Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Does Magneto demagnetize credit cards? Is he strong enough to fry cell phones? Does he carry cash and use a landline?
    Considering he can be his own mri machine, frying phones and cards would be cake. Maybe Max even does it on accident when he’s stressed (I mean more than usual). Good thing his powers manifested before either of those things became as common as they are today.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    You have demonized House of M to no end even though it's the biggest story of the 2000s for the character. Continuity...it was never Wanda at fault...Pietro was the villain.

1) Just because it’s a major story doesn’t make it good. The Xorn storyline for Magneto was huge, but would you consider it good? Much like Magneto fans hating it and wanting it erased from the history of the comics, Wanda fans want HoM to be so erased. It’s not that hard to empathize with.
    2) In-universe, Pietro came up with the plan (which basically built on what Wanda was already doing in her bedroom in Genosha while being ‘treated’ by Xavie) but Wanda agreed with Pietro of her own volition to create HoM, and then destroy it when the X-Men and Avenger showed up. No one could have made her do anything she didn’t want to, and that was the problem the Avengers and X-Men had with her. You know, after she killed her fellow Avengers all on her own while Pietro was in Europe on a personal holiday, and only showing up after to apologize to the team on his sister’s behalf. She also said No More Mutants as a response to Magneto killing Quicksilver for coming up with the plan, and considering he had (albeit reluctantly) agreed that killing Wanda might be the only way to effective control her, was about to kill her, too. In her eyes, Magneto was everything wrong with mutantkind (a people she had never felt kinship with perhaps especially because she had been coerced into being a terrorist on their behalf), and lashed out.

Out of universe, Bendis was only just revealing he had no head for events or even basic research. He was just given a task to remake the Avengers at the expense of the X-Men and classic Avengers like the twins and Hawkeye) and he succeeded wildly. A huge story for almost all, but was it good for anyone?

3) I mean, we got Coipel art but
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 08-31-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Last edited by juan678; 08-31-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    You have demonized House of M to no end even though it's the biggest story of the 2000s for the character. Continuity...it was never Wanda at fault...Pietro was the villain.
    House of M is harmful to most parties invovled, what it did to Wanda's overall prominence in comics is a historical fact. I don't have to demonize it, I just have to emphasize its impact.
    and really you are comparing the action of calling a shitty one-off storyline for what it is to cancelling a classic character with decades of history.
    Do I have to remind you how many of those overdramatic and overrated events are made?
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-31-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Considering he can be his own mri machine, frying phones and cards would be cake. Maybe Max even does it on accident when he’s stressed (I mean more than usual). Good thing his powers manifested before either of those things became as common as they are today.
    Now you made me imagine a phone-addict Magneto who constantly fries his own phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Now you made me imagine a phone-addict Magneto who constantly fries his own phone.
    It would explain where Pietro gets it. Maybe Wanda avoids social media because neither Max or Pietro can stop arguing on FB, especially about Max frying Pietro’s phine for the hundredth time during an in-person argument lol. All she wanted was to keep up with everyone’s birthdays and cute cat memes!
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 08-31-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

1) Just because itÂ’s a major story doesnÂ’t make it good. The Xorn storyline for Magneto was huge, but would you consider it good? Much like Magneto fans hating it and wanting it erased from the history of the comics, Wanda fans want HoM to be so erased. ItÂ’s not that hard to empathize with.
    2) In-universe, Pietro came up with the plan (which basically built on what Wanda was already doing in her bedroom in Genosha while being ‘treated’ by Xavie) but Wanda agreed with Pietro of her own volition to create HoM, and then destroy it when the X-Men and Avenger showed up. No one could have made her do anything she didn’t want to, and that was the problem the Avengers and X-Men had with her. You know, after she killed her fellow Avengers all on her own while Pietro was in Europe on a personal holiday, and only showing up after to apologize to the team on his sister’s behalf. She also said No More Mutants as a response to Magneto killing Quicksilver for coming up with the plan, and considering he had (albeit reluctantly) agreed that killing Wanda might be the only way to effective control her, was about to kill her, too. In her eyes, Magneto was everything wrong with mutantkind (a people she had never felt kinship with perhaps especially because she had been coerced into being a terrorist on their behalf), and lashed out.
    I donīt think Magneto agreed that Wanda needed to be killed he just didnīt know what else to do, he used the words "They may be right" this doesnīt sound like someone who was completely on their side and the Avengers/X-men knew it, you donīt bring the Sentry to have a friendly chat after all, the first time I read it I was waiting for him to get mad at Xavier for going behind his back like that but I guess Bendis didnīt want to deal with their relationship before going into HoM, for some reason Magneto is always depressed when Bendis writes him. Magneto practically screamed at Pietro to tell him what to do, in fact the reason why he brought Wanda to Genosha of all places was because it was almost deserted so her powers would not affect other people while she was sleeping(this was clear in Excalibur vol 3), he also put an electromagnetic barrier around the place where she was and tried to help her by reading to her while Xavier tried to heal her mind and Dr Strange did the same with magic. In Magnetoīs mind Wanda was lika Anya and just like her he didnīt have the means of saving her, he was out of his dept and desperate.

