Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Right now I believe Kelly Thomson could do it imo but I donīt know much about her take on Lorna, we could ask her, itīs also worth it to ask Hickman if heīs interested in developing Magneto and Lorna relationship, itīs clear Magneto will have some radical changes in his run but we donīt know whatīs his take on Magnetoīs family.

Lornaīs main problem from what I have seen is that sheīs mostly seen in supporting character roles, I donīt remember reading, since Peter David last run on X-factor, an issue dedicated to her pov and thatīs a problem, because then other writers will also write her in that role instead of looking deeper into her and her story. I am all for a mini, solo or an issue about Lorna that explores her and lets us know what makes her tick, then after that, deal with her family issues.
    I've seen a few Lorna fans on Twitter directly ask Kelly Thompson about writing Lorna, particularly a Lorna solo. I have no strong feelings on her cause I haven't read anything of hers or looked much into her. If she wrote the Polaris and X-23 scene in Uncanny X-Men, that's a promising sign.

I'll leave asking her about her take on Lorna to someone else. I generally don't send stuff to Marvel people anymore unless they do something great, or I'm mad and don't care if they'll see it. That plus I'm reasonably sure at least some have me muted.

I want a solo or mini for Lorna, but I don't think current Marvel is open-minded and considerate enough to do it, which was the main impetus behind the minicomic I made with Mlad. It's what little I can do.

Itīs too early for me to judge Ronseberg and from what I have seen he has focused more on Cyclops and Wolverine than in Havok, I donīt think Havok himself is the problem when heīs with Lorna, the problem is that sheīs put in the role of the girlfriend and isnīt allowed to do much beyond that, so more reason to ask for a story about Lorna with her as the central character imo.
    I agree that Havok himself isn't the problem, for the same reason you cite. People are too quick to say a particular character is inherently bad. Some of my favorite characters get a lot of undue hate because people don't take the time to try to understand their worth. Rosa from FF4 used to be one such case.

However, that history of Lorna being treated poorly, losing character development, having her potential wasted all to serve Havok's interests is bad enough that I don't want the character or his influence anywhere near her right now. Knowing Rosenberg is such a big Havok fan means I immediately don't trust him not to force Havok on her again, or write Lorna as a weak, timid, easily jobbed D-list (or lower) punching bag, or any number of awful angles because that's how she was treated in "the good old days" as his girlfriend. Is that fair to Rosenberg? Maybe not. But how poorly Lorna's been treated by Marvel also isn't fair. I'd need reasons to trust better can happen, and that I wouldn't be stupid for extending that trust (like I was stupid to do so after Secret Wars) first. Treatment of Lorna during and since Blue, both in connection with Havok and compared to him, have done Rosenberg no favors either.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I've seen a few Lorna fans on Twitter directly ask Kelly Thompson about writing Lorna, particularly a Lorna solo. I have no strong feelings on her cause I haven't read anything of hers or looked much into her. If she wrote the Polaris and X-23 scene in Uncanny X-Men, that's a promising sign.
    Yes I have seen them too. She said she would be happy to write Lorna but it depends on marvel agenda.

I want a solo or mini for Lorna, but I don't think current Marvel is open-minded and considerate enough to do it, which was the main impetus behind the minicomic I made with Mlad. It's what little I can do.
    I loved the images of that comic, Itīs very well done. About marvel I think we need to look for a writer that has a plan for Lorna, the writer of Wandaīs solo said that he had to wait some time before he was given green light to finally write the solo and Wanda herself had to wait 7 years in limbo after HoM to be given a resolution to her story, Lorna is in a similar situation, Itīs hard but it isnīt impossible imo.

I agree that Havok himself isn't the problem, for the same reason you cite. People are too quick to say a particular character is inherently bad. Some of my favorite characters get a lot of undue hate because people don't take the time to try to understand their worth. Rosa from FF4 used to be one such case. However, that history of Lorna being treated poorly, losing character development, having her potential wasted all to serve Havok's interests is bad enough that I don't want the character or his influence anywhere near her right now.
    I understand, after that wedding I too didnīt like Havok much because he was written in a very selfish way imo.

Knowing Rosenberg is such a big Havok fan means I immediately don't trust him not to force Havok on her again, or write Lorna as a weak, timid, easily jobbed D-list (or lower) punching bag, or any number of awful angles because that's how she was treated in "the good old days" as his girlfriend. Is that fair to Rosenberg? Maybe not. But how poorly Lorna's been treated by Marvel also isn't fair. I'd need reasons to trust better can happen, and that I wouldn't be stupid for extending that trust (like I was stupid to do so after Secret Wars) first. Treatment of Lorna during and since Blue, both in connection with Havok and compared to him, have done Rosenberg no favors either.
    I will trust you experience on this as I donīt know much about Rosenberg.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

I'll agree on the idea that they shouldn't exclusively harp on a decade-old event. Too much focus on one thing and little to no use of other things is a problem. I continue to disagree with the rest.

