Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't want House of M in MCU, it's character hijacking in comics, and it will be hijacking to some degree in MCU.

Mutants are not arriving in the MCU until Phase 5, and I don’t think Scarlet Witch’s participation in the MCU will last beyond Phase 4. The show will not make her a mutant again.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Mutants are not arriving in the MCU until Phase 5, and I don’t think Scarlet Witch’s participation in the MCU will last beyond Phase 4. The show will not make her a mutant again.
    As said before, I'm expecting Scarlet Witch will stick around, but she'll be recast with a different actress - and then House of M might happen. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon because Elizabeth Olsen is already roughly halfway through RDJ's time as Iron Man, and HoM is a big enough concept that I think they would want the character to be able to explore the aftermath for several years instead of simply going away afterward. It'd be pretty horrid if they did all that and didn't have follow-up for Wanda, too.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    As said before, I'm expecting Scarlet Witch will stick around, but she'll be recast with a different actress - and then House of M might happen. I don't think it's going to happen any time soon because Elizabeth Olsen is already roughly halfway through RDJ's time as Iron Man, and HoM is a big enough concept that I think they would want the character to be able to explore the aftermath for several years instead of simply going away afterward. It'd be pretty horrid if they did all that and didn't have follow-up for Wanda, too.
    Honestly if Wanda's arc as an Avenger or a mystic is over, I don't really want it to continue.
    Let her die or live a happy life, etc, her story should have closure instead of being dragged into making House of M happen, let her have this dignity okay?
    And honestly I don't want a new X-only Wanda to be the cinematic representation of her in any time period, it's not right.
    If she loses basic grounding in MCU, then just let her leave, don't drag her hollow shell around as some glorified plot device for mutants.
    Just do Magneto/Polaris if they feel like Magneto family drama, thanks.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-15-2019 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly if Wanda's arc as an Avenger or a mystic is over, I don't really want it to continue.
    Let her die or live a happy life, etc, her story should have closure instead of being dragged into making House of M happen, let her have this dignity okay?
    And honestly I don't want a new X-only Wanda to be the cinematic representation of her in any time period, it's not right.
    If she loses basic grounding in MCU, then just let her leave, don't drag her hollow shell around as some glorified plot device for mutants.
    Just do Magneto/Polaris if they feel like Magneto family drama, thanks.
    I agree with this. Especially since movie representation is so much shorter than comics. Anything they do should consider her characterization, not use her as an accessory for others. The X-Men have tons of good stories to tell that aren't HoM, anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I agree with this. Especially since movie representation is so much shorter than comics. Anything they do should consider her characterization, not use her as an accessory for others. The X-Men have tons of good stories to tell that aren't HoM, anyway.
    Shorter but more effective, if X-Men only animation Wanda is already able to convince viewers of her just being an X-character.
    Imagine what an X-only cinematic version would do to a new wave of audience.
    The inconsistence of identity in different media can hurt a team/lower-tier character like Wanda.
    She can have multiple identities of course, but there has to be one that will ring in people's head when they saw her.

My enamel pin and card (and stickers) from the Marvelous Women Kickstarter by Rosi G. came in today, and they're great! They're so much better in person physically than simply looking at a picture.

I'm posting Lorna because that's what I ordered. There's also a Wanda one (which in hindsight I wish I'd gotten too, but too late now). Rosi's first project was for mutants, and that one included a sticker sheet that had Wanda and Pietro on it.

Rosi's starting up a new pin project next week, which looks like it'll be focused on DC women if you're interested.

Edit: The pins can be bought on Rosi's store! Which means I'll be ordering the Wanda one later.

https://optyck.com/collections/ename...magnetic-jewel
    https://optyck.com/collections/ename...f-jg-the-heart
    Last edited by salarta; 05-16-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

NEW Host: Your power is so much cooler than his (Evan)..
    Fassy: He's still developing...
    Host: He's a disappointment as a son..?
    Fassy: No I'm very proud of him, he broke me out of prison!
    Evan: Thanks dad!
    Don't disrespect his son!

https://twitter.com/BeatFassbender/s...28991713517568

Well in terms of the House of M question for Wanda and the Dark Phoenix question for Jean I have given it some thought. Generally to most fans House of M is a short hand reference to them being a family unit.

Most Wanda fans online do not view Wanda's options as a binary choice between being an Avenger and having a family, but we all know Wanda being used to warp reality would make it difficult to reintegrate her in the Avengers immediately unless they do it differently then the comic series as we saw with Civil War being much less damaging to Tony then the comic crossover.

