Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Possible match made in Heaven?

Will we ever really know?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good to hear. I very much like your idea of Rachel & Rich being paired together. Also, you'll have to remind me of the other two times he was seen working with X-Characters. I'm completely drawing a blank on this one.
    I was thinking the first Infinity Gauntlet were Nova fought with Cyclops, Wolverine and other heroes in the MU to stop Thanos. And then in Infinity War where there were a few X-Men. Both times he only had minor roles. Not sure if he said anything on panel in either of them.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

Will we ever really know?

I was thinking the first Infinity Gauntlet were Nova fought with Cyclops, Wolverine and other heroes in the MU to stop Thanos. And then in Infinity War where there were a few X-Men. Both times he only had minor roles. Not sure if he said anything on panel in either of them.
    Thanks for reminding me. It is greatly appreciated.

Rich and Rachel? I likes it!!

......I could see it.

The only problem is that, as far as I know, they belong to different editorial groups and IP franchises. That always causes problems, as we've seen with T'Challa-Storm and Superman-Wonder Woman.

Take Rachael out of the X-office and give her to whichever editorial group has Richard and I'd be down though. I think those two would have a really fun dynamic.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ......I could see it.

The only problem is that, as far as I know, they belong to different editorial groups and IP franchises. That always causes problems, as we've seen with T'Challa-Storm and Superman-Wonder Woman.

Take Rachael out of the X-office and give her to whichever editorial group has Richard and I'd be down though. I think those two would have a really fun dynamic.
    I hear ya. I'm normally against stuff like that too. With Storm and T'Challa being the best example.

However, Rachel is sorta of a small character in the X-Franchise. She is connected to larger characters but she will forever be in their shadow. If something like that would happen it would have to be a no take back situation. Where Rachel is a cosmic character mandated for the next 10-15 years. Give her enough time to grow in that environment. Rachel could guest star in the X-Franchise and X-Characters could do the same for her but she couldn't be placed in a X-Title as a main character for an extended period of time.

That is the only way I see it working and actually being a change for the character.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-06-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

With Rachel it seems like the X-Office is itching to get rid of her anyway so it may not be that hard to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ......I could see it.

The main offices seem to be Avengers/Champions, X-Men/GOTG, Spider-Man, and Deadpool/Star Wars. Richard comes under GOTG, so Nova and Prestige ARE in the same editorial office!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The main offices seem to be Avengers/Champions, X-Men/GOTG, Spider-Man, and Deadpool/Star Wars. Richard comes under GOTG, so Nova and Prestige ARE in the same editorial office!
    If that's true then one of the biggest (and only) hurdles wouldn't be a problem. You'd just have to make sure the X-writers knew she was off limits without consulting the Nova writer/s.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The big hurdle for us is simply getting a Nova series, If only one of the big name creators could rise up for Rich we could be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The big hurdle for us is simply getting a Nova series, If only one of the big name creators could rise up for Rich we could be in business.
    I'm hopeful that we will get Rich somewhere regularly will be coming. For a character that is "obscure" he has a very large fan following so he is bound to make his return.

I'm hoping that the Carol Danvers movie will kick off a Nova movie in some form. My only concern is that now that Marvel Entertainment has the FF and the X-Men we may have to wait a little longer.

Part of me wishes they didn't get them back just yet. It was nice having other characters in Marvel's wheel house a chance to shine and gain notoriety.

Speaking of Carol Davners....it be cool to see Moonstone become another regular villain for Nova. She had a pretty cool showing here.

Speaking of Carol Davners....it be cool to see Moonstone become another regular villain for Nova. She had a pretty cool showing here.
    He beats her with 1 finger in the next page haha

Who are the big writers that have readers that follow them on every book they write. I know Bendis was one. Who are the others?

As much as Al Ewing is great, he doesn't unfortunately seems to have a big following.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Who are the big writers that have readers that follow them on every book they write. I know Bendis was one. Who are the others?

As much as Al Ewing is great, he doesn't unfortunately seems to have a big following.
    I think after his run on the current Hulk book that might change but I feel you. After the last solo series which had both Sam and Rich and still didn't do well-though I like it, I agree that they need someone more high profile that might stir the pot in a good way. I don't think Aaron would be a good fit. Maybe Gerry Duggan? Priest? Waid? Cates for me I feel like is the obvious choice (maybe not the best) for a solo for Nova since he's writing GOTG and has a hot had at Marvel at the moment. I would like to see what someone like Saladin Ahmed would do for Nova too but I think his name isn't big enough yet.

Ain't that the truth.

Honestly though, I think we might maybe be better off with a creative team that isn't high end. Big names pull bigger page rates, which means the book has to sell more to remain profitable. And while a big name creator on Nova could definitely make some bank for Marvel, I fear that there might be too much out there for even a top-end talent to pull enough sales.

I mean, Marvel is full of cosmic books now. For the company that is supposed to be "the world outside your door" they've got more cosmic books than DC does, and have for a while. That's a chunk of competition for Nova to deal with that didn't exist back in the DnA days. I think that's what hurt the last series; it was well done and it showcased both Rich and Sam effectively but there were tons of other cosmic titles out there too, and I doubt that helped Nova very much.

So maybe the best choice is a solid creator fans know will do good work, but not someone so high in the rankings that they're at the top of the page rates. Ewing seems like the best example here (he really is the most under-rated writer at the Big 2 I think) but we can all think of several other creators who could fit. This way Nova doesn't have to pull as many sales to remain profitable but he's still in good hands. And when the writer does eventually leave, the drop-off in sales wont be as crippling.

I feel like, for Nova, what he really needs is a consistent creative team that can build the audience up over the long-term and carry a sustained effort, rather than a big name talent who will be on the book for six months before leaving. If Nova can reach consistent mid-level sales that way, he'll be in a pretty safe spot and prove he doesn't require one of the company's best assets to remain viable. He doesn't have to be Top 10, he just has to make a respectable profit month in and month out.

Of course, given how Marvel is these days what Rich really needs is a movie. Marvel doesnt like to push an IP that won't get any larger media attention. Even if movies don't really increase floppy sales, it seems Marvel wants synergy more than anything.

~ Black Panther.