Backfire as in any time something gets new heavy focus, and there are still problems tied to past heavy focus, anyone concerned with those problems will become much more vocal.

I'll admit that some people might think of Wanda as "stealing" a spot for another X-character if she joined a team. But I also believe the real place to address Decimation is on the X-Men books, not the Avengers books. Letting the Avengers books handle it comes loaded with the POV of trying to make the Avengers look good, in many cases also tearing down non-Avengers characters and concepts to make it happen. This is where a Polaris and Scarlet Witch book, or a Magnus family book, would be most beneficial for clearing these things up. There's no "taking away another character's spot" because the selection isn't random fanboyism out of Marvel, it's based on relationships these characters have which take a higher priority.

One final thing I want to add: if Lorna was in Wanda's position, I'd be making the exact same suggestions. This is why I brought up poor treatment of Lorna in past decades, and how I want that history revisited and fixed, not for Marvel to simply pretend it never happened. Even with Havok, I haven't completely ruled out the idea of her eventually doing things with him again. Just for Lorna to get a lot of time and use dedicated to her potential and value away from him to give her a stable foundation, since history shows Marvel not giving her that leads them to treating her poorly for Havok's benefit (e.g. when sent into space and on X-Men Blue). The first step to fixing a mistake is acknowledging it was made. I try to be mindful of what would be fair for fans of other characters and consider things from their POV when I make these kind of suggestions.
    If Lorna is in Wanda's position, you mean causing major X-controversy and in an awkward situation in X-franchise? In that case, what you said must be done because she is an X-character and she will need to go through that to get back to her natural home.

Or did you mean a situation where Lorna caused minor trouble for X-Men, followed by a major controversy in another franchise. (Say FF, or Avengers.) became their public enemy. Would you be willing to let their office handle such situation? It's basically what you suggest with letting X-office handle the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If Lorna is in Wanda's position, you mean causing major X-controversy and in an awkward situation in X-franchise? In that case, what you said must be done because she is an X-character and she will need to go through that to get back to her natural home.

Or did you mean a situation where Lorna caused minor trouble for X-Men, followed by a major controversy in another franchise. (Say FF, or Avengers.) became their public enemy. Would you be willing to let their office handle such situation? It's basically what you suggest with letting X-office handle the situation.
    I meant the second situation. And I would, but depending on which office, I'd expect certain arrangements. Like with Avengers for example, I know Brevoort has no respect for her to the point that he made deliberate attempts to erase, replace and exclude her from her family. So I'd either want him to have no say in it, or someone from the X-office to have final say on how she's written.

Which, again, is the sort of thing I'd equally expect with Wanda. If a particular editor has a history of treating and speaking poorly of Wanda, I wouldn't expect Wanda fans to not have conditions to prevent or mitigate that editor doing badly by her.

I'd also like to note that I've never said Wanda can't be on Avengers books while on X-Men books.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Extraordinary Member

I meant the second situation. And I would, but depending on which office, I'd expect certain arrangements. Like with Avengers for example, I know Brevoort has no respect for her to the point that he made deliberate attempts to erase, replace and exclude her from her family. So I'd either want him to have no say in it, or someone from the X-office to have final say on how she's written.

Which, again, is the sort of thing I'd equally expect with Wanda. If a particular editor has a history of treating and speaking poorly of Wanda, I wouldn't expect Wanda fans to not have conditions to prevent or mitigate that editor doing badly by her.

I'd also like to note that I've never said Wanda can't be on Avengers books while on X-Men books.
    It's not about her being in both book or not, it's about which office having the final case.
    Since you want someone from X-office to have a final say in Lorna, you would expect someone from Avengers office
    for Wanda, securing her narrative. So, you suggest other office handle the situation but with a fail safe? That's fine for me, but too ideal to be true.

And again, just because you said she can be in both doesn't solve her limited appearance. If she appears only in X-book for a time (due to her general lack of appearances), her narrative can get overwritten.
    So the point is, the priority is to get her place in Avengers back that and only after that.
    I want there to be a writer and a book to sustain her POV and narrative when she is put to yet another redemption arc.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-01-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's not about her being in both book or not, it's about which office having the final case.
    Since you want someone from X-office to have a final say in Lorna, you would expect someone from Avengers office
    for Wanda, securing her narrative. So, you suggest other office handle the situation but with a fail safe? That's fine for me, but too ideal to be true.

