Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thanks for the House of M post juan.

The more I think about it, the more I think Marvel's unlikely to do House of M in live action until they decide to change the actress for Scarlet Witch from Elizabeth Olsen. She was introduced in 2014/2015, meaning 4-5 years ago. Going by Robert Downey Jr.'s tenure, she's already halfway through the maximum length of time she would be around before she's "retired." Then there's the upcoming Scarlet Witch series, which technically wouldn't be a roadblock, but I'm doubtful Marvel would want to pursue such a cataclysmic change to the status quo while that series is ongoing.

More likely, Marvel would want to use House of M as an opportunity to recast under the guise that Wanda altering reality includes altering the way she looks. In theory, they could even want to use it as a way to recast other characters too, which in turn could push HoM back further.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Emma Dumont now in Instagram

I will always love you Lorna Dane. You have a will of iron and a heart of gold. I have watched you fight with all your strength, persevere when everything was against you, battle your demons, have your heart broken, understand forgiveness, become a mother, lose yourself, find yourself, face the ugliest parts of your past, demand equal rights, be the bravest person in the room, secretly be the most scared person in the room, fall back in love, learn to compromise and learn the true meaning of friendship. You are an inspiration to me daily and I will never forget what you have taught me.
    Thank you to everyone who supported me on this journey. We all wanted to do right by these characters, the original mythology and all of you. I so appreciate all of your support. Love you all. 💚✖💚 "To bend but not to break. To yield but not capitulate. To have pride but also humility."

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Emma Dumont now in Instagram

I will always love you Lorna Dane. You have a will of iron and a heart of gold. I have watched you fight with all your strength, persevere when everything was against you, battle your demons, have your heart broken, understand forgiveness, become a mother, lose yourself, find yourself, face the ugliest parts of your past, demand equal rights, be the bravest person in the room, secretly be the most scared person in the room, fall back in love, learn to compromise and learn the true meaning of friendship. You are an inspiration to me daily and I will never forget what you have taught me.
    Thank you to everyone who supported me on this journey. We all wanted to do right by these characters, the original mythology and all of you. I so appreciate all of your support. Love you all. ��✖�� "To bend but not to break. To yield but not capitulate. To have pride but also humility."
    Thanks juan. Here's a direct link to it.

I have a few words.

It's a testament to Emma Dumont's prowess as an actress, her commitment, and ultimately the fandom she found for Lorna that her portrayal of the version she played resonated so strongly with so many people. I talk often about how Lorna, the character, is loaded with massive potential and the only real thing holding her back is Marvel refusing to acknowledge and use it. But simply using the character isn't enough. How that character is used matters too. In the hands of a different, less committed actress, the show's version of Lorna could have easily disintegrated into a forgettable role that disappeared in no time. Based on things I've seen, I'm pretty sure that Nix and the writers, Fox, and Marvel were planning on Blink to be the big breakout star. For it to be Lorna instead says a lot about the work that went into her out of Emma.

At the same time, it's a testament to the potential and value of Lorna as a character that Emma connected to her so deeply, and that Lorna's spirit has left such a deep impression on everyone that gave her enough respect to get to know her for real. You really can't fake enthusiasm of the intensity and scale that was revealed through all this.

About a year and a half ago, pre-Dreamer death, I said that no matter what happened next, Lorna's rise on the show proved her real worth. That hasn't changed. It remains true, and it always will be. Editors with toxic notions of who she is can lie and pretend she doesn't have enough fan interest, but Gifted showed the fan interest is there. Waiting to be used. All it takes is people at Marvel willing to set their biases aside, look to the future instead of the past, and do justice to the character.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Would of been a great sight...its heart wrenching to read those final comments from Emma. Such potential wasted because of odd misdirection and a focus on lesser types.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Thanks for the House of M post juan.

The more I think about it, the more I think Marvel's unlikely to do House of M in live action until they decide to change the actress for Scarlet Witch from Elizabeth Olsen. She was introduced in 2014/2015, meaning 4-5 years ago. Going by Robert Downey Jr.'s tenure, she's already halfway through the maximum length of time she would be around before she's "retired." Then there's the upcoming Scarlet Witch series, which technically wouldn't be a roadblock, but I'm doubtful Marvel would want to pursue such a cataclysmic change to the status quo while that series is ongoing.

