Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

I forgot to add that the final page's costume is based off a concept originally drawn by Kris Anka, with some modifications I personally felt fit Lorna better. Credit where credit's due!

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quicksilver in the jet in 1992

and polaris

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Magneto abandoned Polaris, and he hasn’t even tried to speak to the other two in five years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Magneto abandoned Polaris, and he hasn’t even tried to speak to the other two in five years.
    Things change. It's never too late.

1) The angle I'm taking is that Magneto gave Lorna up to protect her from his world. Future writing could easily change that, and I currently don't have a huge issue if it does (it's all down to how it's done), but for now I'm taking this view cause it's viable.
    2) I don't blame characters for cases where they act incredibly out of character due to corporate/editorial/writer BS. That applies to Magneto not talking to the twins.

BANNED

Lorna doesnt buy Magneto abandoning her..that has no credence. He was in high stakes world...abandoned are the Mastermind daughters or Cable when they sent him away.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Magneto talked with Lorna when she was a part of X-men blue and later on he was brainwashed by X-man so itīs kind of unfair to say that he has been keeping his distance from Lorna lately. If you are talking about Lornaīs origin, I believe Magneto tried to give her a normal family because he was already way too into his personal crusade and losing his mind, for him to properly take care of her. Sure he probably could/should have leave the Brotherhood to raise Lorna but imo he was a wanted man by some goverments at that point so while not ideal, I believe he handed Lorna way better than he did the Twins.

Wanda and Pietro: In marvel time I would say it has been just 1 year at most since the last time he saw the twins and given it was during Axis itīs understable for Magneto to keep his distance. Itīs curious but Pietro in No surrender, Wanda in her solo series and Magneto on Age of X-man they all have been thinking about each other but itīs a sore subject for them and is hard for to really talk about it because they donīt know what to make about them not being related anymore. But that preview art of Visionīs daughter including Max in Wandaīs family seems to point to a new retcon by marvel to make them family once again, I hope marvel hurries up to give more details about it, or even better, make a new story. I personally would like to know more about Natalya.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto talked with Lorna when she was a part of X-men blue and later on he was brainwashed by X-man so itīs kind of unfair to say that he has been keeping his distance from Lorna lately. If you are talking about Lornaīs origin, I believe Magneto tried to give her a normal family because he was already way too into his personal crusade and losing his mind, for him to properly take care of her. Sure he probably could/should have leave the Brotherhood to raise Lorna but imo he was a wanted man by some goverments at that point so while not ideal, I believe he handed Lorna way better than he did the Twins.

Wanda and Pietro: In marvel time I would say it has been just 1 year at most since the last time he saw the twins and given it was during Axis itīs understable for Magneto to keep his distance. Itīs curious but Pietro in No surrender, Wanda in her solo series and Magneto on Age of X-man they all have been thinking about each other but itīs a sore subject for them and is hard for to really talk about it because they donīt know what to make about them not being related anymore. But that preview art of Visionīs daughter including Max in Wandaīs family seems to point to a new retcon by marvel to make them family once again, I hope marvel hurries up to give more details about it, or even better, make a new story. I personally would like to know more about Natalya.
    There's also how Lorna was dyeing her hair brown until she met the X-Men. A lot of possible reasons behind that for any writer that wants to cover it (and editors/execs don't try to stop it), but one could be Magneto urging her foster parents to get her doing it for her protection.

On topic of the family tree art, Lorna's exclusion from it was brought up to the artist on Twitter. Artist said he was given guidelines on what to include, and beyond that he went by what he found online, meaning Lorna's exclusion was an oversight.

Personally, though, I think the oversight was intentional on Marvel's part, not the artist's. If the artist was given guidelines, whoever gave him those guidelines could have very easily told him to include Lorna. Pair that with that coming toy package that has Wanda and Pietro with Magneto but conveniently leaves out Lorna, and we have Marvel prepping for once again trying to retcon Lorna out of her rightful place as one of Magneto's daughters.

