Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Her Instagram fan page responses to that post are overwhelming in support of Emma and pro Lorna discovery. She did a great job.
    Emma did do a great job.

theladynerd: I'm so grateful (and still flabbergasted) I got to be a small part of that journey. You brought an edge to Lorna that no one else could. You brought her to life. And it was an honour to watch you do it. I may have taken notes....*hides the notebook under the stash of 5 million selfies we took* I'm so glad Polaris brought you into my life. ❤️

hayleylovitt: Love that this show came into your life and into mine as well. You were a phenomenal Polaris, no one could have played her better

https://www.instagram.com/emmadumont/
    Though nobody could redeem the trash she was given for a storyline in season two and most know that and Emma knows that. They are giving her kudos to the love and effort in to make the character work even though the S2 writing for her was irredeemable.

She at least had a solid character in the first season she could work with and she made national headlines as a character from USA Today to the Washington Post about one of the provocative characters on TV. The actress did the best she could with what she had given to her in any event.

Emma Frost I would say is nowhere near seen as the same level as Sinister or Apocalypse...especially mainstream wise with fans.

Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister have been the top 3 villains since the 80s at least. They had Sinister basically run Aeason 2 of the Fox Series and Apocalypse had major stories on the Fox version and on Evolution...Mystique gets pushed but shes more as a disguised nuisance that is a sidekick for Magneto or Apocalypse or ends up messing with Rogue.
    Apocalypse and Sinister are nowhere near as well known and popular among the masses as Emma, Magneto and Dark Phoenix.

Outside hard core X-Man fandom how many even know Sinister and Poccy? The most popular antagonists of the X-Men are not villains at least in the straight on sense.

Magneto and Emma are antagonists for the X-Men, but not villains in the same way. Emma by being the blocking force for Jean and Scott alone has been made central to the X-Men soap. Dark Phoenix is its own category of a power corrupted version of the first x-woman or let’s say the X-Men’s worst nightmare.

The House of M when they get the whole band together stands as one of the most formidable and interesting antagonist teams and certainly globally well known, but getting the band together is a once in a blood moon deal.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Awww.

I know many Polaris fans want Lorna’s time to arrive to be an X-Man in good standing and reclaim her 1969 role. I think that is gone, Storm has it and if Storm didn’t have it Rogue and several others would have it. But, I long believed the character can join the A list just not in the same fashion as ‘69. An antagonist, but not villain is a good way to describe it and it’s a good way to describe her at the high point of her popularity early last decade or The Gifted season one.

I have thought about it a fair bit and have figured out one of the core problems Marvel has with Lorna. On a protagonist team Lorna works very well as an aggressive proactive fringe perhaps one bad step from leaving and doing her own thing. But, they haven’t figured out how to thread the same needle when she is on antagonist teams.

Either she is fully controlled by Sinister or Poccy in which case her free will is zero or she is the easy to manipulate patsy of someone else as was the case in the Haven Saga or The Gifted season two.

The only antagonist teams so far that Lorna has been shown she functions well in without the writers warping the **** out of her to justify it are those run by Magneto.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-12-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Posting a few tweets I've had on my tabs so I can get my memory usage down.

This one really stood out for me for a couple reasons. One, despite Marvel trying to keep the family apart, and the comics claiming the twins aren't Magneto's kids, people are still picking up on the family. Two, they're also picking up on Lorna being the twins' sister - and the wording here is important. They could've said "Magneto has another daughter," but their focus was on the family as a family, not just "who gets to be Magneto's kid."

It shows how much potential there is in making the family whole, not excluding any of them. I also feel this shows that Lorna's inclusion is a way forward for better treatment of the twins as part of the family. The more characters in the family, the broader the options, the harder it is to mistakenly define them as just one relationship.

This one caught my eye because it's clearly coming from someone looking at Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch in the MCU and thinking it would be cool to have her real life sisters play her character's fictional sister. Yet the tweet also has me thinking of what it might be like to split Lorna into two characters.

