Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    How would everyone feel if Xandar was rebuilt (again) and the Xandarians cloned (again)?

Back in New Warriors a computer which I guess was World Mind was switched back on and the Xandarians were cloned back into existence.

If World Mind was ever saved from the Cancerverse, would you like to see Xandar rebuilt and the Xandarian people brought back to life?
    I want Xandar and Worldmind back! However, I'm not sure I want the Xandarian people back. I sorta feel that story has been done and they got their second chance.

If it were up to me I would have maybe a 50-100 or so Xandarians who were either nomadic or just out in space somewhere come back to a reconstructed Xandar and try to reestablish order and life there. However, a major difference I would add is the last 50-100 Xandarian people would welcome Scientist, Warriors, and their respective families from all over the galaxy to Xandar. Turning it into more of a world whose sole purpose is to gather information, learn, train Nova Corpsmen/women, and is dedicated to protecting the universe. Having its way of life almost become an equal "class system" were people can opt out and leave Xandar when they are of age if they choose to do so.

But those are just my fan wish's. I feel it would give Xandar a unique place in the Marvel Universe. While provide an interesting well to pull stories from. It would also greatly separate the Nova Corp from the Green Lantern Corp in comparisons. Due to being a race trained from birth to protect the Universe.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-18-2019 at 05:54 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    With how the Corp is seemly setup today? Probably more training with and through the Corps. Along with him being older than he is now. (At least until the next inconsistent information comes out)

When Rich first became Nova the Corps was wiped out. There were no other option. When the Corps finally resurfaced Rich was somewhere between the age of 17-21. Rich had held the title of Nova for years and did a solid job making the right decisions with his power and protecting the universe. However, even then the Leader of the Nova Corp sent the Shi'Ar's most powerful and accomplished warrior of it's Imperial Guard , Gladiator, down to earth just to test him.

If Rich had been the same age as Sam when the Nova Corp returned I would expect them to challenge Rich's status as a Nova as well. I would also think at the very least they would force him into training if they didn't out right take his power away. (Which may or may not have been possible since the power was apart of him.)
    That.... actually happened, come to think of it. It's how his original series ended (on a cliffhanger that led into a couple of Fantastic Four issues and then ROM #24). He only got his powers back when New Warriors launched, which is where the "power was apart of him" thing was revealed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That.... actually happened, come to think of it. It's how his original series ended (on a cliffhanger that led into a couple of Fantastic Four issues and then ROM #24). He only got his powers back when New Warriors launched, which is where the "power was apart of him" thing was revealed.
    And another reason why I need to get to reading the New Warriors. I have all the issues digitally just been getting through some other characters.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

How would everyone feel if Xandar was rebuilt (again) and the Xandarians cloned (again)?

Back in New Warriors a computer which I guess was World Mind was switched back on and the Xandarians were cloned back into existence.

If World Mind was ever saved from the Cancerverse, would you like to see Xandar rebuilt and the Xandarian people brought back to life?
    Honestly, after everything that's happened with the cancerverse I'd rather they just forgot it ever existed. Bendis screwed it up (despite getting Rich back) and as much as I enjoyed the last Nova series, what was done to the Worldmind didn't do the franchise any favors. Leave the cancerverse in the past, is what I say.

I'd rather they just find a cheap, easy excuse to put the toys back in place and be done with it; a Worldmind backup drive or something. Say that it was saved right before Rich went into the cancerverse so the Worldmind remembers everything important, and just move on.

As for Xandar, I want it back but I'm not very picky about how they do it. I suspect they'll treat it as closely to the MCU version as possible; so something closer to a full government than a police force.

Really, all I want from Nova is Rich as Nova Prime, with all the raw power and authority that indicates, and the Worldmind talking in his head, and some form of Corps behind him. And a baseline standard for how the powers work and who can use them when. Is the power in the helmet or not?

And Sam, I suppose, because he's not a horrible character and there's plenty of room for him and his fans too.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-18-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Curious ....what do you guys think about the Nova Prime title not to be the absolute head of the Nova Corps but instead it's most Elite warrior ?

