Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think the problem with Champions is that so many of their core characters have their own books. That limits the development the Champions writer can do.

And more than that, Champions is clearly trying to play it safe, something you can't do when you want to tackle real world subjects with any meaningful purpose. Everyone is against sex trafficking and getting water to isolated villages is nice, but hardly pushes the envelope.

New Warriors tied to do that. And Fabian had characters that were his alone to develop, allowing him more freedom. Champions isn't bad, but Marvel is clearly playing it safe with the series.
    Huh? Back in the day, Night Thrasher and Nova had solos and Namorita was also co-starring in Namor. Justice had a mini-series too. How is that any different to four of the current fourteen Champions having solos? In fact, it was more of an issue in Waid's run, as of the original six member Champions team, only Viv Vision didn't have another book. Zub's expansion means that there's plenty of other characters who can be developed... chiefly his own creation Snowguard and Sam Alexander, whose solo was cancelled before Zub took over Champions, as well as Viv.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-23-2019 at 08:14 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? Back in the day, Night Thrasher and Nova had solos and Namorita was also co-starring in Namor. Justice had a mini-series too. How is that any different to four of the current fourteen Champions having solos? In fact, it was more of an issue in Waid's run, as of the original six member Champions team, only Viv Vision didn't have another book. Zub's expansion means that there's plenty of other characters who can be developed... chiefly his own creation Snowguard and Sam Alexander, whose solo was cancelled before Zub took over Champions, as well as Viv.
    Most of those series you mention only came about after a long number of issues. Remember that Thrash's book took him off the team, and a mini doesn't count as a book

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Cates just tweeted about Nova. I bet he’ll be in the Guardians run in no time.
    When he joins, or has a major part in a story arc, I'll get it. Until then, I'll keep my money. Nothing against the roster, it's just not quite enough to pull me in without Rich (or a couple other personal favorites) on it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Absolutely untrue. Are you sure you’ve read more than an issue or two of this book?
    Yes, I have. And I stand by my opinion on the matter.

Rather not derail the thread with a book that doesn't really have nothing to do with the character of this Appreciation thread, so I will say no more on that.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

What is that and who is in the Nova helmet? Is that Sam? Is he officially joining the Corps?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What is that and who is in the Nova helmet? Is that Sam? Is he officially joining the Corps?
    Whoops, guess I should have put some text to that. Sorry!

Its Rich Rider in the Marvel Adventure series. Just younger and not in continuity.

Is that the all-ages IDW series? I might have to keep an eye out for that issue.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Is that the all-ages IDW series? I might have to keep an eye out for that issue.
    The issue was made by Marvel. It's and older issue, like 7-9 years old now.

BOOOM!

Any new news on Richard? Has he fought the Black Order yet?

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I still want Rich to hook up with Black Swan.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Nova fans may want to be keeping their eye on the latest (and following) issue of Guardians by Cates.