Yet another case in a long line of cases of people who want to see more of Lorna, demonstrating fan interest that a certain editor at Marvel claims doesn't exist.

On Lorna and roles. As intro to the MCU, I think she should enter as she did. Didn't know she was a mutant, finds her place with the X-Men, introduced before Havok and allowed to establish who she is in her own right. Then it's down to how the story proceeds from there to differentiate Lorna from other characters. Purging all the bad bits, ultimately the core of Lorna's journey is discovering some ugly truths, going through some awful experiences, and ending up in inner conflict between Xavier and Magneto style philosophies - NOT because Magneto is her father, but because of what she's been through. This would in turn make her an example of how Xavier's philosophy isn't always perfect, and doesn't always apply to all situations. It's one thing to have Magneto on an opposing side. It's another to have someone who was a believer at one point, someone who at first might be seen as a match with Jean, split from the notion.

This differentiates her from all the other characters who come to be heavily associated with the X-Men. Those characters don't have the sort of philosophical crisis that Lorna's had.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-12-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Emma did do a great job.

Though nobody could redeem the trash she was given for a storyline in season two and most know that and Emma knows that. They are giving her kudos to the love and effort in to make the character work even though the S2 writing for her was irredeemable.

She at least had a solid character in the first season she could work with and she made national headlines as a character from USA Today to the Washington Post about one of the provocative characters on TV. The actress did the best she could with what she had given to her in any event.

Apocalypse and Sinister are nowhere near as well known and popular among the masses as Emma, Magneto and Dark Phoenix.

Outside hard core X-Man fandom how many even know Sinister and Poccy? The most popular antagonists of the X-Men are not villains at least in the straight on sense.

Magneto and Emma are antagonists for the X-Men, but not villains in the same way. Emma by being the blocking force for Jean and Scott alone has been made central to the X-Men soap. Dark Phoenix is its own category of a power corrupted version of the first x-woman or let’s say the X-Men’s worst nightmare.

The House of M when they get the whole band together stands as one of the most formidable and interesting antagonist teams and certainly globally well known, but getting the band together is a once in a blood moon deal.

Awww.

I know many Polaris fans want Lorna’s time to arrive to be an X-Man in good standing and reclaim her 1969 role. I think that is gone, Storm has it and if Storm didn’t have it Rogue and several others would have it. But, I long believed the character can join the A list just not in the same fashion as ‘69. An antagonist, but not villain is a good way to describe it and it’s a good way to describe her at the high point of her popularity early last decade or The Gifted season one.

I have thought about it a fair bit and have figured out one of the core problems Marvel has with Lorna. On a protagonist team Lorna works very well as an aggressive proactive fringe perhaps one bad step from leaving and doing her own thing. But, they haven’t figured out how to thread the same needle when she is on antagonist teams.

Either she is fully controlled by Sinister or Poccy in which case her free will is zero or she is the easy to manipulate patsy of someone else as was the case in the Haven Saga or The Gifted season two.

The only antagonist teams so far that Lorna has been shown she functions well in without the writers warping the **** out of her to justify it are those run by Magneto.
    Huh? Interesting...everyone wanted a Age of Apocalypse movie or animated movie for years...that's why there was such disappointment with the Apocalypse movie..comparing his look to the Power Rangers movie. Emma Frost? She only got pushed during the Morrison era and basically just to lay in bed while Cyclops smiled all the time. That was it. Sinister is behind the Mutant Massacre, creating Madelyne which is responsible for Cable and Styfe existing, the Marauders, Gambit turning heel, etc. Apocalypse is tied to Angel, Sinister, the Summers, Kang..Emma was just in Gen X just wasting time really. She is nowhere near as mainstream as Apocalypse..he's on video games and has multiple vocal point stories and animated features.

Emma? Pre Jean death? She was basically a nobody...lol. You say central? Only since 2004.

Dark Phoenix? Sure they run back to that story alot but oddly enough, it usually lacks the star Jean Grey.

