Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Nova Prime (Richard Rider) Appreciation 2019

Welcome To Nova Appreciation Thread II (2019)!!!!

Synopsis

Richard Rider was just your average teenager. Not the class clown, neither the wallflower, nor the cool kid. He went to high-school, had girl troubles and tried to help out his parents and younger brother when he was at home. All seemed to go their normal way for the young Richard until he came into contact with the Nova Corps. The Nova Corps was a peace-keeping force that was based on the planet Xandar. The planet was destroyed by the space pirate known as Zorr. When Rhomann Dey, the Nova Prime, was dying he fled through the universe and went to Earth. There he chose Richard Rider to receive his powers and granted him the Nova Force. He was asked by Rhomann Dey to use his powers for the good of Earth and the universe and serve as its protector. This was a lot for the teen-aged Rider but he nonetheless started a superhero career with his newfound powers as Nova, the Human Rocket!
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/nova/4005-2105/
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-01-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Hoping 2019 ushers in a new era for Rich and hopefully a new series.

That would be the best present for 2019 for sure!

It's time for Rich to rise back to prominence in the Marvel Universe!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Yeah I really wish that Marvel will announce a Nova movie, that way Rich could probably get the Captain Marvel treatment and get a new series always regardless of sales. As for a new series i would love to read a Al Ewing written Nova series. My other choice would've been Donny Cates but I'm guessing he may not be a huge fan of Rich since he could've easily made Rich a member of the new GOTG(yep still bitter).

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah I really wish that Marvel will announce a Nova movie, that way Rich could probably get the Captain Marvel treatment and get a new series always regardless of sales. As for a new series i would love to read a Al Ewing written Nova series. My other choice would've been Donny Cates but I'm guessing he may not be a huge fan of Rich since he could've easily made Rich a member of the new GOTG(yep still bitter).
    Preaching to the choir my friend. But I have a strong feeling it's coming. And I would love if this is the design they use for his movie:

Some really good Fan art!

Did this thread really need rebooting? The old one was only a month old. Before that we were using the Nova Corps thread.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did this thread really need rebooting? The old one was only a month old. Before that we were using the Nova Corps thread.
    The old one was closed. *Shrug*

It was only a month or so old but maybe the mods just wanted uniformity across Appreciation Threads.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-01-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Didn't really see the need to close the old thread but it's all good as long as there's a place to discuss Double R

Possible speed feat here as Nova gives Drax the business!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Possible speed feat here as Nova gives Drax the business!
    Another great showing for Rich. On a side note I know it was usually a lighting or coloring goof but i always loved seeing the costume colored black. Makes a awesome costume look even more badass.

I believe I read somewhere that Marv Wolfman originally planned to call him, 'The Black Nova'?

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Another great showing for Rich. On a side note I know it was usually a lighting or coloring goof but i always loved seeing the costume colored black. Makes a awesome costume look even more badass.
    It does look pretty cool there. I wouldn't mind seeing variation of costumes. Some of the best characters have a host of costumes to switch in out of. Like Spider-Man for instance. There are times he just wear's something different than the Red and Blue because he is feeling a type of way. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I believe I read somewhere that Marv Wolfman originally planned to call him, 'The Black Nova'?
    From my understanding...Black Nova was a precursor to Richard Nova. He was a similar character in Super Adventures that Wolfman wrote and Rich Nova spun out of that concept.

What possible stories would you want to see played out between Rich and the Sphinx? I see this guy as Rich's Arch-Nemesis. The Lex Luthor to Rich's Superman.

For me I would love for the Sphinx to oppose the Nova Corp as whole but doing so just to get at Rich. I see it as an opportunity to expand the Nova Corp a bit more but to also make the Sphinx and Rich's connection even more robust.

Little information of the Origin of the Sphinx:

When I first read this I wondered if Kang and him ever crossed paves in the past...