More likely, Marvel would want to use House of M as an opportunity to recast under the guise that Wanda altering reality includes altering the way she looks. In theory, they could even want to use it as a way to recast other characters too, which in turn could push HoM back further.
    MCU X-men could be introduced on an alternate Earth different from the one occupied by the Avengers, which can be accessed across the Quantum Realm. Crossover would be allowed across the Quantum Realm between these Earths. This alternate Earth could have its own mutant versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, each of whom would be played by different actors. The House of M could exist on that world, with the family ruling Genosha together like they were in the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    MCU X-men could be introduced on an alternate Earth different from the one occupied by the Avengers, which can be accessed across the Quantum Realm. Crossover would be allowed across the Quantum Realm between these Earths. This alternate Earth could have its own mutant versions of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, each of whom would be played by different actors. The House of M could exist on that world, with the family ruling Genosha together like they were in the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.
    This would be an interesting approach to take. I don't think it's likely, though, because I get the impression that Marvel would want the X-Men and Fantastic Four as a natural part of the main universe - rather than saying they're part of a separate dimension that requires special travel to reach. Technically, Marvel could also introduce this alternate Earth and then shift the focus of all their live action work into it, but I think the desire to maintain continuity with all the live action work they've been doing since Iron Man would be too strong.

Overall, I think what comes next for both MCU and Star Wars isn't necessarily going to be instasales like everything for them has been up til now. Important distinction: I'm not saying future projects are going to fail, or even that sales will go downhill instead of staying where they are or climbing. I'm saying those sales aren't a certainty and they'll have to work more for it. The shine of Disney-led MCU and Star Wars films is dulling now that their first full cycles are complete (Star Wars after this winter). Works that come after will be increasingly measured by what came before them.

MCU has a slight benefit over Star Wars in that regaining X-Men and Fantastic Four will generate some big buzz when they're incorporated into the MCU, boosting everything for a while.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Yeah, would be much better if it's just an AU Wanda that has minimal appearance. If they do that Wanda's lack of appearance and character in HoM comic would actually be a good thing since that will make her expandable and just a plot device only for this particular story. They can shove all kinds of cliche tropes on her and that won't matter. Focus on Lorna and Pietro that are more connected to X-lore and Mutants.
    After the X-Men move to the main universe, they can just get rid of her to avoid confusion, just like how Comic Wanda is a casualty of HoM, but this time, there is no major loss. And they could let them interact with Main Wanda if they want.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-11-2019 at 08:51 PM.

BANNED

Nah..no way...Bendis isnt writing this so Wanda wouldn't be the villain underneath the chaos..not after all that trouble they went to in CC to have it be Doom.
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 05-12-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Would of been a great sight...its heart wrenching to read those final comments from Emma. Such potential wasted because of odd misdirection and a focus on lesser types.
    Emma Dumont made the character popular and a break out star globally due to season 1. When she was into the character it showed and she powered the first season. Dumont did what she could, but season two was an disaster for the character in every way shape and form.

As for Lorna in the MCU I don't see it happening for quite some time after they actually appear. The bench of core X-Men are too large that I can't see it coming to pass at least in the first ten years after they show up and that is sounding like about 5 years from now.

Its going to be a long wait and I think the fans themselves need to think hard about how Lorna can fit into things because I don't see any obvious slots on the X-Men for her. If she is on the faction opposing the X-Men I also don't see it as a one or two movie deal before she becomes an X-Man the way it was for Wanda, because too many slots (Rogue, Storm, Jean) among others are going to be filled. A Nebula like position is the absolute apex of what could possibly be hoped for, though more slots are likely to be filled by x-women then Guardians slots were filled by women before Nebula showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Why would the Marauders make moves like that without Sinister giving them the go head?
    Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. The Marauders were always bite sized bitches of Mr. Sinister except when Magneto enslaved them as punishment, though it might have been someone else at play. Sinister is a second tier antagonist and the Marauders are third tier antagonists in the end.

