Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 843
  1. #586
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,433

    Default


  2. #587
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,166

    Default

    On the solo comic topic out of the core family members Quicksilver has gotten one at a time the market was hot and Wanda and Magneto were given solos at times the market was quite weak. Out of all of them the only one I would say meets the basic criteria for sales success was the Magneto ongoing. Due to its success they basically turned Uncanny X-Men into Bunn's Magneto solo title for a little while.

    I will just say one can learn from the successes and failures of each. The Quicksilver solo was too into the minutia of Wundagore and too focused on the Inhumans and a lot of other things fans didn't actually care about. It didn't take advantage of Pietro's still popular relationships on the X-Men side of things including from X-Factor (Lorna, but not only her). It tried too hard to have Pietro be his own man separate from his sister or his father at the time which only meant Wanda and Magneto fans didn't show up.

    For the Wanda ongoing it was too into minutia that comic fans outside hard core Wanda fans didn't actually care about either. They tried to use it as a vehicle to promote and sell an unpopular retcon. They bought into the line that for Wanda to be 'empowered' she has to hate her then ex-father and current brother. To be her own woman she had to be without real relationships with characters the masses of comic fans care about.

    The Magneto ongoing in contrast to the other two played on the relationships between Magneto and all of his kids. It was unafraid to have him make mistakes and shock the audience at times. It got into his head and dealt with major topics the audience cared about such as the Holocaust and Genoshan genocide. I will be frank an ongoing series that focuses too much on things the audience doesn't care about will be gone even with a good start.

    Retailers don’t have the faith they used to in the line. All New X-Factor was killed by retailers before things ever got off the ground because they badly under ordered the first three issues. That meant unless the series was such a critical hit that the mainstream press picked up on it or it was given the MCU movie promotional sales levels for a titles cancelation which the Wanda ongoing was given it was going to be dead within a year or so.

    Retailers are betting animals and after a couple bad bets they are gun shy. Even a proven name like Hickman retailers have been gun shy about ordering the 400K-500K issues they should have for his reboot. That is bad news going forward for the whole x-line because when interest dies down it probably means maybe half that total of regular comic book readers divided across several books vs what could have been of 200-300K regular x-readers (again) divided over several books.

    I am generally a fan of Marvel first going forward with a Magnus family ongoing as there is a lot to put back together and deal with in terms of all of them. Retailers would also most certainly bet on it as they did Secret War House of M which was AU and yet sold 70K+ first issue and stayed above 30K for the rest of the mini. An actual 616 Magnus family ongoing with a good start could start around 100K.

    In terms of any individual member of the family if a super star writer/artist team have a good idea and make it work I would certainly support it. But, to have any hope of not being dead on arrival it needs retailer buy in and it would have to have a great selling point and focus on big picture items as the Magneto ongoing did not kill itself in the weeds of minutia the way the Quicksilver and Wanda ongoings did nor mistake the concept of personal empowerment with divorcing the title character from their relationships fans care about.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-22-2019 at 07:09 PM.

  3. #588

    Default





    These three amazing pieces are brand new from bikenesmith, who made the diverse Polarises commission. Enjoy!
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  4. #589
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    WandaVision will have Monica from Captain marvel, Darcy from Thor, and Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man, but no word of Quicksilver or Magneto appearing.

  5. #590
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    WandaVision will have Monica from Captain marvel, Darcy from Thor, and Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man, but no word of Quicksilver or Magneto appearing.
    I already gave up of them revealing Magneto as their father.
    QuickSilver should definitely be there

  6. #591

    Default

    I talked to someone that said they saw an article where Marvel was considering House of M, and possibly bringing Polaris into WandaVision and the next Doctor Strange movie. I couldn't find any articles like it though.

    I think it was unlikely for the family to be brought together via WandaVision. First, Marvel doesn't want to admit the real reason for the retcon, so they'll hold off on fixing it. Second, I think they'll want to introduce the X-Men franchise itself (or at least popular characters from it) before establishing things like the Magnus family. Sort of like establishing the Batman origin story before introducing Robin and Batgirl.

    I heard WandaVision was mainly going to adapt from the Vision series. Which to me, sounds like using Wanda as a supporting character for Vision's stories. But that's all dependent on if what I heard is true.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  7. #592
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,392

    Default

    I don't think it is something againts Polaris and Magneto only.
    They have Pietro and don't want to use him.

  8. #593
    Incredible Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    WandaVision will have Monica from Captain marvel, Darcy from Thor, and Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man, but no word of Quicksilver or Magneto appearing.
    It would be nice if at least Quicksilver was mentioned or he made an appareance alive or as a memory, after all he was her brother in the MCU and the main reason why they killed him was because they thought he would be an obstacle for the Wanda and Vision couple. Maybe tell a story about Pietro and Wanda childhood.