I will say I think House of M was a popular event for many of the same reasons why the Dark Phoenix Saga which is about to air (again) is a very popular event. It was the ultimate good girl corrupted by power storyline which impacted all her close friends and family, in both cases the characters basically due to mental trauma and too much power went power mad. The stories were later retconned into possessions, but we all know that wasn't what they were depicted as. Marvel prefers the characters as pure heroes and mainstays so wiping away any real reasonability with retcons they felt was their easiest play.

Wanda had many real possessions, the last of which I recall reading was Secret Empire they never added anything to the character outside the Cython story in the 70s and that only did because it led the character on a journey of discovery with Quicksilver about her past which really didn't settle down until the Vision and the Scarlet Witch mini.

I will say I did some thinking in terms of Lorna's role and position and how she works and doesn't work which I wrote up on another thread. I will just say possessions function even worse for Lorna then Wanda because one of them has friends and connections and the other doesn't. It means something when Wanda gets possessed at least to other characters. You had Malice in a Lorna suit (perhaps a Sinister clone or not) killed off without consequence or comment by any X-Man. Which outside one character of the group entirely makes sense because she entirely lacks working relationships any them. Its too late to build them up the normal way and even if Lorna had a champion writer who wanted to do it, the most he or she would get is a year to a year in a half before another comes in and boots her into limbo.

I asked myself would a Dark Phoenix Saga like storyline work for Lorna. My answer is no not really for the same reason its not going to work so well this time for Jean in theaters. It needs years of backwork and building up the character as a mainstay building close relationships before having some trauma that ends in tears effecting all the X-Men emotionally. Lorna is not going to get anything like that level of time and effort in this market where a year and a half run is a long run these days.

Then what could work for Lorna? We have seen only one storylines in my view really take off for the character and spice up her relationships and those are trauma mixed with ideology. Her prison storyline on The Gifted season one did this as it was really an awakening storyline of the politically persecuted more then anything else. Her Genosha storyline did this even though the first part was unclear what writers wanted to do with it (a lot of writers had a hand in the first part) the second part was guided by Morrison and Austen and turned into a trauma and ideological awakening tale which spiced up her other relationships with the rest of the X-Men for awhile at least until writers decided to ignore it and then punt her into space.

PAD in his last run tried with the trauma of finding out her origins to spice up her relationships, but it lacked any kind of ideological component so it was straight up acting unhinged and hot headed which can work for a storyline or two, but can't work in open ended fashion. Philosophical differences can however work in open ended fashion to bring division when you enter in issues of when to kill, when not to kill, what kind of force to use to extract information, etc. the sky is the limit. But, this generation of creators I don't think will see the potential.

In terms of the films Wanda will continue in the MCU for a few more years, Magneto will be appearing probably close to the end of Olsen's run with the character based on how long the MCU likes to keep around actors, Quicksilver is not coming back short of them pulling the trigger on a reality warp which we all know means House of M. Lorna is not appearing period unless they figure out she can be an honorable philosophical foil for Jean.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-22-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I will say I think House of M was a popular event for many of the same reasons why the Dark Phoenix Saga which is about to air (again) is a very popular event. It was the ultimate good girl corrupted by power storyline which impacted all her close friends and family, in both cases the characters basically due to mental trauma and too much power went power mad. The stories were later retconned into possessions, but we all know that wasn't what they were depicted as. Marvel prefers the characters as pure heroes and mainstays so wiping away any real reasonability with retcons they felt was their easiest play.
    I like Dark Phoenix in the way that I don't like HoM, because it was a full saga and was full on Jean's story. HoM was not Wanda's.

Wanda had many real possessions, the last of which I recall reading was Secret Empire they never added anything to the character outside the Cython story in the 70s and that only did because it led the character on a journey of discovery with Quicksilver about her past which really didn't settle down until the Vision and the Scarlet Witch mini.
    Most of my problem with them continuing to use that trope. It adds nothing to her character. Most of them just served to have the Avengers or someone else save her despite her power level even normally. One of them was to destroy her relationship with Vision and remove the children, simply because Byrne didn't like it. Now at times, I didn't like Vision. He was a jerk to Wanda outside of Vision and the Scarlet Witch. But the way they destroyed all that was utter trash. And still continues to be trash until this day. Hack is a nice way of putting it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Wanda was definitely about Wanda having a break at the end..it was sold under the guise that Magneto was potentially controlling Wanda out of the blue.

Magneto and Scarlet Witch will be in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Magneto and the Brotherhood will be both boss foes and allies.

Magneto is playable.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-23-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I’m definitely gonna have Wanda and Magneto on my team.

CCE5B6F5-0ECA-43CE-90B6-3926916FF159.jpg