Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Nova fans may want to be keeping their eye on the latest (and following) issue of Guardians by Cates.
    Was just getting ready to post about this. Glad Rich isn't just being glossed over or forgotten about.

This was an intersting week for Nova fans. We had a guest appearance in the Black Order (looks to be making another appearance in the next issue) and he also is slated to be in at least the next issue of Guardians. In GOTG, it seems like the line-up he chose doesn't seem to be as clear. Cosmic Ghost Rider seems to be on the opposing side of Starlord's crew (at least at the moment).

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I have a feeling the main team will be everyone on the front cover to issue one. It’ll just take a long time to get there.

I have a feeling the main team will be everyone on the front cover to issue one. It’ll just take a long time to get there.
    I hope this is the case just to see what kind of villains Cates would have to come up with to challenge that team.

Ultimate Member

Rich held his own against the Black Order. I think we can say now that our boy has made it :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Rich held his own against the Black Order. I think we can say now that our boy has made it :P
    I only flipped through the issue... was that Rich and not some random Nova?

Either way, you can more than say he held his own. I think you can go a step further and say he dominated the whole lot of them. Not sure if we should consider that a really good showing for Nova or a really bad showing for the Black Order.

Yeah, it was Rich. I don't even need to read the issue to know that, it was mentioned in the solicits.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it was Rich. I don't even need to read the issue to know that, it was mentioned in the solicits.
    Just checking. He seemed a bit different, but of course mind control can do that to you.

Now that he’s appearing a little more, I hope he gets a series again. Want to see him in the A league again.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I only flipped through the issue... was that Rich and not some random Nova?

Either way, you can more than say he held his own. I think you can go a step further and say he dominated the whole lot of them. Not sure if we should consider that a really good showing for Nova or a really bad showing for the Black Order.
    I just read it. What a great showing for Rich! He was knocking the Order around like rag dolls. I dread to think what what would have happened to the Order if he had the full Nova Force!

Very uplifting news, indeed. Now my only question is will the membership of that main team from the front cover to issue one be the definitive team? Or will this main team have a rotating membership similar to the Secret Defenders?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-23-2019 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I just read it. What a great showing for Rich! He was knocking the Order around like rag dolls. I dread to think what what would have happened to the Order if he had the full Nova Force!
    That's sort of the upside of being the "bad guy" in a story (and it's almost weird to say that when we're talking about Nova in a Black Order story). But the antagonist NEEDS to be potrayed as threatening... so he's gotta kick butt to sell him as a threat to the main character. Storytelling basically necessitates him wiping the floor with them. It's a good position to be in for a guy like Nova. Having good guys occasionally be mind controlled can be a good thing for the character.

Not read the DnA run for sometime, but I remember it dipped in quality as it went on (as did their whole cosmic side...probably due to running out of steam).
    Does anyone agree? And if so, when was the best jumping off point?
    I ask because I’m trying to collect my favourite runs/stories together in single issues, and this run 100% deserves place there.

I personally pretty much enjoyed the whole run. My least favorite stories where the ones with, hate to say it, the minor characters/mini series within.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Not read the DnA run for sometime, but I remember it dipped in quality as it went on (as did their whole cosmic side...probably due to running out of steam).
    Does anyone agree? And if so, when was the best jumping off point?
    I ask because I’m trying to collect my favourite runs/stories together in single issues, and this run 100% deserves place there.
    I'd agree with this. I mean, I loved the DnA run but I do think they started to run out of steam towards the end.

I wouldn't say it necessarily went downhill, but for me personally when the Nova core started to be introduced I think the book got less interesting. Maybe it was because the cast got too big?

Though I don't think GOTG got any less interesting. I thought that book remained high in quality.