Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Thanks jmc247 Looks very interesting. Here are some images for future issues:

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-29-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: to add an image

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-29-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

art by Magickmarker Lorna Pokemon 2019

art by Magickmarker

Cross-post.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

A stand-alone of the Rage Gear Studios art that included three other female villain characters.

Beach fun cosplay (or "cosplay") Gambit's tagged, so I assume the guy in back is meant to be Gambit.

More yhasyme sister cosplay. Each of them has an additional separate picture on the instagram post.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I want to bump this thread up.

Regarding the POWERS OF X #2 Magneto/Xavier/Moira scene and when it occurs: the reason I think this does NOT take place just before UNCANNY X-MEN #150 but rather earlier or later, is not only does it make more sense for the X-0, X-1 time periods and how those fit Moira X's life-line, but also Magneto was only on his Bermuda Triangle Island before UNCANNY #150 to try and take over the world, and fled thereafter. So he shakes hands and agrees to partner with Xavier and Moira and sees all his failures, but then he goes right ahead and threatens the entire world? I mean, the plot of UXM #150 is Magneto announcing to the world that humans will give up their nuclear weapons and non-mutant humans are all scum (to paraphrase) and they need Magneto to rule the world as their benevolent dictator. Then Xavier shows up with the X-Men (Scott and his girlfriend at the time Lee Forrester are already there) and they attack Magneto, he nearly defeats them but then nearly kills Kitty Pryde. It's one of Magneto's most iconic moments. Nearly killing Kitty is what made him rethink things; he immediately fled the island for Asteroid M 2.

If Magneto has just seen all his failures, and agrees to change his ways and shakes hands with Xavier, why would he a mere days later try to take over the world as a benevolent dictator? Why would Xavier order an attack and put Kitty Pryde at risk?

Either Moira-10th is not the 616 timeline, or the meeting with Xavier and Moira occurred at a different time, either before Cape Citadel which also means the 10th Life isn't 616, or around the time Magneto and Lee Forrester had their affair, during the NEW MUTANTS mid-to-late 20s and around UXM #190 to #192. Summoning Magneto to help him fight the Beyonder would be like a test of the new partnership.

But I still don't see why Moira, on her 10th and possibly last life, desperate to make a difference, once she and Xavier had created the X-Men, why they would wait all that time to recruit Magneto, letting him run amok, poisoning mutant and non-mutant human relations. Magneto's psychotic attempts to threaten the world caused the creation of the sentinels in the first place. The only thing I can think of is, Magneto's mental illness was so severe, he'd damaged his brain by overuse and abuse of his powers so much, that he was too far gone and had to be baby-ized by Mutant Alpha. Only Mutant Alpha could do that, and in order for him to get to the point of creating Mutant Alpha, he had to do all those horrible things, leading to the FF imprisoning him, which lead to his escape, which led to Magneto accidentally finding Maelstrom's caverns and the bioengineering technology and information hidden there. And then he created Mutant Alpha from that Deviant/Inhuman knowledge and tech. Once Magneto was a baby in Moira's care (this is the 10th Life, and presumably this all happened in previous lives), she set about fixing his central nervous system so it could handle larger amounts of power without Magneto going insane again, which originally was a selfish act by Moira as she was trying to fix her own son Kevin and used baby Magneto as an experimental subject. Perhaps in the 10th life, she fixes the flaw in Magneto's mutation in order to allow him to be more powerful because he will be needed in the future for whatever Moira X has planned. In any case, she kept this a secret from Magneto in multiple lives so she should have KNOWN what would happen once Magneto found out (if this had happened before): it enraged him. He must have seen this as a betrayal of their pact, a personal betrayal of the most egregious kind, thus "Schism." (Mutant Genesis.) I'm surprised he didn't kill Moira on Asteroid M-3 then and there. Ooops, Moira, last chance, 10th life over, you lose.

Still this is needlessly complicated, the behavior of the characters don't make sense if Xavier and Magneto know everything that will happen. Which again is why the 10th Life doesn't seem to me to be the main 616 timeline.
    Last edited by Rivka; 08-16-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post

Regarding the POWERS OF X #2 Magneto/Xavier/Moira scene and when it occurs: the reason I think this does NOT take place just before UNCANNY X-MEN #150 but rather earlier or later, is not only does it make more sense for the X-0, X-1 time periods and how those fit Moira X's life-line, but also Magneto was only on his Bermuda Triangle Island before UNCANNY #150 to try and take over the world, and fled thereafter. So he shakes hands and agrees to partner with Xavier and Moira and sees all his failures, but then he goes right ahead and threatens the entire world? I mean, the plot of UXM #150 is Magneto announcing to the world that humans will give up their nuclear weapons and non-mutant humans are all scum (to paraphrase) and they need Magneto to rule the world as their benevolent dictator. Then Xavier shows up with the X-Men (Scott and his girlfriend at the time Lee Forrester are already there) and they attack Magneto, he nearly defeats them but then nearly kills Kitty Pryde. It's one of Magneto's most iconic moments. Nearly killing Kitty is what made him rethink things; he immediately fled the island for Asteroid M 2.

