Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Curious, you often go on about wanting more Lorna and Wanda (I do to, I love their interactions) but you hardly ever discuss Quicksilver and Lorna in that light. Is it some lesbian sister thing? Just wondering.

BANNED

Wanda and Pietro have always been primarily the purview of Avengers editorial, going back to the 60s. They're used in X-books off and on when Marvel feels like allowing it (Pietro's extended time with X-Factor, Fatal Attractions, HoM, etc). That's fine with me for the most part. They have never been deeply involved in mutant affairs and have kept their distance from Magneto, and Magneto has rarely been an Avengers concern.

I do think the mutants should've formed an X-Force kill squad to eliminate Wanda for what she did - she was too dangerous to be allowed to live. But that's an in-universe note. In reality Wanda is a rich and fascinating character whether she's 'good' or unbalanced and I am fine with her being around and happy she's back in the fold. I do think a lot of the Marvel U characters have let her a bit too off the hook, though. If I was a mutant I'd never forget.

Extraordinary Member

If we are not talking about in-universe, Wanda was basically given a harmful job to stir up some drama for her “blood-only” family while making herself functionally dead for 7 years.
    If HoM is what happened when she got involved in X-franchise. I am all happy she was held “hostage” by Avengers office.
    I want Magneto and the twins, especially Wanda to have a more serious and all-business relationship than trying to sell them as “family”.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Avengers office has seen Wanda and Pietro as "theirs" for quite some time. It's also why Avengers side was trying to heavily pull Magneto in via Wanda and Pietro pre-retcon, and why during that time, a big chunk of why Brevoort bent over backwards to pretend Lorna wasn't part of the family. They'd like Magneto more in Avengers to raise their franchise's stock. Lorna and Wanda both being Magneto's daughters means stories with him could be told with both, not just one, meaning Avengers doesn't have a monopoly on his kids.

Of course, what I see as the most promising angle is Lorna and Wanda interacting with each other. But that requires a) the offices to work together toward mutual benefit, and b) the offices to acknowledge Lorna has worth. Which are both uphill battles with how Marvel culture's bred an attitude of possessiveness and competition over cooperation and making the most of what they all have.
    Also maybe give certain petty fans like me some reassurance that someone won't get nuked for the greater benefit of a certain franchise. Just saying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If we are not talking about in-universe, Wanda was basically given a harmful job to stir up some drama for her “blood-only” family while making herself functionally dead for 7 years.
    If HoM is what happened when she got involved in X-franchise. I am all happy she was held “hostage” by Avengers office.
    I want Magneto and the twins, especially Wanda to have a more serious and all-business relationship than trying to sell them as “family”.
    No one made her dead except inept writers. They could of had her be the saving grace of Civil War a year later or Dark Reign 3 years later..they chose to keep her out and push the Bendis redesigned Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Curious, you often go on about wanting more Lorna and Wanda (I do to, I love their interactions) but you hardly ever discuss Quicksilver and Lorna in that light. Is it some lesbian sister thing? Just wondering.
    Pietro sucks..that's why. He's a crybaby..always complaining and whining.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    There's potential in Lorna and Pietro interacting too, and I think Peter David captured it well in ANXF. He knew (when I didn't) that the dynamic between Lorna and Pietro needed to be meaningfully different from Pietro's dynamic with Wanda, go places that aren't possible with Wanda.

But personally, I find the potential between Lorna and Wanda as sisters far more interesting. Felt that way ever since I read Jeff Parker's Exiles (which is one of my top read suggestions for Lorna). If handled well, Lorna and Wanda can have a very intriguing, complex dynamic that shifts depending on the situation, and they would become one of the most (if not THE most) iconic pair of sisters in Marvel's roster. It's also clearly resonating strongly with women, as the cosplay of them together is still going strong even 5 years since the retcon happened. And Marvel needs the sisters, since most of their high-profile relationships (both Marvel as a whole and the characters) involve or are focused on men.

That's why I talk much more about Lorna and Wanda, and hardly about Lorna and Pietro. Has nothing to do with lesbians, everything to do with the kind of stories I want to read most.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I do think the mutants should've formed an X-Force kill squad to eliminate Wanda for what she did - she was too dangerous to be allowed to live. But that's an in-universe note. In reality Wanda is a rich and fascinating character whether she's 'good' or unbalanced and I am fine with her being around and happy she's back in the fold. I do think a lot of the Marvel U characters have let her a bit too off the hook, though. If I was a mutant I'd never forget.
    This has been my argument for why I think Lorna and Wanda should fight at some point over what happened with M-Day. My impression of most comics meant to "clean up" M-Day is that the people involved were more interested in clearing Wanda's name and quickly moving on than in providing much-needed catharsis for fans of characters affected by it. IMO, Lorna is in a prime place for addressing this. Getting depowered basically took one of the last thing Lorna had left to hold onto following the Genoshan genocide (and effect on Lorna mentally/emotionally), Magneto's "death," and being left at the altar. She didn't do anything to deserve getting depowered. And that depowering led to being turned into Pestilence, hunted by a cult, escaping into space, and getting tortured while in space. So, Lorna went through a lot of pain and suffering on top of pain and suffering, all seemingly from her sister.

I'd only want to see that for like, one issue though. At most an arc. The point would be as I said, to move forward. So my view is one of using such a fight to "clear the air" on a deeply raw and emotional level that Marvel still hasn't done. Then moving forward with much brighter dynamics between them. But that's me. And I don't think that "has" to be done. I just think it has a lot of potential, and would resolve lingering issues for a majority of people.

