Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    When teen heroes were still actual well formed characters:

Check out current run of Champions to read teen heroes that are actual well formed characters
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Check out current run of Champions to read teen heroes that are actual well formed characters
    I have...and their not. Most (not all) are barely fully formed ideas. Writers are still trying to get who they are down to actually get them to a marketable level. For the most part the characters in Champions dialogue could be shuffled to any character and it wouldn't matter or change the story. With well formed characters you can't really do that.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-23-2019 at 03:24 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Could be missing something....but I didn't see Rich in any of the solicits.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...ns-april-2019/
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Cates just tweeted about Nova. I bet he’ll be in the Guardians run in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Sweet! I was on the fence about getting Guardians but hearing this I am not getting that book!

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Oh yeah, he'll definitely have a role in the series. But i was hoping he was gonna be part of the team, and it seems that's not gonna be the case. I just want Rich to be in a monthly book again.. is that too much to ask Marvel?

BANNED

Nova #1 Jan 1994
    "Heavy Mettle!"
    The Human Rocket blasts back onto the scene in another breath-taking solo series!
    Nova will be challenged like never before when a trio of mysterious visitors from beyond the stars come to Earth to test his limits.

Featuring the unparalleled might of Gladiator AND THE TRUE MEANING OF THE WORD...
    J
    NOVA!!
    Written by Fabian Nicieza. Art by Chris Marrinan and Mark Stegbauer.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 01-29-2019 at 09:49 AM.

BANNED

Nova = a star showing a sudden large increase in brightness and then slowly returning to its original state over a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Nova = a star showing a sudden large increase in brightness and then slowly returning to its original state over a few months.
    Such a shame

Sweet! I was on the fence about getting Guardians but hearing this I am not getting that book!
    Dude, Rich didn't appear but the issue was freaking awesome and very much worth a read for some cosmic goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Dude, Rich didn't appear but the issue was freaking awesome and very much worth a read for some cosmic goodness.
    Pass. Cates is way too fond of alternate universe characters. I read the CBR article and Cosmic Ghostrider, Moondragon and Phyla-Vell are all from alternate universes. That is half the team. One more alternate universe character and the book turns into The Exiles.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-23-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Rider should be in charge of the Corps. He's by far the most experienced to have the Nova Force, and he's beyond battle tested at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    The Nova Prime would have taken orders from the leader of Xandar - Queen Adora I think her name was. But now that the Xandarians are gone the prime is the only one to lead the army.

I'm not sure how I feel if the Nova Prime was taking orders from someone else. I mean the Nova Prime will and should have World Mind in his head. Why would he take orders from anyone else?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Pass. Cates is way too fond of alternate universe characters. I read the CBR article and Cosmic Ghostrider, Moondragon and Phyla-Vell are all from alternate universes. That is half the team. One more alternate universe character and the book turns into The Exiles.
    Yeah, pretty much.

Phylla and Heather being alternate just seems silly when the originals could easily have been used (Heather even died off panel just so this new one could be used).

And the least said about CGR the better.

On saying that, I did read the issue and while I didnt really like the way the characters were written, the over arching story appears to be quite interesting.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ultimate Member

I have...and their not. Most (not all) are barely fully formed ideas. Writers are still trying to get who they are down to actually get them to a marketable level. For the most part the characters in Champions dialogue could be shuffled to any character and it wouldn't matter or change the story. With well formed characters you can't really do that.
    I think the problem with Champions is that so many of their core characters have their own books. That limits the development the Champions writer can do.

And more than that, Champions is clearly trying to play it safe, something you can't do when you want to tackle real world subjects with any meaningful purpose. Everyone is against sex trafficking and getting water to isolated villages is nice, but hardly pushes the envelope.

New Warriors tied to do that. And Fabian had characters that were his alone to develop, allowing him more freedom. Champions isn't bad, but Marvel is clearly playing it safe with the series.

For the most part the characters in Champions dialogue could be shuffled to any character and it wouldn't matter or change the story.
    Absolutely untrue. Are you sure you’ve read more than an issue or two of this book?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”