Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Well the Waldo part was a joke but the DC part is true.
    I figured all of it was joking and joked back, but if the DC thing is true, I’ll need some direction. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Don’t you think Lorna would just fall under the same trappings with Jean as she does Alex though?
    Nope.

The key problem Lorna has with Havok is that their relationship is loaded with literal decades of Lorna depicted poorly as part of building him up. The toxicity is so deeply ingrained that BOTH times Marvel tried to force Lorna back into heavy involvement with Havok in the past 15 years (going into space, X-Men Blue) after a mere 5 years or so apart, Marvel immediately had Lorna’s story, opportunities, development all undone and thrown aside for his benefit. It’s not a few rare bad depictions. It’s a rampant recurring pattern, and every single writer who tries to force them as a couple without enough time apart and enough of Lorna given due respect away from him is guaranteed to repeat it. It’s not a challenge, it’s a hard fact.

It’s also infected treatment of Lorna around other men to some extent.

Meanwhile, Lorna has comparatively few real, consistent dynamics with any women. Her most notable female character connection is with Wanda, who she only had one issue with in the 616 in about 15 years. Nearly all problem cases she had depicted with other women are decades old. And if Marvel did have Lorna with Jean and screw it up, it’s a lot easier to rectify - vs the decades of established BS with Havok that people at Marvel have nostalgia goggles for despite how objectively bad it was.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I figured all of it was joking and joked back, but if the DC thing is true, I’ll need some direction
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-10...anging-dc-art/
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Thanks, that's an interesting oversight.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

It's good that her siblings are back in the fold, but I wish Marvel would promote Lorna with them all together. I'm ready to drop Marvel again with the regression of Lorna back 30 years ago when there was nothing to make me care about the character.

Magneto Familee Tree Earth 10005 Timeline in gif

Jakob Lehnsherr (189.........../1944)/ Edie Lehnsherr (189............/1944)

Son Erik Lensherr (1930 (2)/2023 Dias of Future Past)

Last edited by juan678; 06-03-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Son Peter Maximoff (1955/ 1992/ dearth ??)

Magda Gurzsky (.............../1983) Wife

Daughter Nina Gurzsky (1974/1983) daughter deceased

Last edited by juan678; 06-03-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Daughter Polaris (1988/ 2023?)/ Eclipse (1992/ 2023')

Grandaugther Dawn Diaz (2019)
    Last edited by juan678; 06-03-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Dark Phoenix does not acknowledge the relationship between Quicksilver and Magneto. Marvel no longer cares, and neither does Fox.

So.

I'll wait for details. There are multiple potential scenarios I can see to this, none of them good. But the honest reality is that we don't have enough information (at least that I've seen) to properly assess and determine what this means. Anything I could say at this juncture would be too hypothetical.

The one thing I can draw out of this picture is that it implies a connection between Lorna and Magneto. This is not based on the character being male, but on having Lorna's green coloration and Magneto's general look combined into one figure. An optimistic POV would say this proves Marvel will at least keep intact that Lorna is Magneto's daughter. A pessimistic POV would say it merely acknowledges that they share the same power set. There is more I can say on the latter, but again. Don't want to speak much on things when there aren't enough details to go on. What we are looking at may not be what anyone thinks it is (or even what anyone is capable of thinking it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Dark Phoenix does not acknowledge the relationship between Quicksilver and Magneto. Marvel no longer cares, and neither does Fox.
    I would wait. Dark Phoenix was in the making before, during, and after the merger deal. It's possible that at one point in the process, Marvel asked Fox to ignore their relationship, and Fox obliged. Not because neither company wants it, but because perhaps at that point, Marvel was still treating Fox like "the enemy" rather than a future acquisition.

Thanks Jmc247

Extraordinary Member

So.

I'll wait for details. There are multiple potential scenarios I can see to this, none of them good. But the honest reality is that we don't have enough information (at least that I've seen) to properly assess and determine what this means. Anything I could say at this juncture would be too hypothetical.

The one thing I can draw out of this picture is that it implies a connection between Lorna and Magneto. This is not based on the character being male, but on having Lorna's green coloration and Magneto's general look combined into one figure. An optimistic POV would say this proves Marvel will at least keep intact that Lorna is Magneto's daughter. A pessimistic POV would say it merely acknowledges that they share the same power set. There is more I can say on the latter, but again. Don't want to speak much on things when there aren't enough details to go on. What we are looking at may not be what anyone thinks it is (or even what anyone is capable of thinking it is).

I would wait. Dark Phoenix was in the making before, during, and after the merger deal. It's possible that at one point in the process, Marvel asked Fox to ignore their relationship, and Fox obliged. Not because neither company wants it, but because perhaps at that point, Marvel was still treating Fox like "the enemy" rather than a future acquisition.
    Those characters are all biological families merged together, so I thinkgthey will acknowledge Lorna being Mag's daughter.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-05-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Those characters are all biological families merged together, so I thinkg they will acknowledge Lorna being Mag's daughter.
    I haven't seen anything so far that definitively confirms this. It's a very good, high likelihood of being true assumption to make based on what's observable. But there's still enough missing that other explanations are possible. For example, others have pointed out that the woman with a sword has been shown phasing through walls, creating a linkage of Kitty Pryde along with Colossus and Magik. Considering Kitty to be family would require either taking the concept of family very loose, saying they become family in the future (via marriage), or a squicky reveal.

I'm also taking into account that people have said Hickman tries to be secretive about his plans, and Marvel may try to lay some false trails for an event of this nature to get people talking.

BANNED

I haven't seen anything so far that definitively confirms this. It's a very good, high likelihood of being true assumption to make based on what's observable. But there's still enough missing that other explanations are possible. For example, others have pointed out that the woman with a sword has been shown phasing through walls, creating a linkage of Kitty Pryde along with Colossus and Magik. Considering Kitty to be family would require either taking the concept of family very loose, saying they become family in the future (via marriage), or a squicky reveal.

I'm also taking into account that people have said Hickman tries to be secretive about his plans, and Marvel may try to lay some false trails for an event of this nature to get people talking.
    Its definitely just Magik and Colossus..there is nothing Kitty Pryde about that issue. Havent seen Kurt's father for years...odd to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Those characters are all biological families merged together, so I thinkgthey will acknowledge Lorna being Mag's daughter.
    Yes but is magneto wearing Polaris green or quicksilver green?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver