Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Thanks jmc247

Beavis and Butthead 6 page 13 featuring Psylocke and Polaris by Rick Mays and Rick Parker

https://www.comicartfans.com/Gallery...?Piece=1536169

Last edited by jmc247; 11-23-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Magneto's helmet and streamlining continuity some thoughts.

General fans have a lot of questions in terms of Magneto's helmet and how it protects against telepathy and why he doesn't mass produce it.

X-Men Red opened up a whale of a plot hole having Jean mass produce the helmet in short order for dozens of characters. I won't even start into how that is problematic. Based on the X-Men Red conception of the idea, its a set of metals easily replaceable and mass producible by anyone. That goes simply too far in both nerfing telepathic attack on the cheap, but also diluting the specialness of his helmet. Its up there with allowing everyone to have an easy make Thor's hammer.

I am generally of the idea it should be a complex blend of metals not easy to reproduce and augmented by electromagnetic power to produce its effect. There should be only three characters able to reproduce the effect Magneto, Joseph and Lorna.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

General fans have a lot of questions in terms of Magneto's helmet and how it protects against telepathy and why he doesn't mass produce it.

X-Men Red opened up a whale of a plot hole having Jean mass produce the helmet in short order for dozens of characters. I won't even start into how that is problematic. Based on the X-Men Red conception of the idea, its a set of metals easily replaceable and mass producible by anyone. That goes simply too far in both nerfing telepathic attack on the cheap, but also diluting the specialness of his helmet. Its up there with allowing everyone to have an easy make Thor's hammer.

I am generally of the idea it should be a complex blend of metals not easy to reproduce and augmented by electromagnetic power to produce its effect. There should be only three characters able to reproduce the effect Magneto, Joseph and Lorna.
    I vastly prefer the continuity that developed neglecting the importance of the helmet altogether and instead making it a combo of "strong willpower" and his (and Lorna's) mutation somehow passively shielding them.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The Red plot was stupid and made NO SENSE especially since Nova easily used her TK to flick off jean's helmet. That made the entire thing pointless

Marc Silvestri

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Red plot was stupid and made NO SENSE especially since Nova easily used her TK to flick off jean's helmet. That made the entire thing pointless
    It felt like the writer wanted to use Magneto, was told no and then came up with a way to use him in spirit. That might not have been how it went down though I would agree it was stupid.

At the end of the day I felt the Red plotline of a mutant nation was shot out at the knees by the editor at the time refusing to throw his weight behind it and back one horse and craft the line around it so you had one tribe of X-Men fans come along, but not the rest. If editorial really wanted it to work they should have had an event around it, perhaps had Magneto rebuild Genosha as well as a competing island. I know Bunn wanted to do it and started to do it before Secret Wars happened. If the previous editor had done it that way you have a line with one or two core titles and a bunch of satellite titles instead of a bunch of disconnected color coded comics living in their own universe.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

https://twitter.com/greyscanary/stat...15872780849152

^ Not sure how credible but somebody claiming the new WandaVision tv series is going to confirm she is Mags' daughter.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ^ Not sure how credible but somebody claiming the new WandaVision tv series is going to confirm she is Mags' daughter.
    I think there is a good shot it will occur, but I wouldn't put much stock in some anonymous source.

The whole family has suffered since the retcon in the comics. Lorna and Pietro the most because neither has been a regular on an ongoing since then so their development has been stunted. But, don't forget you have a very popular Magnus family action figure set out with Pietro, Wanda, and Magneto together and all three of them are being promoted in video games as family. It should be four core members (and grandkids), but Lorna's parentage and existence is being ignored in video games among other things.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6WF5AgCpK6/
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-21-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    https://twitter.com/greyscanary/stat...15872780849152

It would certainly make a good tie-in to multiverse of madness. Shame it comes after the comics have taken a less subservient approach to synergy.

Also, as a fan of the mystic side to Wanda, I’m in a bind as Natalya and the Scarlet Witch/Warlock legacy interest me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    It would certainly make a good tie-in to multiverse of madness. Shame it comes after the comics have taken a less subservient approach to synergy.

Also, as a fan of the mystic side to Wanda, I’m in a bind as Natalya and the Scarlet Witch/Warlock legacy interest me
    Why would it be a good tie-in to DSMoM considering it's a Dr.Strange movie and should revolve around magic and mystical stuff? Really, the priority of WV and actual good tie-in for DSMoM would be introducing Wanda's mystical side including Agatha and Chthon instead of the rather irrelevant mutant part. Really, they don't have time to spare for this.
    Also while I am a dedicated fan to Wanda as a mystical figure, Natalya is kinda generic and boring. Magic bloodline is an okay trope but doesn't cope well with Wanda IMO.