Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nova Prime (Richard Rider) Appreciation 2019

Welcome To Nova Appreciation Thread II (2019)!!!!

Synopsis

Richard Rider was just your average teenager. Not the class clown, neither the wallflower, nor the cool kid. He went to high-school, had girl troubles and tried to help out his parents and younger brother when he was at home. All seemed to go their normal way for the young Richard until he came into contact with the Nova Corps. The Nova Corps was a peace-keeping force that was based on the planet Xandar. The planet was destroyed by the space pirate known as Zorr. When Rhomann Dey, the Nova Prime, was dying he fled through the universe and went to Earth. There he chose Richard Rider to receive his powers and granted him the Nova Force. He was asked by Rhomann Dey to use his powers for the good of Earth and the universe and serve as its protector. This was a lot for the teen-aged Rider but he nonetheless started a superhero career with his newfound powers as Nova, the Human Rocket!
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/nova/4005-2105/
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-01-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Hoping 2019 ushers in a new era for Rich and hopefully a new series.

That would be the best present for 2019 for sure!

It's time for Rich to rise back to prominence in the Marvel Universe!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Yeah I really wish that Marvel will announce a Nova movie, that way Rich could probably get the Captain Marvel treatment and get a new series always regardless of sales. As for a new series i would love to read a Al Ewing written Nova series. My other choice would've been Donny Cates but I'm guessing he may not be a huge fan of Rich since he could've easily made Rich a member of the new GOTG(yep still bitter).

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah I really wish that Marvel will announce a Nova movie, that way Rich could probably get the Captain Marvel treatment and get a new series always regardless of sales. As for a new series i would love to read a Al Ewing written Nova series. My other choice would've been Donny Cates but I'm guessing he may not be a huge fan of Rich since he could've easily made Rich a member of the new GOTG(yep still bitter).
    Preaching to the choir my friend. But I have a strong feeling it's coming. And I would love if this is the design they use for his movie:

Some really good Fan art!

Did this thread really need rebooting? The old one was only a month old. Before that we were using the Nova Corps thread.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Yeah I really wish that Marvel will announce a Nova movie, that way Rich could probably get the Captain Marvel treatment and get a new series always regardless of sales. As for a new series i would love to read a Al Ewing written Nova series.
    Man, Ewing would be a great choice for Rich. He's easily one of the most underrated writers in the industry right now I think. After books like Mighty Avengers and Loki Agent of Asgard, I expected Ewing to be at the top of his field alongside people like Bendis, Snyder, Johns, etc. Not at a Morrison or Moore or Ellis level, but the next rung down.

I'd happily throw all my money at a Ewing penned Nova series!

I mean, I'd give any Nova series a shot, but with Ewing as writer it'd just go straight to my pull list without any kind of trial period at all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.