There's also how Lorna was dyeing her hair brown until she met the X-Men. A lot of possible reasons behind that for any writer that wants to cover it (and editors/execs don't try to stop it), but one could be Magneto urging her foster parents to get her doing it for her protection.
    I would love to see that, it would be something that Magneto would think about to protect his daughter.

On topic of the family tree art, Lorna's exclusion from it was brought up to the artist on Twitter. Artist said he was given guidelines on what to include, and beyond that he went by what he found online, meaning Lorna's exclusion was an oversight.Personally, though, I think the oversight was intentional on Marvel's part, not the artist's. If the artist was given guidelines, whoever gave him those guidelines could have very easily told him to include Lorna. Pair that with that coming toy package that has Wanda and Pietro with Magneto but conveniently leaves out Lorna, and we have Marvel prepping for once again trying to retcon Lorna out of her rightful place as one of Magneto's daughters.

I agree it probably could have been an oversight if this was the first time but this sadly is something that has been a recurrent situation in which Lorna is left out of the main family affairs specially when Magneto reunites with the twins and itīs worse when the characters themselves seem to forget that they are related like in X-men dissasembled, a new fan hardly could tell that Lorna and Magneto are related or that they have a deeper relationship from what little interaction they had during the crossover, Jean talked with Magneto a lot more than Lorna did.

Marvel probably thinks that this is a big family but in reality it would be nice to see the relationship between two sisters, there are a lot of stories about brothers on marvel so why not have more sisters stories? I loved Wanda and Lorna on exiles despite them being AU version of the characters and when we take in consideration their different relationship with their father on 616 marvel it should give them something to talk about and Peter David showed us how interesting Lorna and Pietro relationship can be even if they are just friends. This family has a lot of potential when you consider all itīs members and their story together, marvel just needs to realize that imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-30-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I agree it probably could have been an oversight if this was the first time but this sadly is something that has been a recurrent situation in which Lorna is left out of the main family affairs specially when Magneto reunites with the twins and itīs worse when the characters themselves seem to forget that they are related like in X-men dissasembled, a new fan hardly could tell that Lorna and Magneto are related or that they have a deeper relationship from what little interaction they had during the crossover, Jean talked with Magneto a lot more than Lorna did.

Marvel probably thinks that this is a big family but in reality it would be nice to see the relationship between two sisters, there are a lot of stories about brothers on marvel so why not have more sisters stories? I loved Wanda and Lorna on exiles despite them being AU version of the characters and when we take in consideration their different relationship with their father on 616 marvel it should give them something to talk about and Peter David showed us how interesting Lorna and Pietro relationship can be even if they are just friends. This family has a lot of potential when you consider all itīs members and their story together, marvel just needs to realize that imo.
    You hit on a key point with Marvel focusing on drama between brothers, and I think you might've pointed out between fathers and sons before too. It's notable that when it comes to women, Marvel seems to think there can't be sister-sister or mother-daughter dynamics, only brother-sister, father-daughter, husband-wife and boyfriend-girlfriend ones. Other people have also been noting how male-centric both Age of X-Man and the teaser for House of X/Powers of X are.

All in all I think Marvel's starting to reveal plainly something I've been saying for the past year: they're insincere about diversity. Marvel's attitude toward Lorna's been a warning sign to that effect, but it's getting harder to miss as it spreads from a traditionally disrespected character like Lorna to characters more commonly supported like Shadowcat.

Yes, sometimes I felt like marvel confuses quality with quantity when it comes to making the comics more diverse. You donīt need to make a whole new team with women members to have interesting stories about women, you just need to let the characters interact freely without falling into the typical cliches of women always thinking about their boyfriend, father, brother, etc. Let them just talk about something else for a change, lately I have read Jessica Jones by Bendis and Kelly Thomson I liked Jessica interactions with Carol even if I am not a big fan of either one, the mere fact of them talking about personal issues felt like fresh air for me, I also enjoyed Wanda interactions with Agatha, Marya and her mother in her solo series, so marvel is quite capable of doing good stories with women, the problem with them is motivation imo.

