Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I'd agree with this. I mean, I loved the DnA run but I do think they started to run out of steam towards the end.

I wouldn't say it necessarily went downhill, but for me personally when the Nova core started to be introduced I think the book got less interesting. Maybe it was because the cast got too big?

Though I don't think GOTG got any less interesting. I thought that book remained high in quality.
    Yeah I was wondering whether to stop just after the Galactus story.

Though the collector in me will get the whole thing I’m sure.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Not read the DnA run for sometime, but I remember it dipped in quality as it went on (as did their whole cosmic side...probably due to running out of steam).
    Does anyone agree? And if so, when was the best jumping off point?
    I ask because I’m trying to collect my favourite runs/stories together in single issues, and this run 100% deserves place there.
    The problem was that they never seemed to bother to establish a supporting cast. It was just Rich and World Mind running all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The problem was that they never seemed to bother to establish a supporting cast. It was just Rich and World Mind running all over the place
    That is true. I always thought Nova should have operated out of Knowhere instead of the Guardians. Gave him chance to have a supporting case in Cosmo and whoever else was there at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Huh? There were other Novas. Including his brother. And they brought Namorita back by the time that run ended too. He did have a supporting cast.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? There were other Novas. Including his brother. And they brought Namorita back by the time that run ended too. He did have a supporting cast.
    That was at the tail end, though.

For the majority of his run, Nova was flying all over the place, from one plot to the next. No supporting cast, no real subplots to speak of, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Disagree. I could probably read Nova and Worldmind bouncing back and forth between one another for issues. Love their relationship.

After the Galactus story I remember switching off slightly. If anything, I didn’t like new additions in the Nova Corps. I love the run, but I think DNA in general dipped after a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Disagree. I could probably read Nova and Worldmind bouncing back and forth between one another for issues. Love their relationship.

After the Galactus story I remember switching off slightly. If anything, I didn’t like new additions in the Nova Corps. I love the run, but I think DNA in general dipped after a few years.
    Agreed, for me the best part of the run was that first year. After the Galactus arc the quality fell off once it stopped being just Rich and Worldmind.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Agreed, for me the best part of the run was that first year. After the Galactus arc the quality fell off once it stopped being just Rich and Worldmind.
    Agreed. I wonder if this coincides with the dip in sales?

The first few arcs Nova was a big seller.

BANNED

Nova #2 Feb 1994
    "Tailhook!" Speedball cameo.
    The Human Rocket decides to investigate the killings done by the femme fatale known as Tailhook.

It's a "tale" of right and wrong and everything in between.

Written by Fabian Nicieza. Art by Chris Marrinan and Mark Stegbauer.

https://www.newsarama.com/44269-cosm...w-in-june.html

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ANNUAL #1
    Donny Cates, Al Ewing, Tini Howard, Zac Thompson & Lonnie Nadler (W)
    Yildiray Cinar, Ibrahim Moustafa, Felipe Andrade & more (A)
    Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli
    Since the Black Order’s attack on the galaxy’s greatest defenders, the cosmos has been wtihout its heroes. Find out what really happened to Nova, Quasar, Adam Warlock, and Darkhawk! And who better to tell this story than Cosmo, the Spacedog?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Look's like I will be buying my first annual in years. Particularly interested in whose story Ewing will be writing. Gonna guess Warlock but really hoping it's Nova.

I asked about who was on which character. All of the writers involved plus editor Tom Brevoort should see my question.
    https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status...46661016350720

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I asked about who was on which character. All of the writers involved plus editor Tom Brevoort should see my question.
    https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status...46661016350720
    Cool. Wendell Vaughn is wielding the Quantum bands, and to the person on that Twitter thread mad about it? Cry some more.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

all my favorite cosmic characters in one book? Sweet! Cosmo is good boy.

Incredible Member

Cosmo say "brink it on"! Lol. Can't wait for this. I was disappointed when a lot of these guys didn't make the cut in Guardians.