Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... You can look at what he's either done or permitted as editor. He was editor on Children's Crusade, where a House of M portrait was redrawn to take her out. He oversaw Avengers vs X-Men, where Lorna was completely excluded from every single scene that involved the Magnus family. Even to the point where she was mind-controlled into submission to Emma Frost and Magneto said and did nothing. He was editor on Axis, where not only was Lorna excluded from family matters (AND GENOSHA), but he had a variant cover made pairing Wanda and Enchantress where Enchantress' hair was tinted green (and Wanda's tinted red) to visually replace Lorna. And lastly, he was editor for the Uncanny Avengers issues post-Axis where they introduced Luminous, a new "sister" for the twins conveniently colored all blue to match the fact people enjoyed the color scheme of the Magnus family.

To say he's contributed to my negative attitude and pessimism about Marvel understanding Lorna's worth and using it would be an understatement.
    I remember many of these instances, myself. And it does seem like there's a pattern of purposeful eXclusion, I must say, with him being the common denominator... unfortunately. To say that it's discouraging, at a glance, is an understatement.

Brevoort belongs in a Wanda costume.

Why doesn't he put the whole world in a Wanda costume?

Anyway, there was a definite undercurrent of Brevoort seeming to think 1) there can be only one daughter of Magneto, and 2) Lorna doesn't deserve to be one. I'm keeping a watchful eye on if Marvel restoring the twins includes trying to pull his garbage again - and initial signs seem to back this up.

I also generally try to avoid naming names in my strong complaints unless it feels necessary for context or fixing problems. Motomu Toriyama of Squeenix being a prime example of when it was necessary, because how he treated Aya Brea and Parasite Eve via 3rd Birthday was the last straw. I'm only specifically saying Brevoort right now instead of saying "an editor" because others brought him up by name.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

A few social media finds from today.

There's still a LOT of family fandom content being made and shared out there daily that heavily includes Lorna. I just don't post it as much as I used to because I heavily curbed my Tumblr activity following the adult content ban, and I haven't gotten into the habit of doing those kind of posts on my WordPress yet.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Do you think that Magneto will appear on Wanda's show WandaVision on Disney's streaming service?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Maybe but I believe we need more information. Still it would be nice to introduce Magneto there as a call back to the twins and Magneto finding out they are related in the Vision and the Scarlet witch series.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I have some hot and sexy new receipts.

https://twitter.com/shughes0359/stat...93042953666560

Lorna beat Dracula!

https://twitter.com/DarkGraysonII/st...96703067340801

I found this noteworthy because Marvel tends to treat Lorna like she's a D-lister or lower, but this fan sees her more as B or C. Elevation in fan circles! Especially worthwhile to consider that Lorna's listed here alongside characters across comics of all kinds, not just X-Men, and some like Quicksilver and Black Lightning have received dedicated TV shows or solo/minis (Pietro had a solo in 1997-1998 and a mini last year).

https://twitter.com/head_camera/stat...59111938658307

This is an interesting suggestion IMO.

Going historically, it should be Wanda vs Jean, among other things. But Marvel (and if I understand correctly, Wanda/Pietro fans) doesn't really want the twins to be known for their time with the Brotherhood, aiding Magneto's goals. This would be an interesting way to mix things up. I'd personally feel Lorna should be introduced generally as she was in X-Men #49-50 with meaningful changes, but I'd be cool with this too.

Regardless of whether Lorna had that role or Wanda kept it and did it, having Lorna and Jean fight at first would be a neat way of starting their relationship off. Then they could come to terms and become friends like they originally were in the comics pre-Claremont.

Concept by Peter Nguyen of Polaris and Sunfire. Says he's been thinking about Giant Size X-Men a lot.

Also says they're two of his favorite characters, which is a good reminder that at least some artists at Marvel like and appreciate her even if editors and writers don't.
    Last edited by salarta; 04-15-2019 at 01:01 AM.

This account speaks only truth.

Also, in case anyone mistook my not posting as much content these days to mean there's no interest in the sisters together anymore...

Finally made the crowns! Still gotta hem Wanda’s suit and sew her gloves Lorna might get foam armguards aaand one does want those cloaks <3
    From yhasyme

Thanks juan!

Anyway, Edwin Vargas Cortés is working on this awesome 3D sculpt of Lorna. Always nice to see 3D artists' work on things with her. There's a fourth picture for her back if you want to check his tweet.