Edit: It's not like some force other than Wanda couldn't still ultimately be blamed for M-Day, either. Many readers - and by extension characters in-universe - at least think it's Wanda's fault. Directing those raw feelings elsewhere takes more work than pinning it on something else and calling it a day.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-27-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

The thing is various Exile Wandas aren't really like her 616 counterpart, some of them are more like "Princess Wanda" you saw in HoM/WATXM.
    Writers probably need to acknowledge 616 Wanda's own unique journey in life. And with all due respect I don't think many people understand Wanda is rather a estranged member of her biological family.

Also funny you should say catharsis for fans because Wanda fans are also one of the most affected. This **** show already put her into a narrative oblivion.
    Wanda didn't have an opinion in that full story, she was like getting muted. What is she supposed to do that won't dramatically change who she is?
    For example, how can she explain this full mess without butchering her own history and lore all over again? Because acknowledge the **** logic behind AD/HoM would basically do that.

I don't want Wanda's relationship with another character built on such unfair terms, becoming the emotioal outlet for a story where she is basically a mute plot device.
    You can just get this over with, then agan demanding actual effort and thought put into it is like reinforcing the influence and legacy which is not okay for me. My first and foremost wish is for it to be dumped into a garbage yard of no return.
    And if you want your sister moment, do it when everyone has their own home franchise secured and on fair terms.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Pietro sucks..that's why. He's a crybaby..always complaining and whining.
    This kind of attitude is exactly why I want my character separated from a more famous character.
    Just so she won't fail to live up to that guy's standard of awesomeness and forced to change.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

He’s just a guy whose gone through multiple accounts who only posts about how Quicksilver/Emma Frost/Cyclops/Gambit are ruining everything and how much he hates them. If tearing down other people’s favorite characters is all he can contribute (in an appreciation board, no less), ignore him. Don’t let his misery get you down!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Awesome, Thank you Juan, Magneto, Lorna, Ororo and Scott by Hickman, canīt wait Could you post the link to see the entire interview?

About the Retcon and Jordan White:

I believe Jordan White is just teasing fans and the plans are already made to reunite the family, the question is if itīs going to be an Avengers event or an X-men event, House of M was an avengers event because it mostly made way for Bendis New Avengers, same with Childrenīs Crusade(bassically a sequel for HoM) and Axis(the retcon) while Fatal attractions and Bloodties were an X-men event that made way to Onslaught. Given the clues I have seen for the retcon being undone: Wandaīs series letting open who her father was, the artwork for the Visionīs family tree that makes clear Natalya and Magneto are Wanda and Pietro parents as well as the new comic called Strikeforce that will have Billy and Dr Doom in it, which brings heavy Childrenīs crusade vibes and itīs written by Tini Howard who is also the writer for Excalibur on the X-men office, I would say the New Magneto family event will be mostly handled by the Avengers editorial office and maybe that was what Jordan White was alluding to in his comments,they are just waiting for Hickman House of X/Powers of X story to be done imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-28-2019 at 06:56 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Awesome, Thank you Juan, Magneto, Lorna, Ororo and Scott by Hickman, canīt wait Could you post the link to see the entire interview?

I believe Jordan White is just teasing fans and the plans are already made to reunite the family, the question is if itīs going to be an Avengers event or an X-men event, House of M was an avengers event because it mostly made way for Bendis New Avengers, same with Childrenīs Crusade(bassically a sequel for HoM) and Axis(the retcon) while Fatal attractions and Bloodties were an X-men event that made way to Onslaught. Given the clues I have seen for the retcon being undone: Wandaīs series letting open who her father was, the artwork for the Visionīs family tree that makes clear Natalya and Magneto are Wanda and Pietro parents as well as the new comic called Strikeforce that will have Billy and Dr Doom in it, which brings heavy Childrenīs crusade vibes and itīs written by Tini Howard who is also the writer for Excalibur on the X-men office, I would say the New Magneto family event will be mostly handled by the Avengers editorial office and maybe that was what Jordan White was alluding to in his comments,they are just waiting for Hickman House of X/Powers of X story to be done imo.
    Technically Avengers Dissembled already did the job, House of M happened due to Quesada's "Millions of mutants cannot count as a minority" mindset and Bendis just got the right plot device to do another hack.
    House of M is meant to influence the mutant/X-franchise than Avengers franchise, and you get the Messiah trilogy as follow ups to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

What about Magneto Rex and Magneto Dark Seduction? Dark Seduction which came out 19 years ago was the only time Wanda, Lorna, Pietro and Magneto were in a 616 crossover together ironically.

The Avengers line rarely had great ideas on what to do with Pietro and PAD historically did which was why he was used on X-Factor at times in the 90s, 00s and early this decade. Wanda was a different story where they never allowed her over other then for very short stints. X-writers and x-editors other then the first ones in the 60s never had a serious influence on Wanda's story.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Technically Avengers Dissembled already did the job, House of M happened due to Quesada's "Millions of mutants cannot count as a minority" mindset and Bendis just got the right plot device to do another hack.
    House of M is meant to influence the mutant/X-franchise than Avengers franchise, and you get the Messiah trilogy as follow ups to that.
    The messiah trilogy was Made fix the effects hom, a lot of X-Men fans were mad because their faves were depowered in a story that wasnt told from the x men pov
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022