And again, just because you said she can be in both doesn't solve her limited appearance. If she appears only in X-book for a time (due to her general lack of appearances), her narrative can get overwritten.
    So the point is, the priority is to get her place in Avengers back that and only after that.
    I want there to be a writer and a book to sustain her POV and narrative when she is put to yet another redemption arc.
    Wanting those things is understandable. They match how I ideally want Lorna to have a solo or mini dedicated to her because Marvel keeps failing to understand her, typically around men but especially around Havok.

Maybe wanting or expecting offices to work together toward better treatment of characters is too optimistic on my part. After all, I used to think Lorna becoming part of Uncanny Avengers would've been a good thing before all the junk Brevoort pulled.

Apparently somethnig's going to happen to Magneto in the near future that wont appear to make sense on first glance. This was revealed on the most recent Battle of the Atom podcast and I beleie it was Rosenberg that said that. It was in relation to people acting like he doesnt know what he's doing since there is a Dani in UXM and AoX. He implied that something like that will be happening with Magneto where fans will question it, but its obviously planned by the creators

BANNED

I'll leave asking her about her take on Lorna to someone else. I generally don't send stuff to Marvel people anymore unless they do something great, or I'm mad and don't care if they'll see it. That plus I'm reasonably sure at least some have me muted.

I agree that Havok himself isn't the problem, for the same reason you cite. People are too quick to say a particular character is inherently bad. Some of my favorite characters get a lot of undue hate because people don't take the time to try to understand their worth. Rosa from FF4 used to be one such case.

However, that history of Lorna being treated poorly, losing character development, having her potential wasted all to serve Havok's interests is bad enough that I don't want the character or his influence anywhere near her right now. Knowing Rosenberg is such a big Havok fan means I immediately don't trust him not to force Havok on her again, or write Lorna as a weak, timid, easily jobbed D-list (or lower) punching bag, or any number of awful angles because that's how she was treated in "the good old days" as his girlfriend. Is that fair to Rosenberg? Maybe not. But how poorly Lorna's been treated by Marvel also isn't fair. I'd need reasons to trust better can happen, and that I wouldn't be stupid for extending that trust (like I was stupid to do so after Secret Wars) first. Treatment of Lorna during and since Blue, both in connection with Havok and compared to him, have done Rosenberg no favors either.
    To me? Havok is s problem...he's written as a sell out, a tap dancer, insecure and second rate compared to Cyclops. The best thing that happened to Alex was when Dark Beast had Random kidnap him and he came back different in that new Brotherhood during Onslaught 22 yrs ago. He was given confidence, seemed to be developing something with Fatale even though she would turn on him for McCoy without blinking. But it was better than the same circle jerk. It was hilarious when Random got exposed..he came off like a little kid around Lorna. It wss hilarious.

Apparently somethnig's going to happen to Magneto in the near future that wont appear to make sense on first glance. This was revealed on the most recent Battle of the Atom podcast and I beleie it was Rosenberg that said that. It was in relation to people acting like he doesnt know what he's doing since there is a Dani in UXM and AoX. He implied that something like that will be happening with Magneto where fans will question it, but its obviously planned by the creators
    Thatīs interesting so there will be two versions of Magneto? or something different?
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

Jordan White definitely implied there is a huge spin with Magneto that nobody will see coming. Bring it..

Thatīs interesting so there will be two versions of Magneto? or something different?
    I dont think it will be the exact same thing they are doing with Dani but it will be a WTF are you doing moment

Well now I am very curious Canīt wait to know what will it be. where can I find the podcast?

Jordan White definitely implied there is a huge spin with Magneto that nobody will see coming. Bring it..
    Thereīs something going definitely

Speaking of Magneto, we’ve got ourselves a question from MagnetoRocks (@MagnetoRocks) about, you guessed it, Magneto! Was there a specific goal when Magneto reverted to villainy at the end ofX-Men Blue, or was it just a status quo shift for other creators to pick up down the line?

Jordan: The plans for X-Men Blue were in place before I got into the X-Office. I think the plan there was just that that was how Cullen Bunn wanted to end his story. I know a lot of X-Men fans believed that I forced him to do that because I said I prefer Magneto as an antagonist, but… that is not the case. I am not in the business of being an X-Dictator, I work with the writers to tell the stories they want to tell. So, like I said, in this case, the plan for him to go back to “villainy” (so to speak) was already in place. But as for what that means for him going forward… well, you’ll have to see when he shows up after Age of X-Man. We’ve certainly got big plans for him, and I know pretty much no one expects them. And no, it’s not the thing you thought of when I said it was something no one expected, either. It’s even more unexpected than that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-01-2019 at 10:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Apparently something's going to happen to Magneto in the near future that wont appear to make sense on first glance. ... where fans will question it, but its obviously planned by the creators
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Well now I am very curious Canīt wait to know what will it be. ...
    Side-eyeingly intrigued.

Well obviously the surprise is that this Magneto is secretly Lorna and her hair turned white and she grew a beard.