The problem with Pietroīs actions imo is that Magneto saw them as a betrayal of his trust, after all he left them alone to talk to each other and I suppose that the last thing he expected was them choosing to use Wandaīs powers to change the entire world. He felt used and thatīs a big red button for Magneto in the story itīs said Wanda used her powers along with Magnetoīs and Xavierīs to change the world and make everyone forget they have done it So he lashed out the moment he found the truth just like practically every other character did after being awakened, the difference being that he was close to Pietro when found out unlike Spider-Man for example. It wasnīt fair to Pietro at all but I could see where he was coming from.

Out of universe, Bendis was only just revealing he had no head for events or even basic research. He was just given a task to remake the Avengers at the expense of the X-Men and classic Avengers like the twins and Hawkeye) and he succeeded wildly. A huge story for almost all, but was it good for anyone?
    It was good for sales at least and thatīs something editors notice.

3) I mean, we got Coipel art but
    Coipel art was like 70% the reason why HoM became so iconic, in fact itīs 90% the reason why the Magnetoīs family got a lot of attention as a "royal family", two mini series and a place in Hickmanīs Secret Wars, itīs just very beatiful art.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-31-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    lol I can see that, itīs almost canon he likes to chat with Maria Hill and do semi - double agent stuff with it
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Coipel art was like 70% the reason why HoM became so iconic, in fact itīs 90% the reason why the Magnetoīs family got a lot of attention as a "royal family", two mini series and a place in Hickmanīs Secret Wars, itīs just very beatiful art.
    So true.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I donīt think Magneto agreed that Wanda needed to be killed he just didnīt know what else to do, he used the words "They may be right" this doesnīt sound like someone who was completely on their side and the Avengers/X-men knew it, you donīt bring the Sentry to have a friendly chat after all, the first time I read it I was waiting for him to get mad at Xavier for going behind his back like that but I guess Bendis didnīt want to deal with their relationship before going into HoM, for some reason Magneto is always depressed when Bendis writes him. Magneto practically screamed at Pietro to tell him what to do, in fact the reason why he brought Wanda to Genosha of all places was because it was almost deserted so her powers would not affect other people while she was sleeping(this was clear in Excalibur vol 3), he also put an electromagnetic barrier around the place where she was and tried to help her by reading to her while Xavier tried to heal her mind and Dr Strange did the same with magic. In Magnetoīs mind Wanda was lika Anya and just like her he didnīt have the means of saving her, he was out of his dept and desperate.

The problem with Pietroīs actions imo is that Magneto saw them as a betrayal of his trust, after all he left them alone to talk to each other and I suppose that the last thing he expected was them choosing to use Wandaīs powers to change the entire world. He felt used and thatīs a big red button for Magneto in the story itīs said Wanda used her powers along with Magnetoīs and Xavierīs to change the world and make everyone forget they have done it So he lashed out the moment he found the truth just like practically every other character did after being awakened, the difference being that he was close to Pietro when found out unlike Spider-Man for example. It wasnīt fair to Pietro at all but I could see where he was coming from.

It was good for sales at least and thatīs something editors notice.

Yeah, as much as I dislike HoM, I can get behind the "lego effect" design of Wanda's power.(Too bad Bendis just tore the lore of her power down at the same moment.)
    The royal costumes have nice design, I just find the concept super uncomfortable to say the least.(That and Scarlet Witching blog call Wanda's HoM costume a rug, and I cannot unsee it.)

Extraordinary Member

It would explain where Pietro gets it. Maybe Wanda avoids social media because neither Max or Pietro can stop arguing on FB, especially about Max frying Pietro’s phine for the hundredth time during an in-person argument lol. All she wanted was to keep up with everyone’s birthdays and cute cat memes!
    As someone who had bad experiences of shattering my phone screen in various fashion, I just wonder if Pietro would shatter his when creating sonic boom and byproducts of super speed. Then again it would probably just survive like his costume and other wearable gears.