As for Magneto? He's a A list icon and a different level..only Storm and Wolverine in the X universe is near his exposure and presence. The highest selling comic ever is a Magneto Claremont story. I would say from where I'm standing..Magneto and Spider Man are probably the greatest two characters in Marvel history.

House of M was so big they even brought back again in that Secret Wars saga with Doom..it was basically formatted on TV too for the Wolverine and X men show. Magneto ruled Genosha as Wanda and Lorna were the Princesses of Genosha..except Wanda was more hands on and Magneto's right hand and Lorna was more protected.

Age of Apocalypse was a great story arc, but more because how it impacted other characters less because Apocalypse who is a really one dimensional villain managed to interest fans. Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War was a deep and complex villain who captured the imagination of fans. I think Singer forgot this when directing the Apocalypse centric film, he also tried too hard to replicate the MCU formula without really understanding it and the reviewers burned the films ass hard over it.

Singer was a good director, but he was never given anything like the power at Fox that Kevin F. has with the MCU and he had to get Disney to give him that power over Marvel’s CEO. Singer also never had the quality scripts to work with.

DOFP, The Gifted episode one, X2, etc. Singer could direct, but without a great script to go along with his films and good planning things didn’t go too well.

Other characters carried Age of Apocalypse (though Poccy helped facilitate the story certain), the family drama carried House of M.

In terms of the Lorna and Jean issue.

I agree that it should start like it did in the beginning, but it can't be like it was in 1968 of being purely about Lorna behind Magneto because he is her father as that in the end doesn't help the character nor facilitate a real philosophical conflict between Jean and Lorna. But, without a trauma the way Genosha provided its hard to see how it doesn't fall into that.

Magneto had the Holocaust as his defining trauma much like Lorna had Genosha, but for the MCU both characters have an issue namely for Magneto by the time he shows up if they are going to keep the Holocaust as his trauma they are going to need a reduced aging (from mutation) or some other explanation. For Lorna they are going to have to create one otherwise it will fall into Lorna doing it over dad.

Lorna has had a real problem in the comics since they moved away totally from Genosha as part of her pathos, because its back to possessions, daddy, and stability issues alone. Genosha was a necessary ingredient to put it all together and make it about Lorna not other characters.

Lorna does need a great storyline in the comics to get restarted as a character, she hasn't had one of those in many many years, but she also needs some of her own great past storylines utilized again.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-12-2019 at 08:35 PM.

BANNED

Singer wasnt the right director and that movie wasn't Age of Apocalypse based which is what everyone wanted..AoA was bigger than Infinity War in the 90s. But yes..Apocalypse wasn't what made the story work. It was a radically different Magneto, Rogue, no Xavier, heel Cyclops, Jean with one armed Wolverine, Sinister with long hair, Nate Grey without that Askani crap, Havok being evil, Dark Beast, Holocaust aka the son Of Apocalypse, a murdering Nightcrawler. Hell, we got Age of X Man right now which shows the influence he had till this very day post AoA.

Singer wasnt the man for such a crafty legendary story.

As for Lorna and Jean..yes..Lorna had to kick Jean's ass back at the wedding but Jean of course knew there was more to it and didnt hold a grudge as expected. Even when she showed Jean more attitude and more risque behavior leading to the breaking point, Jean was still joking with her and bringing up her having a more Magneto side. It would be hard to create tension right now unless Jean gets too weak on a subject and doesnt go hard enough for Lorna's tastes..or if there was some sort of unique heel turn by Lorna to screw Jean over.