If Magneto has just seen all his failures, and agrees to change his ways and shakes hands with Xavier, why would he a mere days later try to take over the world as a benevolent dictator? Why would Xavier order an attack and put Kitty Pryde at risk?

Either Moira-10th is not the 616 timeline, or the meeting with Xavier and Moira occurred at a different time, either before Cape Citadel which also means the 10th Life isn't 616, or around the time Magneto and Lee Forrester had their affair, during the NEW MUTANTS mid-to-late 20s and around UXM #190 to #192. Summoning Magneto to help him fight the Beyonder would be like a test of the new partnership.

But I still don't see why Moira, on her 10th and possibly last life, desperate to make a difference, once she and Xavier had created the X-Men, why they would wait all that time to recruit Magneto, letting him run amok, poisoning mutant and non-mutant human relations. Magneto's psychotic attempts to threaten the world caused the creation of the sentinels in the first place. The only thing I can think of is, Magneto's mental illness was so severe, he'd damaged his brain by overuse and abuse of his powers so much, that he was too far gone and had to be baby-ized by Mutant Alpha. Only Mutant Alpha could do that, and in order for him to get to the point of creating Mutant Alpha, he had to do all those horrible things, leading to the FF imprisoning him, which lead to his escape, which led to Magneto accidentally finding Maelstrom's caverns and the bioengineering technology and information hidden there. And then he created Mutant Alpha from that Deviant/Inhuman knowledge and tech. Once Magneto was a baby in Moira's care (this is the 10th Life, and presumably this all happened in previous lives), she set about fixing his central nervous system so it could handle larger amounts of power without Magneto going insane again, which originally was a selfish act by Moira as she was trying to fix her own son Kevin and used baby Magneto as an experimental subject. Perhaps in the 10th life, she fixes the flaw in Magneto's mutation in order to allow him to be more powerful because he will be needed in the future for whatever Moira X has planned. In any case, she kept this a secret from Magneto in multiple lives so she should have KNOWN what would happen once Magneto found out (if this had happened before): it enraged him. He must have seen this as a betrayal of their pact, a personal betrayal of the most egregious kind, thus "Schism." (Mutant Genesis.) I'm surprised he didn't kill Moira on Asteroid M-3 then and there. Ooops, Moira, last chance, 10th life over, you lose.

Still this is needlessly complicated, the behavior of the characters don't make sense if Xavier and Magneto know everything that will happen. Which again is why the 10th Life doesn't seem to me to be the main 616 timeline.
    I think that the Marvel universe was year 4 for Moira and she just resurfaced. We will get some sort of reset in my opinion at the end.

Based on the solicits for the new titles Krakatoa is still an island home to mutants after the series so we might get a blending of different time lines. The one where Xavier and Magneto already knew everything is not 616 or else the history would have been quite different. I think Hickman wants to create a new x-line where everything seems possible, goes in radical new directions and doesn't feel like a rehash of 80s and 90s comics.

My view on the sales for House of X and Powers of X #1's was disappointing and probably a function of retailers being gun shy in orders of new #1's for x-comics because of so many line wide resets. The Fantastic Four #1 last year started off at nearly 400K so its about half that. I believe that if the retailers ordered that many it would have sold about that many for HoX and PoX. However, what is done and the real question is how many are retained. Its going to hurt the post reboot titles sales if the HoX/PoX doesn't end above 100K each.

Magneto so far is AWOL from the upcoming solicits. If they are planning on a new title with him and other characters seemingly without a home like Lorna the longer they wait after the reboot the more difficult it will be to take off because of the momentum factor. Right now I don’t believe the underlying sales problem plaguing the x-books the past two decades is gone even with some giving the line a second or third look.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-17-2019 at 03:20 AM.

I think either Moiraīs 10th life is the 616 or maybe life 11th but so far I think that her 10 life makes more sense, I donīt think Magneto being in her care after being reduced into a baby happened in most of her other lifeīs except in the ones she is an active supporter of Xavier, after all he asked her to take care of Magneto because they were friends, that could not happen if she didnīt initiate a relationship between her and Xavier and it brings a question of how mentally unstable was the Magneto of her 8th life with which she made an alliance to take over the world. imo he either was reduced to infancy and remained unstable but less so because his nervous system was "healed" after growing out again or heīs the same silver age Magneto which would explain why he and Moira didnīt get much done before being taken over by the super heros.

But well I do think that their alliance happens in her 10th life(616 continuity) just after UXM 150 but before his relationship with Lee and Secret Wars II, maybe he went back to the island for food and others things before going back to Asteroid M, I believe this because around this time he also visited Magdaīs grave and seek to really know what happened to her which ended in his discovery of the twins being his children, imo, for him to rethink his life and his relationship with Magda something must have happened to put him in a reflective mode of his life choices and this alliance with Charles and Moira would explain at least part of that change imo.

Moira and Proteus: it seems proteus only was born in her 10th life, she had other children but no one with the power and mental unstability of proteus my guess is that she didnīt expect to have proteus with Mactaggart and she genuinely seek to cure him of his unstability using Magneto as an experimental subject, maybe she tought it would help them both who knows.