When I first started Marvel reading comics my primary focus was on Marvels royalty and Iron Fist. For the most part guys like Black Panther, Namor, and Black Bolt always seemed to be held back from being the stars and heroes they could be because everything they did had to go back to them leading a nation. To the degree at times you can tell that it was hard for writers to do somethings with them because they knew those characters had to run a nation at some point so they couldn't be away for too long.

However, with the mantel of Iron Fist, Danny Rand was free to explore and do other things as long as his duties to protect K'un Lun were not ignored. Danny could work to protect the overall world thereby protecting K'un Lun without having to be there all the time. This mantel gave made him its most powerful warrior as well as granting him all the authority one would need in the city anyone would ever need. He would only answer to the Yu-ti, K'un Lun's emperor, and his Thunderer. But he only answered to the Thunderer out of respect for his teacher, the Iron Fist supersedes even him.

Do you guys think that Nova Prime should be more of Elite Warrior in the Nova Corps? Or do you think that Nova Prime should be the Elite Warrior and the over all Leader of the Nova Corps?

Curious ....what do you guys think about the Nova Prime title not to be the absolute head of the Nova Corps but instead it's most Elite warrior ?

Do you guys think that Nova Prime should be more of Elite Warrior in the Nova Corps? Or do you think that Nova Prime should be the Elite Warrior and the over all Leader of the Nova Corps?
    I'd be okay with that. I want Rich to retain the position as the top dog of the Corps, but if he's taking orders from someone else, it's no different than a general following the orders of the president.

My only issue with that is, as the leader of the Corps Rich has narrative requirements Sam doesn't, and it helps set them apart. Rich is the guy who has to keep one eye on the big picture and look after the Corps (and Worldmind, if the world were fair) while Sam is just another soldier on the ground. But that's far from a major problem either way.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-19-2019 at 08:04 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Nova Prime would have taken orders from the leader of Xandar - Queen Adora I think her name was. But now that the Xandarians are gone the prime is the only one to lead the army.

I'm not sure how I feel if the Nova Prime was taking orders from someone else. I mean the Nova Prime will and should have World Mind in his head. Why would he take orders from anyone else?

The Nova Prime would have taken orders from the leader of Xandar - Queen Adora I think her name was. But now that the Xandarians are gone the prime is the only one to lead the army.

I'm not sure how I feel if the Nova Prime was taking orders from someone else. I mean the Nova Prime will and should have World Mind in his head. Why would he take orders from anyone else?
    It's sorta like the Namor and T'Challa. Since they are in charge of it all they have to do more desk work and they rarely get to leave home base. Whenever they do leave, like when they join the Avengers or go to America, the writer has to come up with a reason for them to be there. If Rich was the leader of the Nova Corp he would have less freedom to just be a Uber cool super hero.

At least thats how I see it playing out eventually.

When teen heroes were still actual well formed characters:

Loved New Warriors. They were the group that got me into comics.

There really does need to be a New Warriors relaunch.

As a team that New Warriors were really underrated and full of powerhouses. At full power they'd give any avengers team a run for their money.

Nova Prime
    Night Thrasher (black punisher with tech)
    Rage (black Hulk)
    Namorita (clone of her mother who is almost on par with Namor)
    Firestar (so powerful she can rip earth's atmosphere to bits)
    Speedball (indestructible, penance power and even time control)
    Justice (one of the most powerful tk users in marvel)
    Silhouette (dark force user. She's capable of so so much more)

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    There really does need to be a New Warriors relaunch.
    I was speaking with fans at New Warriors-com and we realised July 2020 is the 30th anniversary of when NW 1 came out back in July 1990 - so there's good reason for them to be re-united. My zine, Novaverses - is running a series of fics based on events after the original run by NW fan Liam Gibbs.

I assume the hypothetical includes the Xandarians being cloned and brought back again.

If Rich is the leader of the Corps, but the Corps answers to whoever leads Xandar, then all well and good. But I dont want Rich taking orders from anyone inside the Corps. Hell, given everything he's accomplished and been through, why the hell would anyone want him in any position *except* in charge of the Corps?

~ Black Panther.