Lorna heeling on Jean currently? It would be out of left field...Emma though? That's what she does..she complains and cries about Jean alot. It's her gimmick. Lorna needs someone to give her a Magneto series type arc..she needs a Cullen Bunn type to explore her top to bottom and flesh her out post age of X Man. Would be ideal if Hickman did it..
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 05-12-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Singer wasnt the right director and that movie wasn't Age of Apocalypse based which is what everyone wanted..AoA was bigger than Infinity War in the 90s. But yes..Apocalypse wasn't what made the story work. It was a radically different Magneto, Rogue, no Xavier, heel Cyclops, Jean with one armed Wolverine, Sinister with long hair, Nate Grey without that Askani crap, Havok being evil, Dark Beast, Holocaust aka the son Of Apocalypse, a murdering Nightcrawler. Hell, we got Age of X Man right now which shows the influence he had till this very day post AoA.

Singer wasnt the man for such a crafty legendary story.
    AoA was a huge inversion of where the rest of the x-line was going by 1994 at the time and that was a big part of why it succeeded. It was a very complex story that would really need at minimum two parts and a set up movie to pull off on film.

As for Lorna and Jean..yes..Lorna had to kick Jean's ass back at the wedding but Jean of course knew there was more to it and didnt hold a grudge as expected. Even when she showed Jean more attitude and more risque behavior leading to the breaking point, Jean was still joking with her and bringing up her having a more Magneto side. It would be hard to create tension right now unless Jean gets too weak on a subject and doesnt go hard enough for Lorna's tastes..or if there was some sort of unique heel turn by Lorna to screw Jean over.

Lorna heeling on Jean currently? It would be out of left field...Emma though? That's what she does..she complains and cries about Jean alot. It's her gimmick. Lorna needs someone to give her a Magneto series type arc..she needs a Cullen Bunn type to explore her top to bottom and flesh her out post age of X Man. Would be ideal if Hickman did it..
    I was mainly referring to the MCU in regards to Jean/Lorna conflict. But, yes I do think there is the longer term potential there in the comics.

In terms of the comics I would agree Lorna does need a champion to restart things for her. Jean fans at times complain about Dark Phoenix and Wanda fans about HoM, but I would pay for such a story for Lorna that gives her a direction and gets fans talking.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-12-2019 at 08:46 PM.

It's become increasingly clear that Lorna needs a dedicated focus on her. This became especially urgent in my eyes after Blue, in addition to a need for Marvel to make up for how she was treated around Havok there. The crux of Lorna's problem is that people at Marvel don't recognize her value, don't understand her or seem to want to understand her, relying on toxic nostalgia to form how they use and treat her in the comics.

Something with Lorna as the primary focus - a solo, mini, oneshot, even a team book led by her - would require Marvel to stop relying on their bad old ideas of her and consider who she is for real. And ultimately, Marvel not giving her one of those things also comes down to how they aren't willing to question their own outdated and mistaken beliefs.

They think she's not viable because they aren't thinking of Lorna as this badass woman who's gone through hellish ordeals, been looked up to as an icon to mutants that were at Genosha, accidentally killed her mom and stepdad as a child, and had struggles with her identity and place in the world (body image issues, dyeing her hair before she realized she was a mutant, nearly letting herself get killed by a Sentinel to try to get her powers back, etc). They're thinking of her as a stock character who exists to be beaten up, possessed, or held hostage for the benefit of everyone except her, and otherwise just hangs on Havok's word and goes wherever he goes without question. Their mental model of "Lorna" is one that fits their claims of her not being viable - and if that's who Lorna actually was, they'd be right. But that's not who she is. And the more they stick to that attitude, the clearer it is they don't know her, looping back around to why it's necessary for her to get a book so that they actually do get to know the real Lorna.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    AoA was a huge inversion of where the rest of the x-line was going by 1994 at the time and that was a big part of why it succeeded. It was a very complex story that would really need at minimum two parts and a set up movie to pull off on film.

I was mainly referring to the MCU in regards to Jean/Lorna conflict. But, yes I do think there is the longer term potential there in the comics.

