Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Brought over... Marvel’s 80th anniversary cover. I found one Quicksilver and two of Wanda and Magneto.
    I found Waldo and 2 DC characters
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I found Waldo and 2 DC characters
    Pics or it didn't happen.

If nothing else, Polaris matters immensely where it counts most. Marvel may deny her worth. We know better. Marvel can't stop people from loving the character and the effects of that love over 50 years.

Nor can Marvel stop people from acknowledging and representing both Lorna as a meaningful female X-Men character, and as part of the Magnus family.

Lastly, I got on a Tumblr convo about the sexuality of various Magnus family members. This came from a post floating various members as gay, lesbian, pan or bi. The original post put forth Lorna as pansexual. I've said before that I think Lorna being in a lesbian relationship would be a good change for her. Increasingly, I think being in one with Jean would be ideal. It would open the door to digging into shared history, including adding to their teammate time way back when. It would set their dynamic apart from the one between Jean and Storm (although alternately, Jean and Storm could date, and Lorna could reclaim friendship status). Of course, Lorna wouldn't be limited to Jean as a possibility, I just think a pairing of them presents the best options and makes the most sense.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

If nothing else, Polaris matters immensely where it counts most. Marvel may deny her worth. We know better. Marvel can't stop people from loving the character and the effects of that love over 50 years.

Nor can Marvel stop people from acknowledging and representing both Lorna as a meaningful female X-Men character, and as part of the Magnus family.

Lastly, I got on a Tumblr convo about the sexuality of various Magnus family members. This came from a post floating various members as gay, lesbian, pan or bi. The original post put forth Lorna as pansexual. I've said before that I think Lorna being in a lesbian relationship would be a good change for her. Increasingly, I think being in one with Jean would be ideal. It would open the door to digging into shared history, including adding to their teammate time way back when. It would set their dynamic apart from the one between Jean and Storm (although alternately, Jean and Storm could date, and Lorna could reclaim friendship status). Of course, Lorna wouldn't be limited to Jean as a possibility, I just think a pairing of them presents the best options and makes the most sense.
    That would be quite the twist..the intense argument that was always missing from Jean/Lorna interactions ends up with Jean heeling on all her Male fans...the reaction could up being more hilarious than when Rogue turned away Gambit and couldnt wait to sleep with Magneto in Legacy #249.

Father and Son

For the upcoming line it looks like there will be two main titles based on what is spawned out of House of X (probably Uncanny and New X-Men). Then there will likely be a Rosenberg Havok title... it might be called X-Factor or something else. It seems there will be an Emma centered title which might be New X-Men or something else.

I can’t imagine there won’t be an X-Force of some type as well. My guess is that House of X will spawn off the rest of the titles.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-28-2019 at 06:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    For the upcoming line it looks like there will be two main titles based on what is spawned out of House of X (probably Uncanny and New X-Men). Then there will likely be a Rosenberg Havok title... it might be called X-Factor or something else. It seems there will be an Emma centered title which might be New X-Men or something else.

I can’t imagine there won’t be an X-Force of some type as well. My guess is that House of X will spawn off the rest of the titles.
    Emma getting a book is a horrible idea. Mind boggling...she's been acting a irresponsible villain for awhile now. That's terrible news.

Seems the main Hickman books are the ones to check out...

Marvel Super War new game. Quicksilver at 1:30, Scarlet Witch at 2:00 and Quicksilver at 8:30.

Hasbro after keeping Lorna out of their Magnus family pack is rumored to be going for a Havolaris pack. Couldn’t be much more transparent there. One is better off getting custom Polaris figs.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Emma getting a book is a horrible idea. Mind boggling...she's been acting a irresponsible villain for awhile now. That's terrible news.

Seems the main Hickman books are the ones to check out...
    The X-books have been suffering from feeling like a crap load of recycled nostalgia stories and it seems Hickman will try to move away from that at least for the characters he is writing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...nny_xmen_leak/
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-30-2019 at 01:24 PM.

I'll be honest: I'm mainly expecting one of two possibilities. Either Lorna in nothing, or Lorna forced onto an X-Factor team led by Havok with efforts to reduce Lorna to role of his girlfriend again. The latter looks more and more likely as Marvel continues to try and force Havok on Lorna where they don't belong (e.g. Prisoner X moment), using her image to bait and switch people into reading a Havok story (Marvel Tales), etc. And from the latter, I expect Rosenberg is the primary cause, based on what I've seen of him.

So let's just say that is not going to go the way they think it will.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Limbo isn’t the worst of things until they have an idea worth using, but yes I know what I am expecting as well and I don’t plan on discussing it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-30-2019 at 01:24 PM.

BANNED

Who is behind this never ending Alex Summers push?? Lol.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-30-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Who is behind this never ending Alex Summers push?? Lol.
    The most likely main cause is Rosenberg. Havok is his favorite character. Everything that happened with Havok - and by extension Lorna's poor treatment around him - was a lead up to Havok leading a book. Then, when Rosenberg took on Uncanny X-Men, he made Havok part of the team. It's the basic nepotistic system at Marvel where they disregard things that need to be done and focus only on things they want to do, and other characters get screwed over for the benefit of their faves.

Which is all I need to say until the X-Men office makes its next mistake.

I have a few things to post.

Nikola Čižmešija drew this awesome piece of Miles Morales, Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker out to lunch, with Lorna as the waitress. He said he's got plans for Lorna in the future as well.

PineTherapy on Twitter cosplayed as Wanda in this set. I'm only posting the pic that includes Lorna's cosplayer. There's three more of Wanda's cosplayer if you're a Wanda fan and/or wanna check.

Lorna and Wanda's live-action versions created in Roblox. I was going to post only Lorna individually, but I wanted to go the extra step of showing how in this new user's tweet stream, they've done the sisters one right after the other - and these are the very first two tweets on the account.

I have one more post.

Tumblr's been in decline ever since the stupid adult content ban. Even so, this has managed to gather 102 notes in two days.

I don't normally highlight things like this, but right now I feel like I should make a special exception. The redesign he likes is based mostly on a concept drawn by Kris Anka, and this specific art was the final page of the Polaris minicomic, drawn by Mlad.

... And

This is an important summation of many things I have seen. It's a nice tight package.

Lorna is valued up there with Jean and Storm by many. Whether or not people want to see more of her isn't in question. They do. What people doubt is that Marvel has enough respect for her to acknowledge that interest, respect it, and pursue it. Everything they've seen out of Marvel tells them Marvel does not.

You can also see a little lower on perception of X-Men Blue, and hopes following Prisoner X - of which what I've seen writing-wise is still great when taken in isolation of its problems.

That wraps up these two posts.

Last edited by jmc247; 06-01-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Well the Waldo part was a joke but the DC part is true.
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE=]

Lastly, I got on a Tumblr convo about the sexuality of various Magnus family members. This came from a post floating various members as gay, lesbian, pan or bi. The original post put forth Lorna as pansexual. I've said before that I think Lorna being in a lesbian relationship would be a good change for her. Increasingly, I think being in one with Jean would be ideal. It would open the door to digging into shared history, including adding to their teammate time way back when. It would set their dynamic apart from the one between Jean and Storm (although alternately, Jean and Storm could date, and Lorna could reclaim friendship status). Of course, Lorna wouldn't be limited to Jean as a possibility, I just think a pairing of them presents the best options and makes the most sense.[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE=]
    Don’t you think Lorna would just fall under the same trappings with Jean as she does Alex though?
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 05-31-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”