Another explanation is that the alliance(life 10) isnīt part of 616 continuity, and what we are seeing in X10 years is her life 11(616 continuity) in which maybe there wasnīt an alliance with Magneto.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Cross-post from Polaris thread.

A little reminder of how fans consider the family to be the family, not excluding any of them like Marvel did with the pack these figures came from.

I've seen a few of these playful "Magnus family therapy sessions" kind of posts over time, and they're always pretty amusing. And also indicative of how people recognize the family has interesting issues worth exploring as a family.

I have nothing to say about HoX/PoX itself. I've seen enough of the event, and fandom and Marvel behavior around it, that I'd rather mostly just wash my hands of it and wait for a future good event to come along.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-17-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Cross-post from Polaris thread.

I have nothing to say about HoX/PoX itself. I've seen enough of the event, and fandom and Marvel behavior around it, that I'd rather mostly just wash my hands of it and wait for a future good event to come along.

The whole thing is upsetting and taking up a lot of my time, so maybe the best course of action for me is, wait until the entire 12 issues are published (October?) and then see what there is left of 616 continuity, and what is important to argue about.

We know next to nothing about the Magnus Family's fate, or if there will even be a Magnus family in 2020. Or if there is, will the characters be altered beyond recognition. I wish I knew more about what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think either Moiraīs 10th life is the 616 or maybe life 11th but so far I think that her 10 life makes more sense, I donīt think Magneto being in her care after being reduced into a baby happened in most of her other lifeīs except in the ones she is an active supporter of Xavier, after all he asked her to take care of Magneto because they were friends, that could not happen if she didnīt initiate a relationship between her and Xavier and it brings a question of how mentally unstable was the Magneto of her 8th life with which she made an alliance to take over the world. imo he either was reduced to infancy and remained unstable but less so because his nervous system was "healed" after growing out again or heīs the same silver age Magneto which would explain why he and Moira didnīt get much done before being taken over by the super heros.

But well I do think that their alliance happens in her 10th life(616 continuity) just after UXM 150 but before his relationship with Lee and Secret Wars II, maybe he went back to the island for food and others things before going back to Asteroid M, I believe this because around this time he also visited Magdaīs grave and seek to really know what happened to her which ended in his discovery of the twins being his children, imo, for him to rethink his life and his relationship with Magda something must have happened to put him in a reflective mode of his life choices and this alliance with Charles and Moira would explain at least part of that change imo.

Moira and Proteus: it seems proteus only was born in her 10th life, she had other children but no one with the power and mental unstability of proteus my guess is that she didnīt expect to have proteus with Mactaggart and she genuinely seek to cure him of his unstability using Magneto as an experimental subject, maybe she tought it would help them both who knows.

Another explanation is that the alliance(life 10) isnīt part of 616 continuity, and what we are seeing in X10 years is her life 11(616 continuity) in which maybe there wasnīt an alliance with Magneto.
    Your points are well taken. And I can't argue with you about the exact moment Xavier, Magneto, and Moira made their alliance because I don't really know and I hope all will be revealed by the end of October. But from my point of view, reading the original stories, it seems he totally abandoned the island, fleeing the fight with the X-Men and only returned because Asteroid M-2 was destroyed and he fell to the ocean. When Lee found him near death, he was still his old self, still defensive and hostile. To me, he just didn't seem like a man who had made a pact with Xavier and Moira MacTaggert to work together instead of apart for mutant supremacy. Again, this is just me, how I look at it--when the giant Xavier head appeared (right at the moment Magneto and Lee were getting intimate again), and summoned Magneto to be an ally, THAT is when it seems the pact had just been made, because I always thought, *Why would Magneto just jump to help Xavier at that point, right when he's found love and companionship with Lee Forrester?* (I know, real world, Marvel was doing Secret Wars and gathering the participant characters.) But in-universe, the way Magneto was like, *Anything you say, Charles, I'm on my way* seems now more like a man who has just made a pact with Xavier that overrides his personal desires. Otherwise, I don't see him obeying Xavier like that and abandoning his personal happiness.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, and who knows what the timelines will do or what is going on. It's a tricky plot device, reliving lives, or time travel, where characters know everything that's going to happen. Especially if you're plugging this in to 50+ years of ongoing stories; there's going to be a lot of conflict and times when nothing makes any sense.

The whole thing is upsetting and taking up a lot of my time, so maybe the best course of action for me is, wait until the entire 12 issues are published (October?) and then see what there is left of 616 continuity, and what is important to argue about.

We know next to nothing about the Magnus Family's fate, or if there will even be a Magnus family in 2020. Or if there is, will the characters be altered beyond recognition. I wish I knew more about what's going to happen.
    The specifics of what's to come can't be predicted, but the broad strokes can be with high confidence when looking at trends, past work, and remarks in interviews/social media. Of what I've seen, this isn't the way forward.

But this has since become mostly forest for the trees for me. There are bigger, more important things to focus on.

If you want to focus on the details though, there isn't a lot I can say except that HoX/PoX and what comes after is a very unstable situation. Marvel's changing something, but it's not what they think they're changing, and it's not for the better unless they start doing things to make it better.