In terms of the comics I would agree Lorna does need a champion to restart things for her. Jean fans at times complain about Dark Phoenix and Wanda fans about HoM, but I would pay for such a story for Lorna that gives her a direction and gets fans talking.
    I was curious about Miss Sinister..she's an intriguing character. Shes immortal, she likes being selfish and evil, and she has no arch enemy. There's room to grow tension with Lorna..it would take some creative writing to really push it but that's a different spin and shes not a pushover for Lorna to just beat in 3 panels. Zaladane is always a point of contention but it was such a big moment in Uncanny #275 for Rogue to plead to Magneto and he still crossed a line in her eyes that it would seem cheap to go back on that ending.

Other than that, I'm really in favor of a legit Lorna/Wanda team up that stretches out for awhile.

I have said in the past the way I would create a rogues gallery for Lorna to accentuate the moments that matter for the character, but normally get no air time for her like Genosha. Magneto has three reoccurring villains from the WW2 era to let him expound on his feelings about the Holocaust and dig deep with the character. Lorna has nothing in that regard in regard to Genosha.

Not that she couldn't I mean the Red Skull took over Genosha and turned it into a anti-mutant death camp and Lorna was kept out of that story. Cassandra Nova who destroyed Genosha and caused Lorna's biggest life trauma took over Genosha and she was kept out of that storyline, but the Avengers brought in.

Over 50 years into Lorna as a character, there are characters who could be used to build a rogues gallery for Lorna like Cassandra Nova or say a survivor of the Magistrates Lorna was fighting before the nation was destroyed, or even Red Skull's daughter Sin, but its not going to happen, that isn't defeatism its reality.

After well over a decade of promoting various ideas I have come to the realization solidly the only way Lorna actually gets adversaries that fans actually care about in a length of time acceptable to the modern comics as a medium (2-3 year x-ongoings are a thing of the past) is Lorna opposes the X-Men because it provides a prepackaged set of antagonists for Lorna who can move back into more friendly relations with time (and these would be characters that the audience actually cares about), which is why I support doing it and not in the typical Lorna is possessed for the dozenth time which in the end is read correctly by the audience as a plot device conflict which has no bearing on how the characters feel about each other when they next meet.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-14-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Batwoman was a defunct concept last used in the early 80s until she was revived in 2006. Now she's going to have a TV show dedicated to her.

There are a lot of things that seem like givens but aren't. Lorna didn't have her origin story told for 43 years, until it finally happened with X-Factor #243. I didn't expect Lorna to get a live action depiction or to interact with Wanda in any form for at least a decade longer than it took for those two things to happen.

The main obstacle to getting from A to B is movement. Many of the things Lorna needs aren't likely to happen overnight. They could take years, even decades. In my view, fandom includes patience to reach that point, but urgency to get there sooner if possible. And I feel Lorna's long history of not getting things that other characters get in spades means there needs to be more demand for those things.

Also, I currently see Marvel's editorial and executive elements as obstacles to be bypassed or overcome. Aside from one Marvel editor, I used to feel that if complaints trickled to them, they might care and adjust. Since late 2017/early 2018, I think they're all too egotistical and nostalgia-obsessed to care. The few good things since late 2017 (use in Uncanny X-Men event, cover acknowledging Genosha, writing - but not setup - of her in Prisoner X) don't outweigh the bad (limbo from 2015-2017, repeated use as a prop to boost Havok and other men, elements and opportunities of hers taken away to give them to other characters). Those few good things feel like crumbs to placate fans of a character they don't respect, not genuine efforts to do better by her.

P.S. - I know discussion's gotten Polaris-heavy lately. I hope that in the future, there will be periods where it gets Wanda-heavy, or Pietro-heavy, or Magneto-heavy, etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Posting a few tweets I've had on my tabs so I can get my memory usage down.

I just hope they don't just assume they are your regular happy fluffy family.
    And they would remember Wanda's place as an Avenger and why she shouldn't join Magneto.

It shows how much potential there is in making the family whole, not excluding any of them. I also feel this shows that Lorna's inclusion is a way forward for better treatment of the twins as part of the family. The more characters in the family, the broader the options, the harder it is to mistakenly define them as just one relationship.