    About Magneto I am of two minds:

    a) They make him the twins biological father and reveal it in the series to mirror the original "Vision and the Scarlet Witch series".

    b) Magneto doesnīt appear at all in the series and heīs slowly introduced in the MCU by other means, maybe after the Eternals movie, a Wolverine movie, X-men movie or even a flash back from WWII with Captain America.

    I heard the Russo brothers were interested in doing House of M but as things are now they will need to do a lot of worldbuilding or make radical changes to accomodate the story in the MCU. So not sure this is still in their plans.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-24-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  9. #594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I talked to someone that said they saw an article where Marvel was considering House of M, and possibly bringing Polaris into WandaVision and the next Doctor Strange movie. I couldn't find any articles like it though.

    I think it was unlikely for the family to be brought together via WandaVision. First, Marvel doesn't want to admit the real reason for the retcon, so they'll hold off on fixing it. Second, I think they'll want to introduce the X-Men franchise itself (or at least popular characters from it) before establishing things like the Magnus family. Sort of like establishing the Batman origin story before introducing Robin and Batgirl.

    I heard WandaVision was mainly going to adapt from the Vision series. Which to me, sounds like using Wanda as a supporting character for Vision's stories. But that's all dependent on if what I heard is true.
    It takes parts of Vision, and Vision and the Scarlet Witch. But it's said to be a Dick Van Dyke style show about their relationship. Which ties into Doctor Strange. Which has a Lovecraftian title, so I'm hoping for some Chthonic stuff.
    Was Curlytop

  10. #595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It would be nice if at least Quicksilver was mentioned or he made an appareance alive or as a memory, after all he was her brother in the MCU and the main reason why they killed him was because they thought he would be an obstacle for the Wanda and Vision couple. Maybe tell a story about Pietro and Wanda childhood.

    About Magneto I am of two minds:

    a) They make him the twins biological father and reveal it in the series to mirror the original "Vision and the Scarlet Witch series".

    b) Magneto doesnīt appear at all in the series and heīs slowly introduced in the MCU by other means, maybe after the Eternals movie, a Wolverine movie, X-men movie or even a flash back from WWII with Captain America.

    I heard the Russo brothers were interested in doing House of M but as things are now they will need to do a lot of worldbuilding or make radical changes to accomodate the story in the MCU. So not sure this is still in their plans.
    If they do HoM, have Wanda far away from it. They could use any plot device in her place. In her limited time, it should be about her own stories. Not something that kept her in a coma, then as a mute princess. Just to form years of mutant storylines and throw Wanda in the fridge for years.
    Was Curlytop

  11. #596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    For the Wanda ongoing it was too into minutia that comic fans outside hard core Wanda fans didn't actually care about either. They tried to use it as a vehicle to promote and sell an unpopular retcon. They bought into the line that for Wanda to be 'empowered' she has to hate her then ex-father and current brother. To be her own woman she had to be without real relationships with characters the masses of comic fans care about.
    This wasn't the problem for the book. The problem for the book was that it changed artists every issue. A lot of people complained about that. The retcon was of a retcon. So it's something that x-fans seem to care about more. Wanda has hated Mags for a while.... at times she felt she should give him a chance. But they never had a warm relationship. The stuff between her and Pietro was dumb though. But what was great about the book was that they made Wanda a magic detective. Which is a nice different, new thing to give her. And sure, if you don't like magic stuff, it won't appeal to you. But it's the same with Doctor Strange. They are pushing her more toward the supernatural end. Which suits her powers more.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #597
    Incredible Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If they do HoM, have Wanda far away from it. They could use any plot device in her place. In her limited time, it should be about her own stories. Not something that kept her in a coma, then as a mute princess. Just to form years of mutant storylines and throw Wanda in the fridge for years.
    I can see why Wanda fans donīt like the idea and really the Russo brothers were just talking about it being an alternative story for Endgame in one of their last interviews, as far as we know there is no reason to believe they are working on HoM, first they would have to introduce mutants, X-men, magneto, make the twins his children, etc. At this point who knows what a HoM version in the MCU would look like.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  13. #598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I can see why Wanda fans donīt like the idea and really the Russo brothers were just talking about it being an alternative story for Endgame in one of their last interviews, as far as we know there is no reason to believe they are working on HoM, first they would have to introduce mutants, X-men, magneto, make the twins his children, etc. At this point who knows what a HoM version in the MCU would look like.
    I hope they take their time. Not rush things, so everything ends up well. It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time, lol!
    Was Curlytop

  14. #599
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,433

    Default


  15. #600
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,433

    Default


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •