Wanda powers seem to be the main thing supporting their perfect life which is more or less what was happening at the begining of House of M but I don´t see them doing HoM proper they will probably use the series to develop Wanda´s powers from being telequinetic into her chaos magic.
    Chthon is so essential to her. And the whole vampires, witches, werewolves thing. It'd be amazing to see in a live action setting.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think this is the plan in the long term for her but I can see why they want to introduce the magical aspect in the series, it is very complicated and involves the need to address Wanda´s personal story, Chton, Agatha and given Vision is there maybe even their children will be introduced here, who knows probably even her mother and magneto will get mentions there but this can´t be made in just 1 movie a 6 hrs series can do this more easily. Her mutant/probability manipulation has already been hinted in civil war and infinity war imo they just need to introduce mutants to make it official.
    Just a reminder, but post-Busiek Wanda's mutant/genetic power is actually Energy Manipulation, both Probability Manipulation/Reality Warping are effect of Chaos Magic/Chthon influence.
    And PM/RW are actually more in line with Chthonic themes IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just a reminder, but post-Busiek Wanda's mutant/genetic power is actually Energy Manipulation, both Probability Manipulation/Reality Warping are effect of Chaos Magic/Chthon influence.
    And PM/RW are actually more in line with Chthonic themes IMO.
    This is true. Her mutant abilities were actually much weaker than her Chthonic ones.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Chthon is so essential to her. And the whole vampires, witches, werewolves thing. It'd be amazing to see in a live action setting.
    Yes, the series sounds like it will be a mix of Bewitched, Buffy and American horror story so you may be getting your wish

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash
    Just a reminder, but post-Busiek Wanda's mutant/genetic power is actually Energy Manipulation, both Probability Manipulation/Reality Warping are effect of Chaos Magic/Chthon influence. And PM/RW are actually more in line with Chthonic themes IMO.
    I know, I read that issue but imo when Agatha said that she said Wanda would have been an energy mutant without Chthon influence but she never said what type of energy manipulation, what I got from that explanation was that Wanda´s original mutant powers got mixed with Chthon´s magic so the probability manipulation could as well have been her original mutant power after all Domino also has probability manipulation that gives her "good luck".
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    This is true. Her mutant abilities were actually much weaker than her Chthonic ones.
    While it's never specifically stated I think her base mutant power functions as battery/wire in her power system.
    And Chthon probably give her that power because she can afford to use it with all that energy consumption.

Again about the reasoning of Chthon, it's not like that he got much of a choice, babies aren't born on Wundagore everyday and he cannot manifest on a regular basis either.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...ans-ms-marvel/
    And although not turned into human, prominent movie mutants Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were turned into non-mutants again, experimental subjects of the High Evolutionary as a result of all the internal Marvel politics. I understand that current management are planning to emphasise Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto’s family ties in 2020 – but plans may be on hold as a result of the WandaVision TV show on Disney+ so as not to confuse people further.

Extraordinary Member

If this is true I should be upset that this is probably why Wanda and Pietro haven't been in a comic in months, but as I said in another thread, I'm just too busy laughing at the idea of Cebulski trying to bring back the 90s/00s status quo and being foiled by MCU synergy.

The current Marvel management really does want it to be all X-Men all the time (not that I'm complaining; we went through a period when the Avengers were getting all the push, then the Inhumans, and now it's the X-Men).

Because of the debacle of them getting left out of "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" because they were already on "Wolverine & the X-Men" I'm generally very suspicious of Marvel's attempts to push the twins as Magneto's children first and foremost. I wouldn't mind if they just undid all the retcons and restored the way things were in the '90s, where they're Magneto's children but they mostly don't care about him unless it's relevant to the plot.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...ans-ms-marvel/
    And although not turned into human, prominent movie mutants Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were turned into non-mutants again, experimental subjects of the High Evolutionary as a result of all the internal Marvel politics. I understand that current management are planning to emphasise Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto’s family ties in 2020 – but plans may be on hold as a result of the WandaVision TV show on Disney+ so as not to confuse people further.
    Thank you Juan this are great news. Lest hope 2020 solicits confirm this.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Of course they were always going to be made his kids again. That's why I never paid attn to that retcon.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

This is rumor and hearsay, albeit from an expert in such matters. Until the retcon is explicitly and officially undone in the comics, I’m still going to sigh sadly and shake my head every time I remember the retcon is an official thing.

I wonder if the x-editors have faced resistance from the Avengers office about restoring their mutant ties?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

The Avengers office has had "dibs" on Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for a long time. Even Quicksilver, who has been in a lot more X-books than his sister. Remember that Peter David had to get permission from Tom Brevoort to use Pietro in "All-New X-Factor" and it was understood that when Brevoort wanted Pietro back, he would be pulled out of David's book (which he was, for "Axis" and the ensuing retcon that made nonsense out of all the stories David had been doing about Lorna, Pietro and Wanda's family ties).

I find it hard to believe that the X-office wouldn't have used Wanda for something after "House of M" if they'd been able to. Instead they could only show her as a (possible) amnesiac living in her home country, because that was the way "House of M" ended and the way "Children's Crusade" eventually began.

Even if Brevoort doesn't have anything to use them in (as he currently doesn't) editors are pretty territorial about the characters they control. None of the editors want a situation where any editor is free to use a character whatever way they like, so they all have to respect each other's boundaries to a certain extent. Even when Bob Harras was writing Avengers and editing X-Men, he was rarely able to use an X-Men character unless it was something he specifically didn't want to use in X-Men, like the Shi'ar.
    Last edited by gurkle; 08-27-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Avengers office has seen Wanda and Pietro as "theirs" for quite some time. It's also why Avengers side was trying to heavily pull Magneto in via Wanda and Pietro pre-retcon, and why during that time, a big chunk of why Brevoort bent over backwards to pretend Lorna wasn't part of the family. They'd like Magneto more in Avengers to raise their franchise's stock. Lorna and Wanda both being Magneto's daughters means stories with him could be told with both, not just one, meaning Avengers doesn't have a monopoly on his kids.

Of course, what I see as the most promising angle is Lorna and Wanda interacting with each other. But that requires a) the offices to work together toward mutual benefit, and b) the offices to acknowledge Lorna has worth. Which are both uphill battles with how Marvel culture's bred an attitude of possessiveness and competition over cooperation and making the most of what they all have.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)