This one caught my eye because it's clearly coming from someone looking at Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch in the MCU and thinking it would be cool to have her real life sisters play her character's fictional sister. Yet the tweet also has me thinking of what it might be like to split Lorna into two characters.

Yet another case in a long line of cases of people who want to see more of Lorna, demonstrating fan interest that a certain editor at Marvel claims doesn't exist.

On Lorna and roles. As intro to the MCU, I think she should enter as she did. Didn't know she was a mutant, finds her place with the X-Men, introduced before Havok and allowed to establish who she is in her own right. Then it's down to how the story proceeds from there to differentiate Lorna from other characters. Purging all the bad bits, ultimately the core of Lorna's journey is discovering some ugly truths, going through some awful experiences, and ending up in inner conflict between Xavier and Magneto style philosophies - NOT because Magneto is her father, but because of what she's been through. This would in turn make her an example of how Xavier's philosophy isn't always perfect, and doesn't always apply to all situations. It's one thing to have Magneto on an opposing side. It's another to have someone who was a believer at one point, someone who at first might be seen as a match with Jean, split from the notion.

This differentiates her from all the other characters who come to be heavily associated with the X-Men. Those characters don't have the sort of philosophical crisis that Lorna's had.
    Hopefully they don't just assume they are the regular happy fluffy family.
    Also people should remember that Wanda's actual belonging and why she shouldn't join Magneto's side.
    The same respect of them as individuals first.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-14-2019 at 05:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Hopefully they don't just assume they are the regular happy fluffy family.
    Also people should remember that Wanda's actual belonging and why she shouldn't join Magneto's side.
    The same respect of them as individuals first.
    The family drama crap is played out..all the whining by Pietro and Wanda didnt up sales so definitely isnt the way to go. If I was a cynic, Lorna SHOULD be mad at Pietro for pushing Wanda to do the House of M which took her powers at the end and turned her into a Horseman. But that was a lost opportunity by Peter David to keep that angle going.

The Hollywood Reporter and major film and TV news sites are assessing the viability of House of M after recent comments.

The 2005 storyline by Brian Michael Bendis and Olivier Coipel, House of M, ushered in a new era for the Avengers and X-Men, while offering ramifications still seen in today’s Marvel publications. For those out of the loop, House of M begins with Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, mourning the loss of the mutant nation Genosha, which was destroyed in the opening salvo of Grant Morrison’s New X-Men....

Through House of Magnus, Magneto rules the world alongside his children Quicksilver, Polaris, and Scarlet Witch, who has resurrected her own children. When the former Avengers and X-Men are made aware that the reality they are living in is a lie, thanks to a young mutant named Layla Miller, they attack the House of Magnus and it’s revealed that it was Quicksilver who convinced Wanda to create this alternate reality. When Magneto, awakened to the fact that he has been manipulated, kills Quicksilver, Wanda snaps and utters the famous words “no more mutants,” and the world seemingly returns to normal, except millions of mutants all over the world suddenly find themselves without their powers.

So what would the MCU need to do in order to pull this storyline off? Just as Infinity War and Endgame were significantly different from The Infinity Gauntlet storyline, any adaptation of House of M would deviate from the comics. The key to this story working in the MCU is the Scarlet Witch. Elizabeth Olsen is certainly up to the performance requirements, but Wanda’s descent into madness is a tricky subject matter, and one that needs to happen over time. She’s already lost her brother Pietro (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) in Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), and Vision (Paul Bettany) in Avengers: Infinity War (2018), so the door to her break from reality has been cracked open. But after taking on Thanos (Josh Brolin) in Endgame, Wanda seems to be in a decent place, at least judging by her conversation with Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) after Tony Stark’s (Robert Downey Jr.) funeral.

