Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I gave up on consistency with Nova a long time ago. Started with Sam and his story not matching Rich's stuff and ended with what Bendis did with the cancerverse. Rich isn't enough of a priority for Marvel to make sure his appearances and continuity line up. Hopefully he gets a movie and that changes, but until then I consider it lucky when Rich shows up at all.
    It is incredibly sad that the bold is the norm at Marvel these days. It shouldn't matter if they are writing Spider-Man or Orka, the writers and editors should have enough pride in their own work to take the time to get it right. With the internet being what it is there is Zero excuse for Marvel creators not doing the research needed to tell on-going stories. Shm

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nobody. Scott Adsit is their leader, but he's referred to as the Nova Commander, and doesn't have any actual powers (and I hope someone takes that guy down soon, because of what he did to Sam).
    Are you referring to taking his helmet away? If so it's actually a logical move. The kid was never appointed by a member of the Nova Core he just found the helmet and started using it. I sorta would have expected any Cop/Military organization to make the same move.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-16-2019 at 03:20 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It is incredibly sad that the bold is the norm at Marvel these days. It shouldn't matter if they are writing Spider-Man or Orka, the writers and editors should have enough pride in their own work to take the time to get it right. With the internet being what it is there is Zero excuse for Marvel creators not doing the research needed to tell on-going stories. Shm
    Yeah, its a load of BS. I get that Marvel thinks the IP isn't a high priority and they can mess with the details and continuity and not worry about it, since they dont seem to think there's enough Nova fans to make the complaining loud enough to acknowledge, but still. It's the continuity; if you can't work within it (or at least mostly within it) you should be doing original, creator owned stuff and not playing with the corporate toys.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Totally agree. Great point.

Yeah, its a load of BS. I get that Marvel thinks the IP isn't a high priority and they can mess with the details and continuity and not worry about it, since they dont seem to think there's enough Nova fans to make the complaining loud enough to acknowledge, but still. It's the continuity; if you can't work within it (or at least mostly within it) you should be doing original, creator owned stuff and not playing with the corporate toys.

THIS.

And more people need to read it and believe it.

Agree with all of the last few posts!

Preach!!! couldn't be put any better than that.

Are you referring to taking his helmet away? If so it's actually a logical move. The kid was never appointed by a member of the Nova Core he just found the helmet and started using it. I sorta would have expected any Cop/Military organization to make the same move.
    But Richard Rider had already approved him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m pretending that’s Kyle as the GL. They should totally get a crossover comic.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m pretending that’s Kyle as the GL. They should totally get a crossover comic.
    No need to pretend, that is Kyle, it's the costume he created after being separated from Parallax during Sinestro Corps War. Green Lantern #24 i believe and yes they should have a crossover. Kyle had one with Silver Surfer that i loved and i am sure it would be awesome with Nova.
    Last edited by Steroid; 01-17-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Nova fans we are less than a week away from the new GOTG series. I truly am hoping somehow Rich makes the team at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But Richard Rider had already approved him.
    Sam pulled him out of the cancerverse. Rich would look like a jerk if he took the helmet away. Rich was also not in charge at the time.

Another reason I think its the right move is that if a kid found a loaded gun and he managed to “do some good with it” a responsible adult wouldn’t let him keep it. Let alone allow him be a cop. Takes a little more then that.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-18-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Another reason I think its the right move is that if a kid found a loaded gun and he managed to “do some good with it” a responsible adult wouldn’t let him keep it. Let alone allow him be a cop. Takes a little more then that.
    Question but what more would it take?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Question but what more would it take?
    With how the Corp is seemly setup today? Probably more training with and through the Corps. Along with him being older than he is now. (At least until the next inconsistent information comes out)

When Rich first became Nova the Corps was wiped out. There were no other option. When the Corps finally resurfaced Rich was somewhere between the age of 17-21. Rich had held the title of Nova for years and did a solid job making the right decisions with his power and protecting the universe. However, even then the Leader of the Nova Corp sent the Shi'Ar's most powerful and accomplished warrior of it's Imperial Guard , Gladiator, down to earth just to test him.

If Rich had been the same age as Sam when the Nova Corp returned I would expect them to challenge Rich's status as a Nova as well. I would also think at the very least they would force him into training if they didn't out right take his power away. (Which may or may not have been possible since the power was apart of him.)
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-18-2019 at 04:35 AM.

How would everyone feel if Xandar was rebuilt (again) and the Xandarians cloned (again)?

Back in New Warriors a computer which I guess was World Mind was switched back on and the Xandarians were cloned back into existence.

If World Mind was ever saved from the Cancerverse, would you like to see Xandar rebuilt and the Xandarian people brought back to life?