Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Yes but is magneto wearing Polaris green or quicksilver green?
    This is a worthwhile thought to consider. Ordinarily I would say it's more likely given Marvel's messaging lately. There are three things that make me think it's still a nod to Lorna - the first two trivial and more of an additional detail to the last. One, the coloration seems to be shades that don't match the shade Pietro is in when his costume's green. Two, no lightning bolt; I would expect to see that incorporated somehow. Three? The helmet's framing around his face. That frame is in keeping with the more common renditions I've seen of her headgear.

An aside, I'm tearing up a bit just re-reading that last image. The heroic horror of being safe, but hearing the raw pain and suffering of lives ending that she can't do anything to save. It's one of many reasons why Genosha means as much as it does to me. It runs so deep.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Evan Peter Double scenes

Last edited by jmc247; 06-10-2019 at 09:19 AM.

And art/minips.

The good and the bad from X-Men Dark Phoenix without getting into clear spoilers not seen in trailers.

The good is that they didn't use Genosha enough or make it developed enough to dissuade the MCU from using the story if they really want to as I feared. I am not sure they even used the name for the island.

The bad is that Quicksilver's scenes were minimal and the film suffered for it as he added very needed levity to films like DoFP, the movie (actually it was planned for two movies originally) went through extensive cuts and if there was anything related to Quicksilver tying up his family developments with Magneto that was cut perhaps by Fox or perhaps by order of the MCU.

The bad is that they went with Jean being the straight up manipulated and possessed victim which killed the emotional power of the storyline vs the comic storyline. The original Dark Phoenix storyline was a power corruption storyline not a possession. Adding in Jessica Chastain's character and Xavier's mechanizations removing her memories in the end added to removing any vestiges of responsibility from Jean herself fully re-making the storyline into a possessed, manipulated victim where the focus shifted away from Jean to those who screwed with her (Xavier, Chastain and the Phoenix Force) and if that had been how the original Phoenix storyline played out it would have never become iconic.

Jean was manipulated in the original Dark Phoenix Saga, but her kicking the Hellfire Club's ass was her breaking their leash fully turning that comic storyline from a manipulation into power corruption. I know there are some hard core Jean fans here, but in protecting Jean from culpability which the comic storyline didn't do until a years later retcon straight up robs the storyline of anything close to the original emotional impact.

The good is that Fassy, McAvoy and even Turner managed solid performances.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-11-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is the closest thing to a Magneto's appreciation thread so I would like to know your opinions on this topic please
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...mances-Magneto

Extraordinary Member

Why is Wanda listed as an X-Man, is she just there to fill some slots?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Its amusing but this is comics...they better learn how to deal with it.

Last edited by juan678; 06-12-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Do you think Hickman will restore the relationship between Magneto and the Maximoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Do you think Hickman will restore the relationship between Magneto and the Maximoffs?
    Hickman, specifically, I don't know. I could see him doing it if Magneto is one of his favorite characters (as I've heard he is). But I know Marvel in general is going to restore it at some point, only questions being when and how.

I do think Lorna should be involved when it happens. She should've been present when the Axis forced retcon happened too, but Marvel can at least let her be there for their restoration.

Wasn't really ready to say much on this before, but I am now.

The pages included in the article help to illustrate the two points I've tried to make concerning this time in how Lorna was depicted. Point one: she was depicted poorly, and such depictions need to be rectified because people at Marvel seem to view them as a blueprint for how they should treat her. Point two: doing a complete overhaul of these moments that rewrites and reframes them in a better way would be an excellent opportunity to seize upon.

One easy way to deal with this concerning Malice is to say that all the scenes where Lorna acts horribly dependent on Havok, or like a frightened damsel, were actually Malice screwing around. Pretending to be an insulting rendition of Lorna because doing it ticks Lorna off, in turn fueling Malice.

If Marvel were to pursue this though, it would be absolutely essential to make it perfectly clear what's really happening. Lack of this clarity would be worse than never touching it again. An outside example of when this sort of thing is so bad it shouldn't be done is 3rd Birthday. Squeenix made Aya Brea look cowardly, ignorant, weak, overly subservient to authority, and entirely passive about being sexually harassed and sexualized - before reaching the very end of the game, where they try to explain it as "Oh it was really this other character in Aya's body." Good, clear writing is a must if reworking the Malice history.

This is yet another reason in a loooong list of reasons why I emphasize the idea of Lorna getting a solo, mini, or oneshot. A piece of work fully dedicated to Lorna and her own POV would minimize the chance of mistakes. If you don't need to juggle a whole team worth of characters' depictions and panel time, you can devote your thoughts to getting things like this right. Overcoming decades of false assumptions.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)