Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I asked about who was on which character. All of the writers involved plus editor Tom Brevoort should see my question.
    https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status...46661016350720
    Thompson and Nadler will probably do the Darkhawk part.
    I hope Ewing does Nova.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Exciting! Lots of my favourite heroes all in 1 place!

Not a bad show against the imperial guard and cosmic ghost rider in the latest issue of black order. Even a badly beaten Rich held his own until he blasted off into space to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Not a bad show against the imperial guard and cosmic ghost rider in the latest issue of black order. Even a badly beaten Rich held his own until he blasted off into space to get away.
    Even though he took a beating he was still Rich and that I loved.

Incredible Member

Which book is this in? I love both Nova and the Imperial Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Which book is this in? I love both Nova and the Imperial Guard.
    Guardians of the Galaxy 3 on sale now.

I mean, at least Rich isn't in the DCU. If he were I'm pretty sure he'd have to arrest the League and most of the other heroes from earth.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Nova #3 Mar 1994
    "Corrupting Influence!" Guest-starring Spider-Man.
    Nova butts heads with J. Jonah Jameson of the Daily Bugle

and believe or not this puts him at odds with the Amazing Spider-Man!

What could the sinister Corruptor have to do with all this?
    NOTE: For these two heroes' first encounter see Nova (1976 1st Series) #12 and Amazing Spider-Man (1st Series) #171.

Written by Fabian Nicieza. Art by Chris Marrinan and Mark Stegbauer.

BANNED

'Gravimetric Pulse' is, to me, a very lame description of what the comicbook character Rich Rider does. Instead, to me, said comicbook character goes Nova! Nova = a star showing a sudden large increase in brightness and then slowly returning to its original state over a few months.

BANNED

Fantastic Four #205 Apr 1979
    "When Worlds Die!"
    Reed, Sue, and Ben are being transported along with Suzerain Adora to the planet Xandar which is under attack from the Skrull empire.
    As they arrive they see a massive battle in space involving the Skrulls and the Xandarian Nova Corps.
    Arriving on the segmented planet of Xandar, the three members of the Fantastic Four join in fighting off some of the Skrull invaders.
    In the thick of battle they cross paths with Adora's adviser the Prime Thoran
    who leads them on as the Skrulls pull back from their most recent attack.

Not far away from the planet is a massive Skrull warship carrying Emperor Dorrek who is
    angered by the news of the recent retreat and the arrival of the three humans from Earth.
    Detecting the approach of another ship from space, Emperor Dorrek orders

an army of Skrull soldiers be dispatched to attack the incoming ship. Also watching events unfold is the Watcher,
    who laments that his vow of non-interference prevents him from taking direct action in the battle to come.

While back on Earth, Johnny Storm has moved into a dorm room at Security University in Lanesville, New York.
    As he unpacks his bags the youth is impressed with the facilities and high
    level of security and believes that it is the perfect fit for his continued education.
    He is unaware that the school is under the control of his old foe the Monocle, who had
    hypnotized a young woman named that set in motion the events that lured Johnny to the school.
    Erasing her memories of her involvement, the Monocle sends her away as he contacts his employers, the mysterious Enclave,
    who are using the school as a front to manipulate the children of the worlds most wealthy, famous and politically influential.
    That night after Johnny goes to bed, a strange blue light is emitted from the lamp in his room that puts him into a hypnotic trance.
    Johnny, then mindlessly leaves his room and joins the other students as they all shuffle into the main hall of the school.

Back on Xandar, the Fantastic Four and Adora enter the lab of Xar and learn that
    Adora's lover Tanak is still undergoing medical care after being attacked by Skrull-X.
    Adora is upset to hear that Tanak is dying, and refuses to let her lover perish.
    Reed asks the Prime Thoran why the Skrulls are targeting their world.
    Thoran explains that because the Skrulls are losing the war against their foes the Kree,
    they have set their sights on gaining access to the World Computer of Xandar because of the great power it contains.

Thoran then shows them the massive computer complex located in the bowls of Xandar

and explains it contains the minds of every Xandarian who has died so that their society would never lose any knowledge.
    Their tour is interrupted with news that the Skrulls are renewing their attack on Xandar.
    Thoran and the Fantastic Four then return to the surface to oversee what is going on.
    Soon the Fantastic Four are equipped with flying belts and join the Nova Corps in fighting off the Skrull invaders.
    During the ensuing battle, the Fantastic Four are blasted unconscious and taken as prisoners of the Skrulls.

Elements of this story continue in Nova (1st series) 25. Note: First full appearance of the Nova Corps.

Script by Marv Wolfman. Art by Keith Pollard (breakdowns) and Joe Sinnott (finishes).

Avengers No Road Home #10:

A blue skinned Nova Centurion? The guy who rescued him is Hercules, by the way. And we can safely assume this will be followed up on, as Hercules has a new look and is getting a new series.

A construct of Rich in his original costume also appears earlier in the issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I appreciate it very much that the helmet is depicted with white lenses no eyes visible!!! YES!!!

BANNED

Nova #4 Apr 1994
    "Countdown to Zero!"
    Who or what is Nova 00?!

And what does his presence mean for Richard Rider's future as Nova?

Plus, what is the Ani-Mate known as Bird-Brain up to?

NOTE: You may remember Bird-Brain from the pages of New Mutants (1983 1st Series) #57-61.

Written by Fabian Nicieza. Art by Chris Marrinan and Mark Stegbauer.

Extraordinary Member

Need a new Nova series that features both Rich and Sam....but not necessarily together all the time. Give them their own stories and occasionally have them get together. Rich needs to finally save Robbie and bring him home (with Robbie keeping the NegaBands). And Sam needs to find his dad and bring him home for good. Maybe you establish that when they are back both Robbie and Jesse go to work for Project Pegasus.

FYI, it was confirmed that Al Ewing and Yildiray Cinar are doing a Nova & Quasar story in the GotG annual.

https://twitter.com/ycinar/status/1120965689106472960