Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes, my first thought after seeing it was "But Wanda and Pietro never were X-men" and then I remember they aren not mutants anymore sigh, they are trolling us with that just like they used to tease Jean Grey fans imo but it could be interesting, maybe they will be on a Uncanny X-men future arc.
    Good point about how they used to troll Jean Grey fans; they really did. And for a while, they used to troll Romy fans too. But Romy fans got a regime change and satisfaction. Maybe the same thing will happen in the future with Wanda and Pietro. (I hope I live that long. >>>sigh again<<<)

And I wonder how long it will take to see Magneto back as an anti-hero.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes, I hope that they are teasing us about the twins because they will change the status quo back, imo, if the movies or Wanda TV series do it first, the comics will follow. Marvel will get the X-men back in 6 months so I give it 1 or 2 years to see Magneto on the MCU, maybe as the twins father. Donīt be so negative

I miss Magneto as an anti-hero so much, he works better that way, as someone in the middle who sometimes works with the X-men and sometimes he doesnīt because he has his own plans I feel like marvel just doesnīt know what to do with him, he used to have the more clear motivations and objectives and now he just seems to be brain washed by the villain in turn.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-04-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Magneto too with fusion

Last edited by juan678; 01-08-2019 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Polaris by Ryan Kelly.

Not sure if this had ever been shared here or not, but I recently saw this and though I'd post it. A great job by Ryan.

https://twitter.com/funrama/status/859890731548332033

Peter David is still my favorite writer for Lorna. I really liked when he had Lorna express not liking people trying to get inside her head. A small detail that makes so much sense for the character seeing what she had gone through with Malice.
    Thanks Soulsword323

too Magneto and Scarlet Witch

https://twitter.com/funrama/status/1080558688828616705

https://twitter.com/funrama/status/1081641927555067905

Extraordinary Member

Without getting too deep into whether it would be a good or bad thing, media speculation about Wanda and Pietro becoming Magneto's children in the MCU reminds me of media speculation about them turning out to be Inhumans in the MCU. There was never any indication that they would be, but everyone wanted to speculate.

I do think it would be pretty silly for them to be Magneto's children in the MCU, where they already have parents and the creators tend to prefer simple origin stories, not absurdly complicated ones like in the comics. Plus the MCU version of Magneto (if they even make one) couldn't be their father unless they took the WWII backstory away from him.

In the comics, of course, their backstory is hopelessly screwed up forever, so one more retcon won't make any difference.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Thank you for the images and gifts Juan

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Without getting too deep into whether it would be a good or bad thing, media speculation about Wanda and Pietro becoming Magneto's children in the MCU reminds me of media speculation about them turning out to be Inhumans in the MCU. There was never any indication that they would be, but everyone wanted to speculate.

I do think it would be pretty silly for them to be Magneto's children in the MCU, where they already have parents and the creators tend to prefer simple origin stories, not absurdly complicated ones like in the comics. Plus the MCU version of Magneto (if they even make one) couldn't be their father unless they took the WWII backstory away from him.

In the comics, of course, their backstory is hopelessly screwed up forever, so one more retcon won't make any difference.
    I donīt know, I see two possibilities in the MCU

1.- They donīt make Wanda and Pietro Magnetoīs children and decide to introduce the concept of mutans with a movie, like Spider-man, or a TV Series.

2.- They use Wanda and Pietro backstory,for example: saying that their adoptive parents died during the attack on their house, introduce Magneto and with him the mutants in the MCU. Captain America also comes from WWII so I donīt think this is an impossible problem to overcome but it involves of course, developing a more complex story . Not so long age Wandaīs actor was talking about HoM as a possible solution.

What I donīt doubt is that at some point Magneto and the X-men will be in the MCU because Kevin Feige is already thinking about ways to do this:

Kevin Feige Will Officially Be In Charge Of The X-Men When Disney’s Buyout Of Fox Is Finalized (http://sciencefiction.com/2018/09/20...-charge-x-men/)

Here’s The Geeky X-MEN Moment Kevin Feige Is Dying To Bring To Life In The MCU (https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/01...ring-life-mcu/)

And yes I am hoping that now that the rights of the X-men are coming back marvel will make the twins Magnetoīs children again, one more retcon doesnīt change much, specially since even in the Scarlet Witch solo there was no confirmation about who their father was.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-08-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

2x11