I believe Kitty will have her time to shine again during or after Age of X-man, Hickman seems to be a 80īs X-men fan so Kitty will have her time, with Lorna I still believe that what she needs the most is a mini series or even an issue just focused on her, I know prisoner X is focused on Bishop but I still hold hope in Lorna being send to jail to keep her away from Magneto just like Gabby was kept away from Laura by X-man.

Yes, sometimes I felt like marvel confuses quality with quantity when it comes to making the comics more diverse. You donīt need to make a whole new team with women members to have interesting stories about women, you just need to let the characters interact freely without falling into the typical cliches of women always thinking about their boyfriend, father, brother, etc. Let them just talk about something else for a change, lately I have read Jessica Jones by Bendis and Kelly Thomson I liked Jessica interactions with Carol even if I am not a big fan of either one, the mere fact of them talking about personal issues felt like fresh air for me, I also enjoyed Wanda interactions with Agatha, Marya and her mother in her solo series, so marvel is quite capable of doing good stories with women, the problem with them is motivation imo.

I believe Kitty will have her time to shine again during or after Age of X-man, Hickman seems to be a 80īs X-men fan so Kitty will have her time, with Lorna I still believe that what she needs the most is a mini series or even an issue just focused on her, I know prisoner X is focused on Bishop but I still hold hope in Lorna being send to jail to keep her away from Magneto just like Gabby was kept away from Laura by X-man.
    On Jan 1, I set a personal ban on all things Disney until Lorna gets a solo, mini, oneshot or team book she leads. Marvel's mostly poor treatment of her these past few years, especially to promote Havok on Blue, needs to be made up for. I think other people simply think she deserves better, which she does, but my demand comes bundled with righteous anger at the impact Marvel's toxic self-absorbed fanboying had on Lorna. I consider Marvel refusing to make up for how Lorna was treated on Blue to be demonstration both that they aren't sincere about diversity, and that they specifically don't respect Lorna or any fan interest in her. If they did, they'd want to fix their mistakes. Not double or triple down on them.

Ban aside, Lorna does need a miniseries or solo dedicated to her. Ideally written by a female writer. A mini/solo would force Marvel to start thinking of her as a character, not a female object existing only to make men look better. That's what should happen in my eyes. Not what I expect current Marvel to be willing to do.

I will add, though, that I remain glad Rosenberg isn't writing her. I don't trust him with her at all. Not after Blue and knowing how much of a massive Havok fanboy he is. Beyond that, we'll see if Marvel continues to prove my now very low expectations of them.
    Last edited by salarta; 03-30-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Ban aside, Lorna does need a miniseries or solo dedicated to her. Ideally written by a female writer. A mini/solo would force Marvel to start thinking of her as a character, not a female object existing only to make men look better. That's what should happen in my eyes. Not what I expect current Marvel to be willing to do.
    Right now I believe Kelly Thomson could do it imo but I donīt know much about her take on Lorna, we could ask her, itīs also worth it to ask Hickman if heīs interested in developing Magneto and Lorna relationship, itīs clear Magneto will have some radical changes in his run but we donīt know whatīs his take on Magnetoīs family.

Lornaīs main problem from what I have seen is that sheīs mostly seen in supporting character roles, I donīt remember reading, since Peter David last run on X-factor, an issue dedicated to her pov and thatīs a problem, because then other writers will also write her in that role instead of looking deeper into her and her story. I am all for a mini, solo or an issue about Lorna that explores her and lets us know what makes her tick, then after that, deal with her family issues.

I will add, though, that I remain glad Rosenberg isn't writing her. I don't trust him with her at all. Not after Blue and knowing how much of a massive Havok fanboy he is. Beyond that, we'll see if Marvel continues to prove my now very low expectations of them.
    Itīs too early for me to judge Ronseberg and from what I have seen he has focused more on Cyclops and Wolverine than in Havok, I donīt think Havok himself is the problem when heīs with Lorna, the problem is that sheīs put in the role of the girlfriend and isnīt allowed to do much beyond that, so more reason to ask for a story about Lorna with her as the central character imo.