Of course the upcoming Disney+ series, WandaVision, will provide a more intimate look at Wanda’s mental state. The series is rumored to showcase Wanda’s reality warping powers as she and Vision attempt to lead a normal life in pastiche of 1950s American living. If the series draws inspiration from Tom King and Gabriel Hernandez Walta’s Vision (2018) comic series, then Wanda and Vision are in for a rude awakening about normalcy. With Marvel Studios' head Kevin Feige stating that the Disney+ series will be essential to the film journeys of these characters, there’s significant groundwork for House of M that could be laid if Wanda were to lose Vision again, and any children she might have conjured up for them.

While Wanda earns her M with her last name, Maximoff, there’s no indication that she or Quicksilver have any ties to Magneto. This could easily be changed. Their Sokovian parents could have adopted them. And since Wanda and Pietro are the only examples of the mind stone granting super powers, it could easily be explained that the stone unlocked their repressed mutant genes. Creating Scarlet Witch’s connection to Magneto is the easy part, but what’s more difficult is making mutants matter within the span of 10 years. So far the MCU has no mutants, at least none that have been introduced yet. That’s likely to change soon, and given how quickly Marvel Studios brought Spider-Man into the MCU, mutants and X-Men can’t be too far off.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hol...-event-1210355
    A lot more at the link. They make some interesting points related to the Wanda and Vision TV show set in the 50s which is actually when Wanda was born under the Magda parentage backstory.

Here is what I would have to say there is the reality warped world of House of M and then there is building a mutant homeland off shore from Wakanda akin to WATXM season one or what happened in the comics.

Also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hickman drop:

It is becoming increasingly clear who is big and who is not in the upcoming Hickman run. Magneto is going to be huge as will a lot of the more modern Brotherhood, with Lorna it remains that they don’t know what to do with her.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-14-2019 at 11:45 AM.

I would say the whole range of family potential is what people want to see. That means moments of both drama and no drama. Happy close family moments, and moments of conflict. To say one aspect or the other shouldn't happen is cutting off opportunities, and would likely cause a loss of interest since balance is needed. Good horror needs moments of calm amid all the high action and tension, or else people get desensitized. Good romance needs moments of strife and obstacles to overcome to make the romantic moments feel better and more earned. Same applies to the Magnus family.

I think Marvel would have difficulties finding the right balance of elements for the Magnus family, but that they should be working on it now. Right this second. Not doing so leaves the MCU to figure it out, which then is staking hundreds of millions of dollars on hoping they get it right when the comics could figure it out with much less at risk.

Aside #1: I'm very happy the Hollywood Reporter article recognized and included Lorna.

Aside #2: I believe Marvel knows what to do, but they simply refuse to do it. Which means fans should continue doing it.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-14-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Epic Scarlet Witch and Polaris Cosplay Duo to Wow Marvel Fans

Cosplayers surely love their comic book characters. Embodying their favorite comics characters gives them the chance to personify the epicness of superhero badassery. Each superhero has their own unique personality and traits that make them appeal to cosplayers; whether it be Captain America’s need for justice or Batman’s abnormal strength and advanced weaponry.

Scarlet Witch and Polaris are two popularly cosplayed superheroines from the Marvel universe. They each harness awesome headpieces and costumes of solid red and green, making them easily recognizable. Scarlet Witch cosplayer Jessica LG and Polaris cosplayer Lady Shepard teamed up with incredible photographer Saffels Photography to create these amazing photos that would make any Marvel fan proud. Too epic!

http://allthatscosplay.com/epic-scar...w-marvel-fans/
    In terms of the issue with the canceled Vision series... right now I think the comics are waiting on the TV series to see what they do in that regard before taking their next steps in regards to their backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I would agree once the green light is given Marvel should ASAP start to find ways in the comics of making the Magnus family work as just leaving it up to the MCU to hit the nail on the head on its first try is a massive unnecessary risk.

In terms of the comics good things I do think are ahead for Wanda, Magneto and maybe Pietro that is more iffy. Lorna is stuck in 80s/early 90s land... which was a great place to be for most x-women, but certainly not Lorna.

Outside of the comics I see a big push starting for Magneto and Wanda and Pietro will probably get some help from being in Dark Phoenix.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-14-2019 at 11:42 AM.