How I would rank the antagonists and teams.

First tier antagonists- Magneto, Emma Frost, Dark Phoenix.

Second tier antagonists- Apocalypse, Sinister, Sabretooth, Cassandra Nova, The Shadow King.

Third tier antagonists- The Marauders, The Nasty Boys, the Friends of Humanity, Mutant Liberation Front.

Mystique is arguably first tier or second as for the Dark Phoenix I was basing that off overall popularity and mass media focus. Generally power corruption storylines can be great for characters viewed as morally pure, certainly the Phoenix did wonders for Jean. Straight up possessions though never work the same way because its someone else pulling the stings. The successful Dark Phoenix stories for Jean have always been played as corruption not possession.

The Brotherhood can move between first and second tier depending on the era and who is leading them and the team makeup. The Hellfire Club and Acolytes are pretty solidly second tier antagonists.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-12-2019 at 12:02 PM.

https://www.deviantart.com/ironmanja...of-M-740670676

Fan concept art.

Some fans absolutely love HoM and some blame it for everything that has gone wrong for Wanda as a character in the modern era.

I will say it’s going to happen though a decade minimum or more likely a decade and a half until it does if they want to use it as a continuity reset button. That said House of M in the way it played out on WATXM the animated series as more of a Mutant utopia the family is building has the potential to occur sooner if they have it play out that way.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-12-2019 at 01:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Emma Dumont made the character popular and a break out star globally due to season 1. When she was into the character it showed and she powered the first season. Dumont did what she could, but season two was an disaster for the character in every way shape and form.

As for Lorna in the MCU I don't see it happening for quite some time after they actually appear. The bench of core X-Men are too large that I can't see it coming to pass at least in the first ten years after they show up and that is sounding like about 5 years from now.

Its going to be a long wait and I think the fans themselves need to think hard about how Lorna can fit into things because I don't see any obvious slots on the X-Men for her. If she is on the faction opposing the X-Men I also don't see it as a one or two movie deal before she becomes an X-Man the way it was for Wanda, because too many slots (Rogue, Storm, Jean) among others are going to be filled. A Nebula like position is the absolute apex of what could possibly be hoped for, though more slots are likely to be filled by x-women then Guardians slots were filled by women before Nebula showed up.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. The Marauders were always bite sized bitches of Mr. Sinister except when Magneto enslaved them as punishment, though it might have been someone else at play. Sinister is a second tier antagonist and the Marauders are third tier antagonists in the end.

How I would rank the antagonists and teams.

First tier antagonists- Magneto, Emma Frost, Dark Phoenix.

Second tier antagonists- Apocalypse, Sinister, Sabretooth, Cassandra Nova, The Shadow King.

Third tier antagonists- The Marauders, The Nasty Boys, the Friends of Humanity, Mutant Liberation Front.

Mystique is arguably first tier or second as for the Dark Phoenix I was basing that off overall popularity and mass media focus. Generally power corruption storylines can be great for characters viewed as morally pure, certainly the Phoenix did wonders for Jean. Straight up possessions though never work the same way because its someone else pulling the stings. The successful Dark Phoenix stories for Jean have always been played as corruption not possession.

The Brotherhood can move between first and second tier depending on the era and who is leading them and the team makeup. The Hellfire Club and Acolytes are pretty solidly second tier antagonists.
    Her Instagram fan page responses to that post are overwhelming in support of Emma and pro Lorna discovery. She did a great job.

Emma Frost I would say is nowhere near seen as the same level as Sinister or Apocalypse...especially mainstream wise with fans.

Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister have been the top 3 villains since the 80s at least. They had Sinister basically run Aeason 2 of the Fox Series and Apocalypse had major stories on the Fox version and on Evolution...Mystique gets pushed but shes more as a disguised nuisance that is a sidekick for Magneto or Apocalypse or ends up messing with Rogue.
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 05-12-2019 at 01:29 PM.