Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

That's cool I like it
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks Jmc247

Preview today
    That is Magneto from Fallen Angels.

That is also kwannon with her new slightly greenish hair in the title.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-28-2019 at 02:38 PM.

I have seen the "Pryde of the X-Men" pilot, and I loved the song. "Magneto's hordes are on their way to pillage, burn and plunder / But there’s one team that will not yield / The team that strikes like thunder!"

Extraordinary Member

Is that Fallen Angels panel supposed to be the "No More Mutants" moment or have I got it confused with something else?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Is that Fallen Angels panel supposed to be the "No More Mutants" moment or have I got it confused with something else?
    It looks like that most fans think thatīs Kwannon because she will be one of the central characters in fallen angels but I think this may be a HoM flashback from Magneto or maybe another X-man. The writer said in an interview that he wanted to tackle magneto so it could actually be Wanda, by the way things were left between them, Xavierīs take of HoM and Krakoaīs existence itīs just a matter of time for Wanda and Magneto to clash again imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-01-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

No, as far as I know they are still experiments of the High Evolutionary with a mother with magic heritage, thereīs a possibility they are still mutants, after all in Wandaīs series it was said the HE seek them precisely because they were children with meta human potential but still no writer has made this clear, except for a few references in video games where they are actual mutants.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

Pietro has not appeared in anything since his miniseries ended and Wanda's cameo in the Doctor Strange annual this week was her first appearance since April. They've been so conspicuously MIA that I figure either they're saving them for some kind of Magneto-related thing or they're just keeping Wanda on ice, like Sam Wilson/Falcon, until they find out what the MCU is going to do with them.

I do speculate that instead of turning them back into mutants they might simply run with the "Pretender" description and portray Wanda as a non-mutant who committed an atrocity against the mutant race. Especially now that it seems likely Wanda will not be an MCU mutant, whatever MCU mutants turn out to be.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    It looks like that most fans think thatīs Kwannon because she will be one of the central characters in fallen angels but I think this may be a HoM flashback from Magneto or maybe another X-man. The writer said in an interview that he wanted to tackle magneto so it could actually be Wanda, by the way things were left between them, Xavierīs take of HoM and Krakoaīs existence itīs just a matter of time for Wanda and Magneto to clash again imo.
    Could be that it is Kwannon but she triggers Magneto having a flashback to HoM.
    Last edited by Relugus; 11-01-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Changed comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Its more likely to be Pietro who will clash with Magneto as that pushes alot more buttons in terms of drama.
    I think either Wanda or Pietro will push a lot of bottoms for Magneto the main difference is the kind of relationship they have, Magnus is usually more harsh with Pietro than with Wanda but thereīs no doubt he misses them both and still thinks of them as his children.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-01-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Magneto crying always breaks my heart. It’s like seeing your dad cry.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Magneto crying always breaks my heart. It’s like seeing your dad cry.
    Yes it usually takes a lot to make him cry and Pietro and Wanda are definitely one of those reasons, imo thatīs Magnetoīs way to show he cares itīs a shame the twins never get to see his vulnerable moments so they have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus
    Could be that it is Kwannon but she triggers Magneto having a flashback to HoM.
    Maybe, itīs that or Kwannon may have a grudge with Magneto.

I do speculate that instead of turning them back into mutants they might simply run with the "Pretender" description and portray Wanda as a non-mutant who committed an atrocity against the mutant race. Especially now that it seems likely Wanda will not be an MCU mutant, whatever MCU mutants turn out to be.
    I actually think the "Pretender" description is one of the things that may make them clash, especially if that effectively is the general concenssus of Krakoa, Xavier, Moira or the X-men while Magneto still sees them as his children and is protective of them. One meeting with the Avengers or Wanda and Pietro personally could begin the conflict, that or Wanda and Pietro hear about Krakoa and may believe their former father/evil boss is once again in the middle of an evil scheme, controlling Xavier and the X-men. The irony is that while Magneto may be respected in Krakoa itīs Xavier and Moira the ones who are running most of the show. So I definitely believe the the "pretender" description is Hickmanīs way of leading to a future conflict with the twins or the Avengers to maybe fix Wanda and Pietro status as mutants imo.

I donīt have any idea how the MCU will going to go with mutants but Kevin Feige seems someone who likes to keep the essential parts of the comics while making a more modern version of them for the movies so I not that worried about mutants in the MCU and it already has been said mcu Wanda and Pietro are going to have some changes in their story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-02-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I actually think the "Pretender" description is one of the things that may make them clash, especially if that effectively is the general concenssus of Krakoa, Xavier, Moira or the X-men while Magneto still sees them as his children and is protective of them. One meeting with the Avengers or Wanda and Pietro personally could begin the conflict, that or Wanda and Pietro hear about Krakoa and may believe their former father/evil boss is once again in the middle of an evil scheme, controlling Xavier and the X-men. The irony is that while Magneto may be respected in Krakoa itīs Xavier and Moira the ones who are running most of the show. So I definitely believe the the "pretender" description is Hickmanīs way of leading to a future conflict with the twins or the Avengers to maybe fix Wanda and Pietro status as mutants imo.
    At this point I am so bored with not seeing Wanda in anything and not having her interact with anyone that I would probably be happy if you were right (also I'd be happy with her and Pietro being declared mutants again, despite my reservations about them being Magneto's children). I have a feeling though that "THE PRETENDER WANDA MAXIMOFF" was either a setup for her punishment or a snide reference to a character Hickman is not allowed to use.

For Wanda and Pietro to show up on Krakoa in some Avengers-related capacity they would have to actually be on the Avengers, but they're not in any comics at all, and aren't scheduled to be. So I don't think they're setting that up, but if they are I'd still take that over months of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    At this point I am so bored with not seeing Wanda in anything and not having her interact with anyone that I would probably be happy if you were right (also I'd be happy with her and Pietro being declared mutants again, despite my reservations about them being Magneto's children). I have a feeling though that "THE PRETENDER WANDA MAXIMOFF" was either a setup for her punishment or a snide reference to a character Hickman is not allowed to use.

For Wanda and Pietro to show up on Krakoa in some Avengers-related capacity they would have to actually be on the Avengers, but they're not in any comics at all, and aren't scheduled to be. So I don't think they're setting that up, but if they are I'd still take that over months of nothing.

I donīt think Hickman would make a reference for Wanda during one of the most recent and biggest X-men event just to make a snide comment, I think it has to do with referencing the origin of the decimation as a way to show the X-men were going to move forward from that point of their story and they did during the event, whatīs left to do is to move on Wandaīs character from that point in her relationship with mutants, my guess is that "THE PRETENDER WANDA" is a device of Hickman to create conflict between the two teams until it all comes to a point of confrontation. Of course I may be wrong and this conflict will be lead by the Avengers side of marvel, still I just donīt see Hickman making a big deal of calling Wanda that way and then do nothing with it, thatīs not his style.

Wanda and Pietro are nominally avengers still, so I can see them being there during a conflict with the X-men like during AvX. We donīt know yet it Hickman or someone else is planning to fix Magnetoīs relationship with the twins but imo maybe thatīs why Hickman is making way to develop Magnetoīs relationship with Lorna just before the twins become a part of the story imo, I am all for a family reunion but I can see why some fans would not like that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-02-2019 at 07:52 PM.